Conference of Peace and Power

Yerushalayim

OOC: Observer states are not listed. They have all received a private invitation. If you have not received this invitation, you are not present.

*All transmissions are assumed to be fully secured using 2048 bit encryption and all available security measures.*

Mount Kenya was a swarm of activity, as soldiers of the Republic ran to and fro in their duties. Queen Akinyi stood in the heart of her command center, dozens of maps, charts, and lists glowing on screens around her, listing the Republic's mobilizations and movements. Though the Republic had contained its activity to the African continent, save for its two island bases, its assets were not swarming across its territory and the world. Officers rushed by her, speaking rapidly into headsets, and the entire facility had been placed on maximum security lock down. For the first time since its rise from anarchy, the Republic marched to war with another world power.

Catharine waved the reports aside and the screens went blank. She gave a curt nod to her communications officer, and the transmissions went out. The screens lit up with images of the leaders of the primary participants in the conference: France, Tikal, the East Asian Imperium, Yugoslavia, and Alvonia. Untold others were relegated to observer status, their faces lined up neatly across the bottom of the many screens.

"Friends, allies, colleagues," the Queen began, and translators rushed to ensure that all could understand her words, "It is with a heavy heart that I come before you. While some few of us have gathered already for friendly exercises, intended to bring us together in the name of peace and cooperation, war looms upon the horizon. As you are aware, Europe has never been a bastion of stability, and now the rogue state of Romania has taken direct action against both the Great Lakes Republic, and Yugoslavia. This is in addition to its history of aggression toward Alvonia, and all other states that do not bend the knee to its agenda of domination."

"History has shown all too clearly that we cannot allow such a rogue actor to move freely in the world. We must take drastic action to curtail the aggression of Romania, and we must do it now. The Republic has already diverted forces to engage the Romanians when they begin their war against Yugoslavia. We ask now that you all join us in the war for liberty and stability."

Empress LaQueu was the first to respond, needing no translator to understand the queen's words, "France will stand by our allies in Yugoslavia against any cost of course, but few others present at this conference have such a capacity to intervene aside from the forces on their way to Europe, and those are not mobilized for actual combat I should assume. We should have a difficult time getting any real support to them in a short time span, especially with the security concerns France faces at home." She said.

"The only direct interaction Tikal has had with the states actively attending this conference are EastAsia, and France. But our friendship with the former, the EAI, is deep and thorough enough that we will support them in their endeavours. If the EAI wishes to join the Great Lakes Republic in its mission, then so shall Tikal. that is the only thing I have to say for now."

Attending was the Prince of Tikal, though those looking closely would see the hint of someone else being in the room with him, that being a chair with its large backrest to the camera, concealing whether anyone was within it.

The Prince himself knew, of course, that his wife was in that chair, watching the conference through ocular screens.

Kazuko would speak in English to make lives easier for the translators, "To the Imperium, it's clear this world requires a global defense in order to enforce the norms of global law, I have no interest in being arrested for having a diplomatic conversation and all who came with me shot down like dogs in the street." A Map of the aggressive nations in Africa and Europe would be forwarded to the respective conference partners. "The question is do we wish to live in a world in which only those who bow to these nations is allowed to exist, or one in which all nations get a say in their own lives? In all of our respective regions, Asia with SEATO, The Americas with NWO, and even Africa with AL, we have striven to work towards a peaceful future with one another, where is that same drive in Europe? From my perspective there is a few nations pushing for war against all those who do not bend to their will."

"We tried with the European Community, and I will not be shameful in admitting it was a largely anti-French organization in its inception. However, times change and so do attitudes, as evidenced by the fact I'm currently looking at the faces of people I once considered enemies. No matter what happens, Alvonia will always push for a united Europe free from outside imperialists and aggression."

Queen Akinyi’s attention was caught by a flash of a message across her private screen, and a small frown twitched across her face. She keyed a simple message, then turned back to the conference. “Friends, it is my burden to inform you that Yugoslavia has just come under attack by the Romanians. This is what we had feared, and what we have prepared for. “Empress de Lequeu,” she addressed the French monarch, “would you please initiate Operation Star Fall? Republican forces have already initiated Operation Subtle Winter.”

"So it has come to this." Jeanne said sadly, "We will strike swiftly, decisively and without remorse. I hope only that everyone limit the extent of this conflict so that there are no peripheral casualties. Godspeed to everyone."

Edited by Shave N Haircut

" As the nations gathered here have joined in their intelligence assets, we would also like to request access to Alvonian airspace for our allies for the duration of the current conflict, due to our treaty I expect it would not be an issue for our own forces as is."