Brotherhood and Unity

Rudolph

Private

"How long has it been since the fall of the second Yugoslavia?" asked Dragojev as he gazed deeply into his drink, lost in the motions of the contents as his council kept silent, not really knowing the answer the question as their Sovereign frowned.

"Exactly, the silence tells enough," he bemoaned, shaking his head before taking a sip of his lukewarm tea, the drink bitter going down. "No one really knows how long it has been since that incarnation fell and the former Athenian Federation took reigns of the area," he added before taking another pull of his drink.

"But we are resilient, at the very least, so the exact date is of no consequence now. If we are to remain resilient, we need to tie the three main religions of our great country to the state and ensure their loyalty to the Kingdom alone," the Kralj stated as he placed his cup of tea to the side, gazing upon each single member of his current council.

"Bring me the President of the Croatian Bishop's Conference, the current head of the Islamic Community of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the current Autocephalous Patriarch of Yugoslavia."

[hr]

Public

PdVG5CV.png
The Kingdom of Yugoslavia to expand! The Kralj professes revival of Brotherhood and Unity within the Kingdom!
Issue 10.Y1 March 18, 20XX

The Kralj announced today that the former Brotherhood and Unity Highway will be expanded to tie in the remaining cities that compromise the great Kingdom. The cities of Sarajevo, Podgorica and Tirana were announced to be included in the Kingdom's primary highway. The inclusion of Tirana was a revelation to many of the intentions of the Kingdom's Sovereign and when asked upon the inclusion, he happily replied with the following: "The Albanian people have been many a brother and sister to the South Slavs and while we may have been at odds with each other throughout history, we stand on the precipice of a Greater Kingdom by formally including the Albanians into the fold. Yes, they may not be South Slavs but for all intents and purposes, they are our brothers and sisters in this land that we all call home."

During the conference, he announced that the intent was merely to further protect and shield the Kingdom's non-Slavic brothers and sisters. The number of Albanians currently living in the kingdom outside of former Albania almost rivaling the Albanian lands, from what this illustrious paper was able to find and corroborate.

(OOC: 1 of 7)

Edited by Rudolph

Private

"Good evening, Gentlemen. I imagine that your trip was well?" asked Dragojev as his gaze wandered between the three religious men now present in his Council room, the rest of his council silent as the trio took their seats.

The head of the Islamic Community of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Husein Kavazović, smiled graciously and nodded, "The trip was excellent and I thank you for the invitation, my Kralj."

The President of the Croatian Bishop's Conference, Marin Srakić, nodded in turn, "I and my congregation thank you for the invitation, my Kralj."

The Patriarch of the Yugoslav Orthodox Church, Miroslav Gavrilović otherwise known as Patriarch Irinej, smiled widely at the Yugoslavian Sovereign, "It pleases me greatly to have been invited on this momentous occasion, my Kralj."

"It feels me with pride to have you all three here today," started Dragojev as he smiled politely at the three holy men, "but let's get down to business, shall we? We have a lot to discuss."

[hr]
Public

PdVG5CV.png
The Kingdom of Yugoslavia to become culturally diverse! Plans being made for each region within the Kingdom!
Issue 10.Y2 April 20, 20XX

The Kralj announced today to the relief of several groups that each region within the Kingdom would have its local culture and language respected, in addition of having minority languages in each region be represented on signs. The Kralj also announced the entry of a volunteer force into Albania to bring up the infrastructure that the previous government was in progress of updating, the volunteer force would also ensure that the infrastructure of the region of Albania would work as intended before moving on to work alongside the construction force fast at work in connecting Tirana to the Brotherhood and Unity Highway.

(OOC: 2 of 7)

Private

"Now that we're all acquainted, I feel the need to ask this question. Where do our loyalties lie?" asked Dragojev as he paced behind his chair, all eyes on the Sovereign. "That's the key question right now. One that I do not have an answer for from a select few," he replied with before standing directly behind his empty chair.

"I know first of all how hard it is to answer a question regarding one's loyalties. I am Kralj, after all," he joked good naturedly to ease the slight tension that he felt in the room.

"However, given the past and the current disorganization of the Roman Catholic Church and relatively non-structured religion of Sunni Islam, I still have to wonder where the loyalties lie. Within one's religion or to the country they belong and were born in?" he asked as he glanced at the Roman Catholic Archbishop and Acting President of the Sunni Islamic communities in Yugoslavia.

"To that end, I propose the following..."

[hr]
Public

PdVG5CV.png
Conservative concerns within Albania!
Issue 10.Y3 April 20, 20XX

News coming in from the former capital of Tirana that a reactionary group of Albanians sought to impede or prevent the integration of Albania into the kingdom, citing cultural and economic concerns. In response, the Kralj announced that Albania and any regions in dire need would receive needed pumps of funds and manpower to improve the economical situation in any region that needed or requested it. This, he was reported to state, would ensure that all regions would be relatively equal economically, thus leading to all regions enjoying the benefits of an improved economy and prevent emigration from the Kingdom due to financial concerns.

(OOC: 3 of 7)