Austria/Egypt Diplomacy

Hereno

When the Ambassador arrived, he would be greeted by Fawziya; the single and favored wife of Umar.

"So, how was your flight? We have much to discuss. Please follow me."

Without waiting for an answer, she walked at a more-than brisk pace into a dark room at the end of a winding hallway. After what seemed like 45 minutes, and was actually at least 20 minutes, they arrived at the room. The door itself was six inches thick and made of high quality reinforced steel, but it opened effortlessly with a simple non-connected flick of the first lady's wrist.

She walked in without looking back, and quickly disappeared into the darkness. Before the Austrian could figure out where she had went, the lights had turned on and he could see her about 30 feet away at a long table, seated and comfortable.

"Please, friend. Have a seat." she suggested; pointing to a lavish but rickety old chair at the end of the table.

Ambassador Althaus found this all to be fairly peculiar, but went along with it. He could see she was clearly in some kind of rush, though his knowledge of Egyptian customs and culture was actually very limited. He had gone to an exhibit once in Vienna, showcasing various artifacts and the like of the ancient Nile valley, but beyond that his interested in North Africa had been passing at best. The door especially concerned him; he had only seen such things at banks. He put on a smile and nodded gently at the door, "Quite the vault, I hope the room has air holes."

He sat down carefully in the chair, then spoke, "So, you are the one who called me here today, what does Egypt desire? I must admit, it was a bit of a surprise to get your request for diplomacy, but hopefully it's a pleasant one."