Raising the Stars and Stripes

MostGloriousLeader

As time passed, the government of New England that held sway over most of central North America east of the Mississippi River had gradually eroded, its authority and power receding further and further until most of the states it had previously governed were more or less left to govern themselves.  As a result the primary powers of governance was now in the hands of the individual state governors and the state legislatures.  The joy resulting from the newfound independence in these states was quickly replaced with the grave reality of the situation they now faced.  In this world the strong survived and the weak were absorbed by those who coveted what they could take.

The individual states by themselves were vulnerable and it was quickly determined by both the population and the leadership of these states that a collective effort was the only measure of safety available to them.  A conference of the state governors was held in the Capitol Building in Washington DC and an agreement was quickly hashed out.  A central government needed to be formed and would be based on the traditional style of American government, federalism.  The agreements were submitted to the state legislatures and were quickly and almost unanimously approved.  With confirmation of the agreement the announcement was made.

national+mall+84374977.jpg

Major media networks were notified of an important upcoming announcement from the capital and they in turn notified the people of the soon to be nation.  A record crowd, estimated to be over 2 million people, had gathered in Washington DC in front of the Capitol Building on the National Mall and the media was broadcasting the event live.  Heavy security was provided for the event by the DC Metropolitan Police, and national guard members from several states.  At the scheduled time of the beginning of the event the state governors all filed in behind the podium while three of their number stepped forward and one of them stood at the podium.

“Ladies and gentlemen.  My fellow Americans.  Today is the dawn of a new age.  The beginning of a new nation.  One that will stand firm and stand the test of time.  For those who may not know me my name is John Moore, the governor of Pennsylvania.  Behind me are the governors of the states of New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.  The Status of Union Agreement approved by all the legislatures of the states represented here today has laid down the foundation for the creation of a new nation.  Our nation”.

“Founded on the principles of American democracy and representative government, in the coming days and weeks we shall hold a convention to form a new constitution and will hold elections to realize the desires for our citizens to have a role in the shaping and the direction of our government.  In the meantime, a temporary transitional government shall operate and lay the groundwork for the future government in accordance with the principles and directives agreed upon in the Status of Union Agreement”.

“Until a final government is formed, the governing body of this nation shall consist of an executive triumvirate and temporary legislature.  The legislature will consist of two representatives from each state chosen by each state’s legislature.  The triumvirate has been elected and agreed upon by the 18 state governors.  I am proud to be able to say that myself, and the two people on either side of me have been chosen to lead this nation in its earliest days.  To my left is Holly Stringer, the governor of New York.  To my right is Randall Crawford, the governor of Virginia.  We stand before you here today with a solemn promise.  To be the leaders that this new nation deserves.  The leaders that this nation needs.  Today marks the birth of the United States of North America”.

"East Asia welcomes a return to organized government for the people of the United States, and hopes for warm relations as we share with the rest of the Americas, we would also suggest getting into contact with the NWO bloc in regards to membership, to ensure no foreign aggression while your nation is still focused internally."

Edited by Mogar

Diplomatic Note from Sverige

The Kingdom of Sverige normally does not bother with nations outside of Europe, however we feel that the United States of North America has finally formed under a strong and lasting government, so we wish them luck and recognize their state into existence.

"East Asia welcomes a return to organized government for the people of the United States, and hopes for warm relations as we share with the rest of the Americas, we would also suggest getting into contact with the NWO bloc in regards to membership, to ensure no foreign aggression while your nation is still focused internally."

"The Republic of Novak fully recognizes the United States of North America as an independent nation."

The Kingdom of Sverige normally does not bother with nations outside of Europe, however we feel that the United States of North America has finally formed under a strong and lasting government, so we wish them luck and recognize their state into existence.

The United States of North America appreciates the recognition given by your nations.

"Before the Principality of Tikal can give the USNA recognition, we believe there is a need for a formal meeting between us. We kindly request you send a representative to Dusk and Dawn as soon as possible."

A delegate shall be sent to meet with the government of Tikal.

OOC: where do you want the meeting to take place?

The Kingdom of Sverige has sent ships containing food and medical supplies, as well investment money to your nation to help your nation in the rebuilding. If the United States so wishes it, the Kingdom of Sverige is willing to send [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/121666-cnrp2-kingdom-of-sverige-factbook/?p=3254882]Military Supplies[/url], should your nation so desire it. We look forward to the growth and prosperity of your nation in the Americas.

"Now that the issues Tikal had are handled, we happily recognise the USNA to the Americas, and will send money and resources in regular shipments for three months to help kickstart the USNA's economy."

[Classified]

Any troops that Tikal may or may not have had in the USNA's territory would be called back to the homeland.

Edited by Lynneth

"I'm not going to speak on the recognition of the USNA, that's the job of the State Department I'm pretty busy here in the capital right now, but I hope our fellow Americans continue to live in peace with one another and promote stability in our hemisphere."

-Governor Anthony Sparks of Texas while walking to the capital building

Classified

Any elements of the Texas National Guard that may have been in the USNA territory would withdraw unless otherwise requested by the Federated government.