ODN-DBDC

OsRavan

The butthurt is quite strong with you isn't it? DBDC has at every moment been on the verge of strangulation, yet no one has completed the murder. Your view on CN politics is antiquated at best, and downright ignorant at worst. Certainly if you can read,as you indicate, you would have seen the innumerable calls for action against us, only to have fallen on deaf, unwilling ears.
Maybe a year ago these trivial potshots against DBDCs legitimacy and playstyle would have held some weight and made people rally to your ridiculous viewpoint, but now, as Pingu alluded, you just sound cranky and uninformed.
Take your own advice regarding retirement.

While I have never been fond of alliances that just wage war for fun, or simply profiteering, or simply because they can, I have to give credit to DBDC for taking things to a higher level. Morality is simply a choice, some may see things on a different wavelength than others. While some may think that doing the right thing means never doing wrongs, they are sorely mistaken. [ooc] We all know that killing is very wrong, yet soldiers kill hundreds of thousands every year in combat. Whether or not they should go to "hell" is a decision for whatever God they believe in (assuming they are not atheists) [/ooc]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a post about why nobody is doing anything at this point, and I will reiterate it here. Basically, the game's major players don't care, because DBDC thrives on taking shots at people who are on the overall fringes of the spheres of influence in the world. You refuse to come out openly and declare war on major players and even those you do attack, you often times do so by proxy. Utilizing satellite alliances amiable to your brigandry, you take careful measures to avoid getting involved with much larger alliances if you can help it. Sure, that's slipped up a couple of times, noting your references to near strangulation. But the point remains the same: you are cowards, unwilling to back up your talk with action in terms of strength and resilience. I'm still waiting for those nukes promised me.

Please explain to me why they would nuke you given that DBDC clearly doesn't care, given your complete lack of political traction insofar as rallying some grand crusade against the doomsphere.

The onus of 'doing something about it' remains firmly in your own end of the court. Why accuse others of cowardice when you quite clearly aren't leading by example?

Unfortunately, that's not really a good reason. You're saying that because it has always been so, it's been okay. Unfortunately for your geriatric sideshow, that's not only false, but also hilarious. I have eyes, I can read. I know that alliances stood on principle, and made treaties based on strategic and wise purposes. That alliances like DBDC would have been strangled in their infancy before things got out of hand. I read that the ODN once fought one of the first wars in this game, for principle. Now you claim that morality has always been in short supply, forsaking the sacrifices and efforts of those that came before you.

Your alliance fought last war for a coalition that trumpeted a moralist objective (removing the NSO threat) just to forget about it around 3rd day of fighting and proceed to turn the conflict into something different entirely (rolling NPO).

Pots, kettles, etc.

You do realize "because we can" is the slogan that ecompassed the entirety of NPO's existence until Karma right?

The old NPO did make some mistakes, I will admit to that. While I was only in the NPO for a couple of months prior to Karma I was watching many alliances, including the NPO. Several times I watched and listened to complaints of a lack of a Casus Beli from all sides of several conflicts. The largest problem I had with everything was the two faced attitude and the harboring of bitter resentment, yet cowardly preaching praise in public. I know this does not in any way apply to you or your alliance, just thought I would clear the air on my out take. Sure everyone does make mistakes, albeit knowingly and unknowingly but there are far worse places I could call home.

I made a post about why nobody is doing anything at this point, and I will reiterate it here. Basically, the game's major players don't care, because DBDC thrives on taking shots at people who are on the overall fringes of the spheres of influence in the world. You refuse to come out openly and declare war on major players and even those you do attack, you often times do so by proxy. Utilizing satellite alliances amiable to your brigandry, you take careful measures to avoid getting involved with much larger alliances if you can help it. Sure, that's slipped up a couple of times, noting your references to near strangulation. But the point remains the same: you are cowards, unwilling to back up your talk with action in terms of strength and resilience. I'm still waiting for those nukes promised me.

So turns out NpO isn't a major player

Your alliance fought last war for a coalition that trumpeted a moralist objective (removing the NSO threat) just to forget about it around 3rd day of fighting and proceed to turn the conflict into something different entirely (rolling NPO).

Pots, kettles, etc.

Disorder War was not a moralist war.

Literally dozens of alliances raid nations.  The only time people get angry about it is when it's the top tier.  You want to have a moral point?  Then stand up and shout when any other raiding alliances attacks someone instead of just when it's at the top.

Literally dozens of alliances raid nations.  The only time people get angry about it is when it's the top tier.  You want to have a moral point?  Then stand up and shout when any other raiding alliances attacks someone instead of just when it's at the top.

I think the objection tends to be over the fact that raids take place against sovereign, civilized alliances.

I think the objection tends to be over the fact that raids take place against sovereign, civilized alliances.

So you'd justify the raiding of hundreds of small nations a year, while abhorring the raiding of a few dozen large nations a year?

Just admit it, the psuedo-moralist argument against DBDC is bad, and anyone still clinging to it should feel bad.

I like ODN and enjoy talking with DBDC, congratulations to both of you!

What I really like it the fact that over the past few months DBDC have shown a consistent trend of moving from a bunch of crazy big guys to a traditional alliance who are solidly tied into and committed to the web.

While doing this they have still held true to their word and when raids have gone wrong have not tried to expand it.

[quote]name="conistonslim" post="3312249" timestamp="1411345086"]
ODN is our ally... DBDC bent Val over... Hal cried about it for months... I love both these alliances, congrats![/quote]

A few months!? Oh my, how ever did you manage with all that butthurt? :p Edited by Williambonney

Please explain to me why they would nuke you given that DBDC clearly doesn't care, given your complete lack of political traction insofar as rallying some grand crusade against the doomsphere.

The onus of 'doing something about it' remains firmly in your own end of the court. Why accuse others of cowardice when you quite clearly aren't leading by example?

Probably for the same reason they nuked me and two other nations in LSF for voting for a pink senator they didn't like? They've done more for a lot less. Like I said: cowardice, and a complete lack of morals. I'm still waiting for the other, three or so nukes I was promised out of my five.

I do. I am firmly against raiding on any level. I'm not a veteran player, so my history stems only from my own recent experiences. That is comprised solely of DBDC and others.

I like ODN and enjoy talking with DBDC, congratulations to both of you!

What I really like it the fact that over the past few months DBDC have shown a consistent trend of moving from a bunch of crazy big guys to a traditional alliance who are solidly tied into and committed to the web.

While doing this they have still held true to their word and when raids have gone wrong have not tried to expand it.

They had to evolve as continuing down that road was unsustainable. I'm pretty sure if it suits their agenda DBDC will have no problem expanding their raids.

They had to evolve as continuing down that road was unsustainable. I'm pretty sure if it suits their agenda DBDC will have no problem expanding their raids.

I think you want to have that perception of DBDC just to paint them as a boogeyman. If you speak to them you will find they are very reasonable. Many have solved their issues diplomatically.