Declaration of War

How on earth has this topic dragged on for 17 pages? We've had Kaskus saying by the 5th page already that their reasons for the attack was a fuck up of communication with both sides adding "oh well lets fight". 

Stop stroking Uknown Smurf's ego. You're just feeding him the reasons to make posts on OWF that keep killing our brain cells. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that there have already been several busted peace agreements? I'm not saying it's GOONS' fault, especially given recent history trying to get peace from Methrage, but what makes this peace agreement different from the last few?

The logs in OP include me asking this question and the subsequent answer. My answer to your previous question should elaborate on why I was willing to give it another shot.

The logs in OP include me asking this question and the subsequent answer. My answer to your previous question should elaborate on why I was willing to give it another shot.

So, what it boils down to, is you trust GOONS saying that they will give your protectorate peace. You do not, however, trust GOONS when they tell you that your "CB" was procured as a result of internal miscommunications.

So, what it boils down to, is you trust GOONS saying that they will give your protectorate peace. You do not, however, trust GOONS when they tell you that your "CB" was procured as a result of internal miscommunications.

I trust certain people in GOONS who have, despite many other flaws, shown themselves to be men of their word. With this comes loyalty to ones allies and I believe GOONS are touting the miscommunication line in order to protect MI6, their allies.

I trust certain people in GOONS who have, despite many other flaws, shown themselves to be men of their word. With this comes loyalty to ones allies and I believe GOONS are touting the miscommunication line in order to protect MI6, their allies.

So you trust them.. but you think they're lying.

So far in this thread Smurf has gone from accusing us of malicious plots to retracting that and calling it a miscommunication to reaccusing us of malicious plots.

Meanwhile, Kaskus continues to accept ghosts into this war, despite Smurf and I agreeing that no such activity would take place.

Another nation that will need to get peace from MI6 separately:  Black Sheep

Side note: I checked my logs, and you haven't even sent me a query (until yesterday) since the first or second of September.  You clearly didn't actually attempt to communicate with us, Smurf.

Edited by Chimaera

I was met by silence on the government level.. in private channels if you will. I took the responses in the embassy to mean that the ignores elsewhere were intentional and not due to an inactive alliance (among other potential reasons).

You don't get to claim that somebody is ignoring you if you don't even try to talk to them. At no point did you try to contact any of our government, we've all checked our logs. At no point does anyone who's actually interested in diplomacy make the kind of half-assed attempt you did and then throw their hands up in the air saying "These people I'm not talking to are obviously ignoring me!"

Between this and accepting two ghost nations after your declaration of war after we both agreed we wouldn't be bringing in any ally nations I don't know why anyone would believe a word out of your mouth. Edited by Facade

Is it too early to nominate this for most irritating war of 2014?  It's like 17 pages of quibbling madness over a cb that doesn't exist.  Have we not learned our lesson about this already?

Cuba I know you're an intelligent person, so I know you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that this meow is the OWF where reason and education go to die a long, slow, and painfully agonizing death over a fire.  While covered in bees.  And jam, surrounded by bears.  In a field.  In the Arctic.

Edited by HM Solomon I

Is it too early to nominate this for most irritating war of 2014?  It's like 17 pages of quibbling madness over a cb that doesn't exist.  Have we not learned our lesson about this already?

I dunno man, I think this stuff is hilarious.  It's been too long since something this entertaining has happened.

You don't get to claim that somebody is ignoring you if you don't even try to talk to them. At no point did you try to contact any of our government, we've all checked our logs. At no point does anyone who's actually interested in diplomacy make the kind of half-assed attempt you did and then throw their hands up in the air saying "These people I'm not talking to are obviously ignoring me!"

Between this and accepting two ghost nations after your declaration of war after we both agreed we wouldn't be bringing in any ally nations I don't know why anyone would believe a word out of your mouth.

Yeah, Smurf asked me if I was around a couple times, but not once did he say 'Hey, this is important, we need to talk' or anything of the sort 

You guys have a communication issue. 

Chimaera then noticed that the times you said "hey" were from September 1st, far before this happened. He's been inactive as hell over the last couple of weeks, I imagine everything just ran together. :P

Sep 24 10:43:28 <Stagger_Lee> hey what did unknown smurf actually say in the query that made you ignore him
Sep 24 10:43:38 <Chimaera> It was literally just 'hey'
Sep 24 10:43:39 <Stagger_Lee> i just want to quote it so that i can wonder why anyone would believe a word out of his mouth
Sep 24 10:44:30 <Chimaera> No, wait, I'm wrong.
Sep 24 10:44:34 <Chimaera> I misread my queries
Sep 24 10:44:43 <Chimaera> He hasn't sent me a query (until last night) since SEPTEMBER FIRST
Sep 24 10:44:48 <Chimaera> He didn't even make an effort.

You have an issue with attempting to justify a CB you know to be false.

I get Walsh and Sigrun (especially,) wanting to have your back, but I feel pretty bad for them at this point.

Edited by IYIyTh

The simple fact is you had no facts, so, yes you made the best decision with the facts you had!

I had one fact. 

<KenM> we were told [by MI6] kaskus knew we going in and would stay out of it

Note KenM is GOONS copilot and Sard has been inactive.. so defacto leader of GOONS. I took this to be GOONS' word. 

I had one fact. 

Note KenM is GOONS copilot and Sard has been inactive.. so defacto leader of GOONS. I took this to be GOONS' word. 

That turned out to be false.... as you've seen since posting it.

But I'm still struggling how that sentence would justify hitting MI6 because we said you would stay out of some random micro drama you knew very well we had never been involved with to begin with.

Your CB doesn't make sense in basically every way you look at it.  :mellow:

And you've lied multiple times in saying you tried to "contact us," about a claim of something you read into that never even happened to begin with -- as well as having shown to have been attempting to instigate a war with MI6 since July -- and much sooner.

Edited by IYIyTh

I had one fact. 

Note you were told by GOONS prior to this thread that this was incorrect.