RFC: Duels

Sigrun Vapneir

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, I'm betting that Ben would just demote jerdge to affiliate for a few weeks :P

If I started an unauthorized war Ben would expel me. Heck, he'd expel much better members than myself. Any Cabinet member has the right and duty to expel any member that commits gross violations, and most if not all of them would do it without a second thought, with any confirmed offender.
No one in the GPA is above the law, and our government is extremely good at its job, thus there's no way that any real/perceived "prestige" put anyone above our rules.

All of this is anyway silly fantasizing, as I would never willingly break any GPA Law.

I remember affiliate,  better to be kicked entirely than that.

Where is Sal Paradise when you really need him?

Eh, I too miss Sal. His Nuclear Proliferation stuff was brilliant and I enjoyed every minute of it.

For most AA hopping is a pretty exploitable loophole in the rules that prevent fun.

GPAers, if I am not out of date, are only allowed to do it once in a lifetime, however. Harsh.

Re-admission of former members requires Cabinet approval with an increasing quorum, but it's always possible. AFAIK there was an hard limit on the number of readmissions, but it got abolished several years ago (2009 or earlier?)

Anything that gives individual nations more options to do things as indivudads is a plus in my opinion. Duels would fit in that category.

In terms of "rules" - as far as I'm concerned that would be between the members involved and their alliances. If they want to go full nukes, etc. and their alliance leaders are okay with that then go for it.

I seem to recall if XP is disabled you can do what you want in war regarding duels.

Purposely doing minimal damages as suggested here with XP turned on could look fishy.

It would also result in less xp than doing full attacks, but yes, if that is a concern there is an option to disable it entirely.

Then let it be known that the manner it is on is reminiscent of the Kong family reunion. That is right it's on like Donkey KongDonkey Kong JuniorDiddy Kong, Cranky KongFunky KongCandy Kong, Dixie KongWrinkly KongTiny KongChunky KongKiddy KongLanky KongSwanky KongBluster KongDread KongKarate KongKong FuNinja Kong, and yes even Sumo Kong!

Then let it be known that the manner it is on is reminiscent of the Kong family reunion. That is right it's on like Donkey KongDonkey Kong JuniorDiddy Kong, Cranky KongFunky KongCandy Kong, Dixie KongWrinkly KongTiny KongChunky KongKiddy KongLanky KongSwanky KongBluster KongDread KongKarate KongKong FuNinja Kong, and yes even Sumo Kong!

Seems like essentially a conclusive list. Awesome!

P/ Daeg the valiant!

His spies had a very good day today, and his navy made the most of the openings they created. The CA Navy fought bravely but lost ground.

The CA Army did better however, decisively defeating every attack launched against our homeland and liberating millions in abandoned military equipment as the attackers were sent fleeing homewards. This despite being severely disrupted by the initial spy attack.

Fun! :)

It was indeed a very close one. Sorry I got distracted by affairs of state and completely forgot to do my last round of attacks :( Hopefully I will be able to do another fairly soon. Well fought and thanks for the fun!