A moment of reflection

YOLO SWAG

Amongst those listed by Tywin and Starfox you can also include CIS by NPO/(VE?), NoV by TPF, OE by VE and I am sure there are others. Again, I don't believe one bit that any alliance was ever truly forced to disband. If the leadership decided to disband the alliance instead of continuing to war, then that is solely upon the leadership of the alliance disbanding. There were always choices to be had, and disbanding is one of them but was/is/never will be, the sole choice.

Wasn't OE a VE colony?

Also, VE(1) by GGA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mflag.jpg
250px-Blackbunchies.jpg

Today marks the 7 year anniversary of the disbandment of two infamous alliances in Planet Bob's history. They were taken from us before their time, and as a result it can be argued that our cyberverse is worse off for it. Albeit, due to the polarizing nature of the alliances, the opposite can also be argued. Regardless of your opinion, these two alliances were places that nation rulers called home and for that reason alone they deserve to be re\m/e[m]bered.

I would like to now invite the community to share their experiences with \m/ or Gen[m]ay, positive or negative. And also to raise awareness that there was a time when alliances were forced to disband because of inflated egos and petty grudges. Behavior like that especially with the dwindling number of nations today, cannot be tolerated.

Oh great.

Another player found the UjP page on the CN wiki and thought the flag, name, symbols, etc were cool. Please let these two people rest in peace. Gay[M]en didn't do anything but provoke Polar and then reform into Umbrella. They would of raided your boards with lulz and then probably raided you for lulz.  Please stop bringing these two up just because they did something different and you want to look like you know something about them via reading their wikipage. Jfc.

Finally, You weren't around for UjW and know nothing about what went on. It wasn't about grudges, it wasn't about anything other than General Mayham hitting BOTS for the lulz and getting their asses handed to them. It was like a failed PB raid. (Not idea if you even know who they are or were around for them either, Look them up since I see you found the CNWiki) Seriously please stop talking about something you know nothing about and posting about our M&Ms. You're not related to them and should probably delete your nation. PACELIKETHESALSA would agree. Actually you can still ask him on their original boards if you're genuinely interested and not just trying to leech off their fame and OG status here.

\m/ was the best alliance CN ever had, may it rest in peace.

Oh Genmay was tight as well.

No. You were in \m/ for about a month, then went to \m/ 2 shortly after, which is explained below. You really know nothing.

\m/ 1st and 2nd, good times were had. Never forget.

\m/ 2 was made out of GOONS members mostly with about 4 \m/embers including Starfox iirc. Nothing like the original and the culture was nothing like the original. The Concubine was a joke lead by an ex-GOONs 1.0.

Edited by Yonsae

Hahaha. Rotavele telling people they're noobs. It's as amusing as re-reading the AcTi conflicts.

Whoa now, I seem to recall all the logs I have from the AcTi conflicts being far more entertaining, especially when you consider I still bring up how great those times were to this day.

No. You were in \m/ for about a month, then went to \m/ 2 shortly after, which is explained below. You really know nothing.

[url=http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=46185]I assume you're just trying to be antagonistic, but in case you actually think this, here you go.[/url] Since Jason8 was promoted to VP in that thread, I took his place as MoIA and stayed in IA for about a year until I was too busy to continue. Technically I was a founder, in the Tywin sense of the word.

I also wasn't in \m/ 2.

I assume you're just trying to offend people, but just wanted to make sure you know you're full of crap.

Not a huge surprise, considering that's what happened.

So \m/ was some pathetic, weak-willed, sissy, bitch-ass alliance? Got it. Finally y'all admit that shit. Was getting frustrating that 7 years later and y'all still think \m/ was some great alliance instead of some mediocre shitty alliance... 

Anyone remember El Bruc? If you want a soul tug for the \m/ that's the one, for me. Miss him.

El Bruc is remembered in the GPA, but mostly for his GPA time. AFAIK he left in a silly way and (no wonder: he was a very intelligent person) he never looked back. I still miss his long, clever and funny posts, anyway.

I think the point of forced disbandment is that the alliance leaders didn't want to see their members' nations in complete rubble months and months later with no signs of peace.  There was no way of knowing if the alliance trying to disband yours was going to budge or not.  So to some degree no one can force anyone to disband, but it was a different time in a world that was much less developed, loyalty-wise and community-wise.  And it was done out of respect for the members of your own alliance so they could get peace.

It would be interesting to see a complete list of all the forced disbandments in CN history.  I can only remember 3 - \m/ by NpO, Genmay by NpO, and CIN by NpO (iirc).

People today tend to forget that in early times most nations had little to no treasury, once you were out of the top 5% there were no more nukes for you, and being at the wrong end of a beatdown meant that several hundreds/thousands of nations could keep your alliance staggered at doing nothing else than watching your piles of ashes emit smoke. For months on end. That even just an alliance managed to conduct guerrilla-like warfare on any meaningful scale in such a situation, and for a long time, was little short of a miracle, IMHO (I am talking of VietFAN, of course).

Now I don't side with either party over any "forced disbandment yes/no" dispute, but I wanted to take advantage of Steve's comment (thanks Steve, BTW) to try put things a bit more in perspective. Ancient situations can't be judged with the same metric we'd apply today.

So \m/ was some pathetic, weak-willed, sissy, !@#$%*-ass alliance? Got it. Finally y'all admit that !@#$. Was getting frustrating that 7 years later and y'all still think \m/ was some great alliance instead of some mediocre !@#$%* alliance... 

Lol.

Most people only remember the dysfunctional final month of the alliance's existence, and forget the year of hard work and badassery leading up to it. I'm guessing we must have really offended you if you're this worked up over it haha

Lol.

Most people only remember the dysfunctional final month of the alliance's existence, and forget the year of hard work and badassery leading up to it. I'm guessing we must have really offended you if you're this worked up over it haha

No not really. The only time I am offended is once a year when y'all bring this shit up and try to claim you got forced to disband instead of the fact that your final month, you guys were completely dysfunctional with like half your gov getting deleted or fleeing and that y'all could not handle an actual war where you were outnumbered. 

I mean, yeah, that is bout it. If y'all did your little memorial thing and stated the truth; then I would not be offended. But c'est la vie.

Was not around for \m/ the first, did spend some time on the \m/oon and later in \m/ the second. Also spent a whole lot of time in an alliance that formed on 21st of September. Good days.

Regardless of how the rest of you guys view these alliances, i know, the guys i was with in these alliances know, it was some of the most fun times we had out here. That, overall is the legacy that keeps people like us remembering them so fondly.

Edited by Helbrecht

I assume you're just trying to be antagonistic, but in case you actually think this, here you go. Since Jason8 was promoted to VP in that thread, I took his place as MoIA and stayed in IA for about a year until I was too busy to continue. Technically I was a founder, in the Tywin sense of the word.

Great flashback there. I had forgotten about that guy Lyon. That dude was weird

Haha...I remember recruiting Hakai personally when >_< had about 10 members. I'm not entirely sure, but he may have even joined before we became >_<, even. Move along now.

And you were around for it, eh?

I'm not sure why, but your failure to even remotely legitimize your own existence cracks me up.

Carry on.

Nation Slogan:

Older Player, Newer Nation. Same Name. 

Your failure to literate. If you're going to stalk the queen, stalk correctly. That is all.

Lol.

This is not a GGA thread.

No not really. The only time I am offended is once a year when y'all bring this !@#$ up and try to claim you got forced to disband instead of the fact that your final month, you guys were completely dysfunctional with like half your gov getting deleted or fleeing and that y'all could not handle an actual war where you were outnumbered. 

I mean, yeah, that is bout it. If y'all did your little memorial thing and stated the truth; then I would not be offended. But c'est la vie.

Once?

Edited by Yonsae

Ahhh, now this is a thread... Rota's here, people bashing an alliance that disbanded 7 years ago, and the arbitrary NPO and NpO (among others) hatred carrying over.

Regardless, these were good times. Miss both of these alliances.