An actual plan to help CN

GeniusInc

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

War is where the fun is in CN once tech deals and pixel-counting lose their charm.

In a sense. The actual act of attacking is no more fun than buying infra is. The enjoyment comes from seeing a rival get rolled. And even that dies down after about a week or two when the major damage is done and the war settles into the grind before terms are agreed. Bringing in new players isn't going to fix the core problems of mechanics and politics.

Hello

I am a new player, sure I understand the basics such as back collecting, tech deals and simple things a like, the issue for new players isn't the basics of the game but the mistreatment by alliances in the game, most of you call for a wave of new nations, yet most of you calling for this action will be among the first to tech raid a nation that simply do not understand the rules of the game.

When I first started playing and seeing nations with 70,000 tech I thought WTF I will never catch them so what's the point in taking this game serious, right now I log on every other day, do back collecting, hold to my tech deals, but that's it..... Getting involved in the true nature of this game simply will not happen, people who do not have a reputation or the backing of a powerful alliance is 1) laughed at, 2) attacked and laughed at.

Then you have the alliance web treaty, that is in fact nothing more than a safety web so many topics and pages of alliance cancelling treaties more than i change my socks (i change my socks twice a day), to avoid a war and to make it so one sided there simply is no point partaking unless you are on the winning side. 

YOU want this game to grow, then RESET all nations and then watch what happens, those who have power though fear will no longer have it, and the treaty web will fall apart as most alliances only treaty for protection and power.

Now you're most likely thinking how will this help gain new players, first of all you will all think twice about tech raiding anyone, secondly new nations joining wont be like DAMN there's no point, I know most who read this reply will laugh at the newbie nation, some might even risk attacking me, but in the end you prove my point, I also understand it from the nations point of view who have power, with the 70,000 tech, or the big bad alliance backing, your power will be gone, and you will have to fight to earn the respect and protection again.

Anyway just a newbies point of view nothing more, no one wish to join a game where they can not be top dog, at the end of the day that's the only reason people play games to have fun but the kicker is to have real fun you want to be the top dog.

I've tried this twice with great ideas, but no one wants to help out or take a part in it. Only one person can't make much of a difference in advertising.

tech deals kill

offsite forums are a pain, even if they're active.

most alliances have no real shape, or theme. At least, coming from a newbs prospective.

I like text based games, but CN is a mess, everything is scattered.

- - - -  - - - - - - - -  -  - 

I suggest stream lining it and make it even easier for nations to grow, that way one can be active from the beginning.

[I know the suggestion won't magically turn a text based game into a world phenomenon, but at least it will be interesting for the months or year it is played and may even slightly boost the return population. Because those that stop playing can't jump back in without spending a ton of time just to get to the game play part of it]

anyway I'm going to stick around and see what happens

Hello everyone :)

Edited by casita