An Announcement from the Sphere of Win: The Emerald Economic Community

Goldie

Kind of surprised GPA would limit itself to just two senators when it probably could make a run at 3 at some point in the future.  Especially when VE and allies don't have the same limitations to control the green senate.  GPA being top tier heavy would benefit from proposals better than others and now limits it's ability.  Not really much upside for GPA imo.

That being said they would never try to make a run at 3 anyway and the tension it would create would outweigh the potential benefits of trying for 3 senators.  I just don't see how this benefits the GPA.

But it's a color treaty so who cares.

Well, I'd imagine it might have to do with a violation of neutrality if they ran 3 senators and attempted to dominate the sphere.

Kind of surprised GPA would limit itself to just two senators when it probably could make a run at 3 at some point in the future.  Especially when VE and allies don't have the same limitations to control the green senate.  GPA being top tier heavy would benefit from proposals better than others and now limits it's ability.  Not really much upside for GPA imo.
That being said they would never try to make a run at 3 anyway and the tension it would create would outweigh the potential benefits of trying for 3 senators.  I just don't see how this benefits the GPA.

GPA's scared of their own shadow.

Well, I'd imagine it might have to do with a violation of neutrality if they ran 3 senators and attempted to dominate the sphere.

Why would running 3 senators violate anything?  They could run 5 senators and still be neutral.  It would just piss people off and that tends to go badly when you have no treaties.

To control 3 senators they'd have to have more members voting than every other alliance on green put together.  Even if all their nations had political lobbyists that's unlikely.

No GGA !?!? 

Oh how the tables have turned.

With GGA out of the way Green is now probably the most stable colour sphere in CN.

Could any of the green leaders answer me this: will the current senators remain as they are or will KRT get a spot (presumably at GPA's expense)?

Having any number of Senators would be ok with the GPA values, but the GPA has never considered Senators as a tool at the disposal of the alliance thus, five or one, GPA Senators would anyway vote for the good of Green, not for the good of the GPA only.
This treaty provides the means and a framework to explicitly discuss stuff with our neighbours so that everyone has a say, which is what anyone would consider to be a friendly and constructive approach to potential conflicts of interest. This has always been the GPA style since 2006: if anything, it would be surprising not to see us into it.
Being into it is also a way to have a say as well: the Agency does not obligate the members to vote for the alliance-sponsored senate candidates and, not only for this reason, it's unlikely that we can get and keep three Senators. Should the pact fail to reach its objectives, our participation will obviously be reevaluated - but I don't think we'll have that problem. :)

I'm glad to see this finally happen. Green has been my home for many years now, and I fully support green coming together for the good of the sphere. Thank you to VE for being the driving force behind this. You guys are awesome.

Indeed, I'm glad too.

Having any number of Senators would be ok with the GPA values, but the GPA has never considered Senators as a tool at the disposal of the alliance thus, five or one, GPA Senators would anyway vote for the good of Green, not for the good of the GPA only.
This treaty provides the means and a framework to explicitly discuss stuff with our neighbours so that everyone has a say, which is what anyone would consider to be a friendly and constructive approach to potential conflicts of interest. This has always been the GPA style since 2006: if anything, it would be surprising not to see us into it.
Being into it is also a way to have a say as well: the Agency does not obligate the members to vote for the alliance-sponsored senate candidates and, not only for this reason, it's unlikely that we can get and keep three Senators. Should the pact fail to reach its objectives, our participation will obviously be reevaluated - but I don't think we'll have that problem. :)

Well put. We are still the Green Protection Agency.

With GGA out of the way Green is now probably the most stable colour sphere in CN.

Could any of the green leaders answer me this: will the current senators remain as they are or will KRT get a spot (presumably at GPA's expense)?

I am not a Green leader* but I think that I can answer to that: the KRT will get a senator spot if they can get enough votes for it. They now have a say in how Senators vote for proposal regardless of how many senate seats they "control", though.

* BTW, I am just an old fart that happens to be a GPA Advisor: while I think that my point of view represents the GPA acceptably, it's not official until the actual leaders say it is. JFYI.

KoRT is welcome to a Senator if they can wield one. What this treaty says though is that even if they can not (you'll see that they're just a couple votes short), that they will be able to express their views.

It took a while but I'm glad we wrapped it up. Thanks to all the green governments for putting up with me over the past couple weeks.

Kudos to our fellows on the green sphere for launching this fair and progressive venture. If it proves to be effective, I hope that ring will start to attract more stars.

KoRT welcomes any votes towards our senator Skaha, who is currently tied for 5th place next round with 81 endorsements.

I kinda have to agree with the underlined bit, but it's also good to see teams working together to benefit all. Congrats.

Edited by DeathAdder