Choosing Alliance!

kabirgph

SharePoint Consulting

SharePoint is a web application framework and platform developed by Microsoft which was first launched in 2001. SharePoint integrates intranet, content management, and document management. It is mostly used by midsize businesses and large departments.  SharePoint comprises a multipurpose set of Web technologies backed by a common technical infrastructure and by default, SharePoint has a Microsoft Office-like interface, and it is closely integrated with the Office suite. Please click here for more about SharePoint Consulting.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by kabirgph

Its a matter of preference really.
I wouldn't join MI6 or Kaskus ATM unless you want to end up fighting in their war. Well, actually, I just wouldn't join MI6 at all. :P

If you want to learn, your best bet is to join one the larger alliances. But it's really up to you. Different alliances have different communities and cultures.

As fox alluded to it depends on what you want. Do you want a big strong alliance, or a small tight knit one? Do you want a loose structure so you can do whatever you want or do you want one where everyone is built to optimum efficiency? Do you want to be in the center of global affairs or away from it? Do you want occasional war or perpetual peace?

IRON, NPO and ODN are good larger groups, check each of them out to see if they're your thing.

If you want smaller bit decently large alliance, try NG or The Legion.

If you want to be neutral, try going to GPA. But I'd advise against it. ;P

You're better off just picking any alliance off the first page of the alliance listing in game.  MI6 is absolutely no different than any of the rest of them.

Except they steal members from other alliances, complain about how wrong everyone else is and can barely fight an alliance 1/3 their size...
Other than that, no difference.

As fox alluded to it depends on what you want. Do you want a big strong alliance, or a small tight knit one? Do you want a loose structure so you can do whatever you want or do you want one where everyone is built to optimum efficiency? Do you want to be in the center of global affairs or away from it? Do you want occasional war or perpetual peace?

Unknown Smurf is pointing you in the right direction here. Every alliance is a great home for someone and while some are similar, none are the same. If you look at the questions and figure out what you think you want in an alliance, people here will certainly give you a short list that fits your needs.

Good luck!

I'm all for people selling their alliances to others, but please, give reasons to the guy/gal why he/she should join.
Blanket Join this alliance because they are the bestest/mine is hardly a reason.

Its a matter of preference really.
I wouldn't join MI6 or Kaskus ATM unless you want to end up fighting in their war. Well, actually, I just wouldn't join MI6 at all. :P

If you want to learn, your best bet is to join one the larger alliances. But it's really up to you. Different alliances have different communities and cultures.

Utter rubbish, a good small alliance can teach just as well as a bigger one, and you are less likely to just be another face in the crowd.

The primary factor to choose off of is the personalities involved. This is a hard part to sort out but the most fun is to be had sharing a community with compatible people. As a newer player you may also want to look for a growth focused alliance, a good aid program can speed up a nations growth tremendously and save months of time. Third is fining an alliance that uses an educational style that works for you, larger alliances tend to have academies where a structured tutorial method is used while smaller alliances have a tendency to simply point you in the direction of some guides and have you pick it up as you go along. Some alliances will even assign you a mentor or tutor to show you the ropes. 

I agree with everything Smurf said, but I think you are way to inexperienced to make a choice based on a lot of the intangibles Smurf mentioned.  Best bet is to learn the game at an alliance that has an academy and guides to get you up to speed, and then read the OWF and the wiki as you go along to see if there is an alliance which better suits your style.  Micro/non-micro, raid/no raid, commie/no commie,  or a side of the web that appeals to you -- that will all become clear to you  as you play more.

R&R would be a good start for a large alliance, the Javahouse League for a medium alliance. Both seem like good people who wouldn't steer you wrong, even if they weren't your ultimate destination.

I'd stay away from FAN, III%, Stoic Movement, Old Guard, Knights of Ni! -- not because they are bad alliances, but they play the game differently and are not active in the traditional sense. If those are for you, you will find them later. Any neutral alliance for the same reason.

Except they steal members from other alliances, complain about how wrong everyone else is and can barely fight an alliance 1/3 their size...
Other than that, no difference.

Cool story bro :) Sorry their AAs sucked so much that they had to find greener pastures  :smug:

Anywho, kabirgph, as someone in this thread might have already said, larger AAs tend to have better culture than smaller ones; however, smaller AAs tend to have a tighter group. In the end, most AAs will teach you how to build your nation efficiently and get along well with the community. Goodluck and have fun in CN :)

Cool story bro :) Sorry their AAs sucked so much that they had to find greener pastures  :smug:

Anywho, kabirgph, as someone in this thread might have already said, larger AAs tend to have better culture than smaller ones; however, smaller AAs tend to have a tighter group. In the end, most AAs will teach you how to build your nation efficiently and get along well with the community. Goodluck and have fun in CN :)

I would say better resources rather than better culture; also, I would argue that larger AA's have the same tighter group as a subset of the larger AA.

This is the OOC forums, Jesus dude.

Are you particularly shocked at this point?

A general rule of thumb for recruitment is to ignore those that blatantly self promote and pick a group that you feel compatible with in regards to community, structure and theme. Read the wiki an make an educated decision.

Pretty much what most of the people who are shameless said so far, and ask questions of any AA you are thinking about joining.  If they are unwilling to answer your questions or don't answer questions in a way that satisfies you, wave off; they probably aren't the right AA for you.

Utter rubbish, a good small alliance can teach just as well as a bigger one, and you are less likely to just be another face in the crowd.

This. Depending your personality, a large alliance might be a good fit - but it could also wind up horribly boring.

You can put together your own cn library that will be as good as what most alliances will show you as a 'mere member' (and better than what many have, period) with a little time and google.

If you can get on irc and chat with some people. Most of CN is on cold front. Might help you, it's really finding a group you fit in with.

This is good advice as well.

Looks like you actually got a lot of good advice.

I'd most highly recommend what Smurf and keeology said (think about what kind of alliance/group you want to join, and get on irc to talk to people if you can).

Also I always recommend you read the wiki about the last global war. See which side sounds better to you, which alliances sound interesting. Use it as a springboard (the game revolves around these big wars, so going off the last major one is a good bet).

Link if you're interested: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Disorder_War