A moment of reflection

YOLO SWAG

People have fought through longer and more trying wars pretty much with each successive war cycle.  \m/ and Gen[m]ay disbanded because they were weak and had internal struggles.  Stop blaming the attacker for "forcing" the defending alliance to disband.  If you were a strong alliance, you would have stuck through it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, there are some simple facts:

\m/ was in disarray.

The taint on the UjP AAs was nearly-insurmountable.

NpO had the ability to never give them peace, and has never been so weak since that it could not have in actuality never given \m/ peace if it never wanted to.

\m/ was on the brink, Polaris' bombastic position on peace was believable enough.  Would \m/ have survived anyway? No.  Would they have disbanded at that particular moment in absence of Polaris' position on peace? No.  History is not so simple as cause-and-effect, a confluence of things caused \m/'s disbandment, some particular things caused it at a particular moment.  The people who bitch most about it 7 years later are also mostly the same people who allied themselves to MK's rebranding of the same tactics as "Creative Annihilation."  Move beyond it.

• 4 weeks later...

\m/ was my first alliance and it was a lot of fun up until that last week or so. I can understand why some don't look back at \m/ fondly, but it's different for me.

Note: hakai wasn't in \m/ 2.0, he was in RAD ... which was a \m/ cell protected by Ragnarok. :smug:

Note 2.0: El Bruc was awesome.

\m/ was my first alliance and it was a lot of fun up until that last week or so. I can understand why some don't look back at \m/ fondly, but it's different for me.

Note: hakai wasn't in \m/ 2.0, he was in RAD ... which was a \m/ cell protected by Ragnarok. :smug:

Note 2.0: El Bruc was awesome.

Welcome back you magnificent individual

• 3 weeks later...

\m/ was a fun alliance to be in. I joined just before GW2 and I quit CN a couple of months before the UJW started (and a month before some of the drama leading up to it), so I never really developed an opinion on the latter bit of history. I was always pro-NPO, and I joined >_< from the NPO just to raid and have fun while still being in the same political alignment. It's sad that it was disbanded or made to disband or whatever, but that's life sometimes. I guess my feelings about this would have been different if I had been around for all the drama.

I don't agree with the idea that we just rode other people's coattails while bragging about our ability to fight. We contributed to a victorious coalition twice, but that's hardly illegal, and I recall we did our part. We also contributed to the beatdowns of VE/CIS/NTO and FAN, which were of course one-sided, but apparently we had no qualms with helping out with curbstomping our former allies for the NPO, GGA, etc. regardless of what happened later. Of course, I was just a regular member and not involved in the workings of higher government, so I don't know to what extent the later conflict was already being shaped at that time.