GOONS now protecting Europa

Protection Agreement between Europa and GOONS

I. Sovereignty and Conduct
A. GOONS will act as the protector of Europa should Europa find itself threatened militarily or politically.
B. Europa agrees to conduct its foreign policy civilly and responsibly.

II. Defense and Intelligence
A. GOONS will provide financial and military assistance in event of another alliance attack Europa.
B. Europa will retain the option to join in the defense of GOONS during wartime, but is not obligated to do so.
C. Both GOONS and Europa agree to share intelligence and gossip between themselves.

III. Foreign Policy
A. Europa agrees not to sign any treaties other than Optional Defense Pacts, or Peace, Intelligence, and Aid, Treaties while this protectorate is valid.
B. Europa agrees to join the Black team and support GOONS political goals.
C. Europa agrees to nationalize its foreign aid slots within the GOONS Aid Slot Nationalization Program and will not conduct third-party tech deals.

IV. Maturation of Agreement
A. This protectorate will begin following the completion of ASN integration and Europa's switch to the Black team.

V. Cancellation of Protectorate Agreement
A. Europa or GOONS may cancel this agreement after providing 72 hours notice to the other party.

Signed for The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism:
Sardonic, Pilot
KenMorningstar, Co-Pilot
ComradeMilton, Secretariat
Bear Retrieval Unit, Strategos
Aesculus, Pecuniator
Darksol, Slide, r00tn00b, dalstrs, NikolaP, Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

Signed for Europa:
Chax -- Alliance Leader #1
MoSW -- Alliance Leader #1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Chax disband Europa after trying to sell out hit allies on the eve of a big war? I would imagine that CBs still valid.. who did he sell out? Int? 

In a very few private conversations, Chax seemed dissatisfied with the way things were, but swept along.  Re-foundings are nostalgic, a chance to do things better.

Didn't Chax disband Europa after trying to sell out hit allies on the eve of a big war? I would imagine that CBs still valid.. who did he sell out? Int? 

(Clarifying disclosure: I was in INT govt at the time)

There was a statement made by him that BFF was going to merge with INT.  That BFF was having some issues, and that INT-BFF would be a good fit for some large merge.  We were MDoAP allies.

When he told us at the time, he implied it was something that had widespread support and given we were good friends with BFF, we were happy to try to work the kinks out with that (I mean, it was something like 3-5 mil NS in the swing).  So he came to IRC and basically offered to have BFF merge with us on the spot, but with the proviso that it kick off and happen *soon*.

The reality of it was (and I lack the screenshot of his post to the membership) he was burnt out and handed it off in something close to the worst way possible with a few other members.  He wanted to retire from govt, and I think, the game.

From what I was told, he and a few of the other govt members made the decision without telling much of the membership anything, then left with a short post to the line of:

"Well, you guys go merge with INT now.  I'm out of here." is something to the effect.

This gained INT a few members (7?  Maybe?), with the majority of BFF confused on what the hell happened. Some founded FEAR, some went to other alliances, etc.  All in all, a nice little cluster@#$%.

Supposedly, this was the rationale behind NEW hitting INT during Equilibrium/Competence, but I have no idea as to the veracity of that.  Maybe someone in NEW government could better clarify...I don't know.

-----

I post this because its hardly much of an issue anymore.  Again, we were led to believe it was something the majority of BFF supported which was.....somewhat less than truthful.

Regardless of the past, I wish Chax the best of luck in forming what new identity he intends for himself, and the other former BFF members wherever they went.

EDIT: I am unfamiliar with Chax and anything involving Europa.  This relates solely to the entity known as BFF before Chax went off to other climes.

Edited by Crownguard

<snip>

Oh yes, there was that but that was not what I was talking about.

I was talking about when Chax was mad that NEW/FEAR/WP left BFF (the alliance) and reformed and tried to make a deal with NG/NPO that when they went to war with NEW/FEAR/WP/BFF that BFF (alliance) would peace out after 2-3 weeks of nonnuclear war and let NPO/NG destroy FEAR/WP/NEW.. and Int I think? Not sure about Int.. I forget who it was.. merged into Valhalla?

EDIT: Oh it was TORN.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

I'm glad you all remember us so well and have so much interest in our history, so much so that you're willing to spend time writing elaborate, new versions more ridiculous than the ones that prevailed years ago. Congrats!

Europa is reborn, and almost all of the founders are part of this effort. We've all remained friends in other worlds, and we decided to come back and kick it in CN for old time sake. Love us or hate us, we don't really care all that much. 

Mogar, of course there's a clause about you in our charter. :)

Oh yes, there was that but that was not what I was talking about.

I was talking about when Chax was mad that NEW/FEAR/WP left BFF (the alliance) and reformed and tried to make a deal with NG/NPO that when they went to war with NEW/FEAR/WP/BFF that BFF (alliance) would peace out after 2-3 weeks of nonnuclear war and let NPO/NG destroy FEAR/WP/NEW.. and Int I think? Not sure about Int.. I forget who it was.. merged into Valhalla?

EDIT: Oh it was TORN.

Also literally none of that happened. This is the first reformation of Europa. FEAR/WP/Europa were BFF, there was no selling out of FEAR/WP by Europa. Hope this helps. 

Also literally none of that happened. This is the first reformation of Europa. FEAR/WP/Europa were BFF, there was no selling out of FEAR/WP by Europa. Hope this helps. 

You tried to sell them out.. under the name BFF or europa, doesn't matter.

Edit: mm actually it was LPH wasn't it? Edited by Unknown Smurf

Edit: mm actually it was LPH wasn't it?

LPH did nothing but flounder under my leadership and I'll have nobody else saying otherwise.

But no, you're full of shit with your "misremembering" and you know it. Edited by Neo Uruk

You tried to sell them out.. under the name BFF or europa, doesn't matter.

Edit: mm actually it was LPH wasn't it?

I wasn't really ever involved in LPH other than the founding. I think I had like 6 posts on those forums. I was in MK at the time, then GOONS. 

As an honorary member, am I protected by this agreement?

Absolutely. 

If you read the whole thread, you'll notice that I wasn't actually in LPH at the time and was posting on their behalf, as it states in the OP you linked. 

Edited by Ernesto Che Guevara

If you read the whole thread, you'll notice that I wasn't actually in LPH at the time and was posting on their behalf, as it states in the OP you linked. 

If you're going to read the whole thread then you should definitely start with some background.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/114715-a-statement-from-bff/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/114761-another-statement-from-bff/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/114775-an-end-to-bff-announcements/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/114788-toodles-cupcakes/