European War OOC Thread

Californian

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mogar,

The Triple-E Maersk cannot go through the Panama Canal. They're simply too large to fit at the shallow depth of the canal.

The Canal was enlarged in the past to accomodate these ships. Further, I made the Nicaragua Canal, which from its conception was designed to permit them.

The Canal was enlarged in the past to accomodate these ships. Further, I made the Nicaragua Canal, which from its conception was designed to permit them.

Civilian-tech related RP should not have a military effect. People did say they did not recognize optional-canon technology and that would certainly fall under that.

@Triyun - if I'm not mistaken, everyone launched drones and other aircraft to search you out first, hinging firing upon somebody finding you. If you want spy rolls or whatever to have our searchers find your fleet, I don't have a problem with that.

Drones that aren't carrier capable.   :P  Also what're E-4s?

I would like individual spy rolls, for my fleet formations.  You really need one drone per fleet.  Each fleet is centered around either 1 carrier so 10 for that, 3 amphibs (6 of those), or two battleships 8 of those.  So 24 please.

Edited by Triyun

Triyun: I haven't actually launched an attack on you. Just launched fighters and prepared for a fight. I wasn't sure how Ty would rule on naval locations, so I didn't make the assumption that I knew where your stuff was well enough to attack it at sea. As to how we found your fleet, please see Ty's post about intel. We're generally aware of large fleets, which the British fleet is. Also we've been RPing observation of Britain for a bit now. ;)

Eva: I'll edit my fleet numbers into my post in the thread.

Triyun: I haven't actually launched an attack on you. Just launched fighters and prepared for a fight. I wasn't sure how Ty would rule on naval locations, so I didn't make the assumption that I knew where your stuff was well enough to attack it at sea. As to how we found your fleet, please see Ty's post about intel. We're generally aware of large fleets, which the British fleet is. Also we've been RPing observation of Britain for a bit now. ;)

Eva: I'll edit my fleet numbers into my post in the thread.

The British Fleet isn't all massed in one spot, its on patrols in the Atlantic, no navy masses just in one formation.  And even if you did you really would need to define how you saw it. 

Mara I'm still waiting on drone explanations.

Ty is already aware of RPed surveillance efforts. And unfortunately, you haven't posted anything other than that "the British fleet" was in the North Atlantic. As such, we cannot assume it was now conveniently broken up into just the right size units to avoid the detection ruling that you were unaware of when you first typed it. Similar to how Eva gets to see my fleet, because I didn't bother to specify whether or not it was moving in smaller units.

Ty is already aware of RPed surveillance efforts. And unfortunately, you haven't posted anything other than that "the British fleet" was in the North Atlantic. As such, we cannot assume it was now conveniently broken up into just the right size units to avoid the detection ruling that you were unaware of when you first typed it. Similar to how Eva gets to see my fleet, because I didn't bother to specify whether or not it was moving in smaller units.

How would you do surveillance of the Atlantic exactly, you can't use satellites they are recon not surveillance.

Mogar,

The Triple-E Maersk cannot go through the Panama Canal. They're simply too large to fit at the shallow depth of the canal.

First off, as Lynneth said he expanded the Panama specifically to allow for such vessels to cross, and even if you ignore that, than they simply make port on the west coast and bring it across Tikal anyway?

I'll reply to my own at least, with the exception of FHIC's missile, of which there is a BrahMos Land Attack variant.

For Mogar:  Again 6000 missile take a really long time to move.  Didn't you post movements a week before the attack.  

Which btw, I hope is your maximum numbers of missiles total if we play by common sense.

The idea that the Japanese fleet could operate with no EM tansmissions seems highly suspect.  Especially because there is no actual proof the RQ-170 as an AESA radar and if it does have it its highly under powered as a long range surveillance system for tracking the world's largest navy, nor would its out detection range get a whole navy which is spread over a very wide area.

Also how exactly do you get strategic surprise when it takes a really long time to launch 270 aircraft off of carriers?

I RP several hundred GLR ships containing tens of thousands of containers making port into France daily,  and every RL day is IC 2 weeks to my nation. we both know it would not take that long to move those, as for "common sense", unfortunately I have been RPing a war economy for the past two decades due to my numerous economic overtures going ignored by the majority of the world, this would mean I either allow for the 200 million or so people who would be affected by the transition to a full civilian based economy to go jobless due to lack of foreign markets, or continue building weapons of war with heavy funding from Tikal, and considering I RP having a >2% unemployment rate, guess which option I chose?

You're running off the assumption I did not have a general idea where your fleet was, which thanks to Mael's ARES satellite system, I had a very good idea of where it was upon the oceans. You would be unable to notice any EM emissions from satellite communications, since it would be aimed directly up, not spread out for you to listen in on.

Where did I claim strategic surprise? I am running jamming, which would essentially act as a beacon to tell you where I was coming from, it would however leave you unable to know exactly what was coming.

Edited by Mogar

I'll reply to my own at least, with the exception of FHIC's missile, of which there is a BrahMos Land Attack variant.

I RP several hundred GLR ships containing tens of thousands of containers making port into France daily,  and every RL day is IC 2 weeks to my nation. we both know it would not take that long to move those, as for "common sense", unfortunately I have been RPing a war economy for the past two decades due to my numerous economic overtures going ignored by the majority of the world, this would mean I either allow for the 200 million or so people who would be affected by the transition to a full civilian based economy to go jobless due to lack of foreign markets, or continue building weapons of war with heavy funding from Tikal, and considering I RP having a >2% unemployment rate, guess which option I chose?

You're running off the assumption I did not have a general idea where your fleet was, which thanks to Mael's ARES satellite system, I had a very good idea of where it was upon the oceans. You would be unable to notice any EM emissions from satellite communications, since it would be aimed directly up, not spread out for you to listen in on.

Where did I claim strategic surprise? I am running jamming, which would essentially act as a beacon to tell you where I was coming from, it would however leave you unable to know exactly what was coming.

I am fairly sure ARES got ruled against if it's still the system that claims surveillance of all navies in the world.

I am fairly sure ARES got ruled against if it's still the system that claims surveillance of all navies in the world.

It got ruled for actually, with the caveat of the information being roughly a day late, which is rather irrelevant to find the vessels unless they were taking very very irregular paths.

First off, as Lynneth said he expanded the Panama specifically to allow for such vessels to cross, and even if you ignore that, than they simply make port on the west coast and bring it across Tikal anyway?

They could do that, yes.

I'm glad to see you admit you are simply OOC whining about something pointless then! we're making progress boys and girls!

It's not pointless. You make the intent to use optional-canon civilian technology (the updated canals) for military means, it has to be addressed.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Common sense applies to all nations regardless of how unrealistic a utopia you RP as your civilian economy with 2% unemployment hyper militarized keynesianism and no hyper inflation.

EAI is essentially owned by Tikal at this point, it's common sense that the 2nd, 3rd, 15th, and 20th largest economies in the world combined focusing heavily on military production would be able to manufacture an incredible amount of such weapons.

It's not pointless. You make the intent to use optional-canon civilian technology (the updated canals) for military means, it has to be addressed.

Except ICly, it does not matter in the slightest since everything still ends up in Tikal anyway?

Edited by Mogar

EAI is essentially owned by Tikal at this point, it's common sense that the 2nd, 3rd, 15th, and 20th largest economies in the world combined focusing heavily on military production would be able to manufacture an incredible amount of such weapons.

Except ICly, it does not matter in the slightest since everything still ends up in Tikal anyway?

Claims on size about economies are just made up.  You don't get to let that freedom of RP give you a special advantage in CN RP's military numbers because you use non-canon civilian stuff.  That's called god moding Mogar.  It'd still take months if not years to transport and offload all those in France and set them up.  

Claims on size about economies are just made up.  You don't get to let that freedom of RP give you a special advantage in CN RP's military numbers because you use non-canon civilian stuff.  That's called god moding Mogar.  It'd still take months if not years to transport and offload all those in France and set them up.  

My populations are based off RL numbers, as is my economy, unless you are suggesting that the largest Industrial bases in the world are somehow incapable of producing anything, which for some reason I believe you have the capacity to realize is not the case, since in realistic sense, the majority of the device you are using to reply to me was constructed in the very territory I control.

Last I check that this world started out with the default of everyone has equal opportunity to play regardless.  But you claiming something thats not reflected by a single in game stat or any other measurement is simply ridiculous, regardless of what you RP it as.  Current industrial numbers have very little to do with population, they have to do with worker productivity, technology, among other things.  Your argument of 'Oh I was the first nation to declare I chose my spot the best, I get the most stuff,' is the most idiotic argument frankly I've heard in CN RP and selfish at that.  Its saying that the outcome of stuff should be predestined based on who gets stuff IRL. 

That's simply not the case a lot of history has happened between IRL and in-game and you're acting like a spoiled child if you think you're entitled to have something more than anyone else simply because you were fortunate to DOE early.  Show me a rule that grants you greater military stats based on your map location and you'll have a point, if not you simply are being a brat.

Edit:  To illustrate the literal implications of this argument, Mogar is arguing his 50kish nation should have the ability to produce military weaponry and replenish himself at a rate faster than a fictional nation in Angola regardless of that persons stats.  That's absurd, it should either be even or based on IG nation strength.  Certainly Mogar shouldn't have large stockpiles than the Soviets and Americans based on happening to be located where he is.

Edited by Triyun

Last I checked we were moving away from in game stats, and I have RP'd out having an incredibly Industrialized economy, are you saying that no RP should matter besides specifically that which is based upon our IG stats? If so, I suggest you change the rules of RP1 to properly reflect your ideal scenario, and we can figure out which our community prefers, one that rewards RP, or one that rewards statistics. I feel I am entitled to having "more than anyone else" because I have explictly RP'd maintaining a war economy for the past 2 decades ICly, it is not my fault the nations of your clique have elected to ignore my overtures of moving away from a war based economy.