look it's just some goddamn diplomacy, don't make this more complicated than it needs to be with some profound-ass title or whatever

Lestari

After about half an hour of slapping her videocom device, turning it off and then back on, accidentally taking at least three photos of her furiously flustered expression with the stupid thing and then inadvertently emailing them to Taraa, cursing under her breath, and at least at one point vowing to hunt down and purge every last person involved in the creation of this infernal machine, Khün managed to get the damn thing working, and shortly thereafter, upon taking the necessary time to chill out and such, called Admiral Aviv Kochavi.

"Hello, Admiral Kochavi," she stated by way of greeting. "I hope things are going well in Novak. Uriankhai has made few diplomatic overtures since its advent, and-- if you'll forgive the pretense of flattery-- I figured it would be appropriate to reach out to one of the more evidently sensible powers in our region, especially given recent events."

Edited by dotCom

"Flattery is not necessary in times like this. Japan has made an assault on Europe, plunging the region into war. This is on top of their transgressions in the Indian a few years ago. Asia has always been fraught with conflict, so we are glad to see a relatively stable nation rise from the rubble. What is it that you want to chat about?"

"Well," Khün began shortly. "Uriankhai is a nascent nation, and though our industry is already quite potent, I feel we may still benefit from using the necessity of munitions in these uncertain times as a springboard for diplomatic relations. Therefore I ask, would Novak be interested in procuring a deal with Uriankhai regarding the purchase of military munitions?

"We are very selective in who we choose to sell weaponry, due to the tendency for countries to fall and weapons landing in the wrong hands. I have two questions, what makes Uriankhai more stable than its predecessors and the nations around it? And what are you seeking? I had a Novaki Military Industries representative send you a list of equipment we sell, export models of course."

Khün smiled, the wry expression tugging at the one corner of her thin lips that was not paralysed into dispassion. "We are a nation by, for, and of indigenous peoples-- of people who have for centuries been trampled and oppressed by foreign tyrants. We fought a revolution to wrest our right to exist from those tyrants' hands, and now that we have for the first time in ages carved a nation of our own from the steppe, I am ill-inclined to say we intend to let it collapse."

She shook her head. "But perhaps I'm being overly verbose. That being said, the sort of weapons we're looking for are a fairly narrow menagerie. I have received Novaki Military Industries' list-- thanks for that, by the way-- and it has much that's of interest to us. P-8 Poseidon crafts, B-2s, and E-8 Growlers would particularly be priorities, as well as the Aster and Patriot missile systems."

"Five P-8s, twenty B-2s, and twenty five E-8s is the total tally of our prospective order, as far as the aircraft are concerned," Khün intoned.

A contract was written up and sent to the military procurement offices of Uriankhai for the aircraft. 

"We will begin deliveries as soon as possible. We would like to invite your crews to Novak, in order to train to operate the Novaki-specific designs and to deliver the aircraft back to your country."

"That would be deeply appreciated," Khün returned with a gracious nod of her head. She paused briefly, mulling over a thought that had only just come to her, before adding, a slow and deliberate drawl to the hard rasp of her voice, "In fact, in the interests of better facilitating this-- and perhaps future-- deals, would Novak be interested in considering a trade agreement to promote and then expedite economic industry between our nations?"

"Are you familiar with the use of thorium as a substitute for uranium and plutonium?" Khün ventured, figuring that would probably be the best place to start. "In Uriankhai, we have developed a liquid fluoride thorium reactor design that produces thirty five times the amount of energy that enriched uranium does, with several times less the risk due to its extremely low pressure functions, stable coolant system, and passive decay heat cooling. Hell, the design doesn't even necessarily need to run on thorium-- beryllium, lithium, nickel, a wealth of elements that are all more abundant and more easily acquired than uranium and plutonium, can be substituted with almost equal efficiency."

She shrugged her broad shoulders almost faux-modestly. "I'm told it's one of the more advanced alternative energy designs we're aware of, but I'd rather let the design speak for itself."

Edited by dotCom

"We are interested in alternative forms of energy to supplement and eventually replace our oil-based forms of energy production. We are willing to allow your energy companies to sell the designs to Novakian energy companies. I believe we will be able to build a fruitful economic relationships, beginning with military and energy industries.

As with most economic agreements Novak makes, I prefer protecting our economic interests, especially defense industries operating abroad. As such, I would like a defense arrangement as a part of this agreement."

Khün nodded her head, a minute, sharp motion. "What have you in mind for this prospective arrangement?"

"While Novak typically has not required a forward operating base from previous allies, due to the proximity to our nation and the ability to easily travel over allied territory, we simply request the ability to operate a joint ground and air base with your military. Your air force, of course, would have the ability to land and refuel at Novaki air bases in our nation and in the Indian Ocean."

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Khün nodded, and shortly thereafter received the document in question. She read it over quickly-- because helming a sovereign nation does necessitate a certain degree of paranoia, after all-- but found, much as could be expected, nothing that had not already been agreed upon. And so, with that, she signed off on the modest little accord.

• 4 weeks later...

An indeterminate amount of time after their initial conference, Khün saw fit to shoot Admiral Aviv Kochavi another message. Fortuitously, this time she'd gotten the hang of her video conference tool, so there was significantly less hassling and vehement cursing involved this time around.

"Hello again, Admiral Kochavi. Uriankhai is interested in purchasing more equipment from Novak-- namely, naval power. Are you willing to make a deal?"

An indeterminate amount of time after their initial conference, Khün saw fit to shoot Admiral Aviv Kochavi another message. Fortuitously, this time she'd gotten the hang of her video conference tool, so there was significantly less hassling and vehement cursing involved this time around.

"Hello again, Admiral Kochavi. Uriankhai is interested in purchasing more equipment from Novak-- namely, naval power. Are you willing to make a deal?"

"We can have our companies produce in Uriankhai shipyards with ease. What are you seeking as the new naval power in Asia?"

"We have already produced designs for the bulk of our navy, but a number of Novak designs have certainly caught my eye-- particularly, the Somalia-class and the Aden-class... and the Yemen-class, at that."

"We do have export versions of those available. The Aden can be completed in a little over a year, the Somalia can be completed in around two and the Yemen class can be completed in a little over two years. How many do you wish to procure?