Reforming GM elections

Evangeline Anovilis

This is for CNRP. If you aren't caring about it, no need to bother further.

Alright, I wanted to point out that making run-off polls every month, because we have multiple people with 2-4 votes. You know, there were times when you could not get to be GM, only by getting more than 2 votes. And as the person doing all those votes, I feel like this system has become dysfunctional and it is mostly a pain for me when I have to make three to four threads a month for this kind of thing, which noone cares about. I'm mostly doing elections, because I feel it as a certain duty of a community member to actually put some effort into the community and to uphold democratic spirit and quality. Stil, it gets frustrating.

I'm thus starting a discussion thread on GM elections, with hopefully a reform poll, given that I can as a member of the community, as a GM and it is in my interest to get this fixed, as a member of this community and the person doing these elections. Feel free to discuss.

My suggestion is to have the term length be long, but allow GMs to be subject to recall earlier if enough people think it is appropriate. Give them 4-6 month terms, but if, say, 10% of the community says "hey we want an election earlier than that" after 2-3 months, then you can go ahead and redo it. It gives the same change in power and election cycle but it also is adaptable to the needs of the community.

• 2 weeks later...

Eva for Cnrp1 GM dictator 4lyfe... 

Should put this up for vote...

What if we made the terms longer? A lot less elections that way.

And we'll have the same issue every two/three/whatever term length months. The issue is not the frequency, it is voter turnout and ties.

My suggestion is to have the term length be long, but allow GMs to be subject to recall earlier if enough people think it is appropriate. Give them 4-6 month terms, but if, say, 10% of the community says "hey we want an election earlier than that" after 2-3 months, then you can go ahead and redo it. It gives the same change in power and election cycle but it also is adaptable to the needs of the community.

This makes sense. Too bad noone but me felt the need to respond.

Edit: And you aren't even in the RP!

I'd say, 3 month terms, with reelection if 25% of the people want elections. That way, it's 4 people at least currently. 10% could be broken the moment two people think we need elections.

Any further debate?

Edited by Evangeline Anovilis