Chris_Kaos or Kevlar, do you know us?

Chris Kaos

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I've even heard of Chris Kaos is because I know Walford and he mentioned the name during one of the ancient history discussions we had.

So I voted neither. But if you want to give one point to Chris compliments of Walford then okay.

Edited by White Chocolate

everybody's always going on about how long they've been doing cyber nations

"Always"... that's so inaccurate.

I've been here since mid 2007 and back then it was absolutely unusual to find anyone mentioning how long they have been in CN, it's not real at all that everybody's ALWAYS going on about how long they have been here.

I voted for Chris, but my true desire would be not to know him and I would prefer to know Kevlar and have never heard of Chris.

"Always"... that's so inaccurate.

I've been here since mid 2007 and back then it was absolutely unusual to find anyone mentioning how long they have been in CN, it's not real at all that everybody's ALWAYS going on about how long they have been here.

I voted for Chris, but my true desire would be not to know him and I would prefer to know Kevlar and have never heard of Chris.

yeah everybody's always going on about how long they've been here

I clicked both because I've seen both your names around, but in terms of knowing anything about either of you?  I know about Kaos and the NPO wars, but I can't say anything definite that Kevlar has done.

I clicked only for Chris... and I think that "Kevlar", whom I don't really know, really needs to change a lot and get by far more focused on being famous.
He's not as known as he could be and fame is escaping from him.

I still hate both of you for not putting forth more effort in convincing airme to go nuclear in GW2, and possibly still hate Chris for the CB for GW3.(if I'm remembering my ancient history right?)

GATO-1V not GW3.

And I didn't want to go nuclear. No one did. Nukes weren't fun in those days. They did the same damage then as they do now basically. Except no one had 50k NS. I had like 25k and I was top 100 at the time.

GATO-1V not GW3.

And I didn't want to go nuclear. No one did. Nukes weren't fun in those days. They did the same damage then as they do now basically. Except no one had 50k NS. I had like 25k and I was top 100 at the time.

my first nuke was at 5500 ns for being in the top 5%, I recall exactly how nukes worked back then, but our nuclear advantage would have won that war since nobody had a warchest either.

GATO-1V not GW3.

Nukes were actually (probably) more damaging back then than they are today. Nations were a lot smaller then. I had maybe 2k infra around the time of GWII and GWIII, and I was considered to have a fairly large nation. The few people who had 4k infra or more were considered enormous. Also, war chests did not exist in those days. When the NPO went to war with FAN the first time, it was required that nations keep $5 mil on hand. That was considered sufficient. It was actually a recent requirement, as keeping money was previously discouraged for anyone who wasn't a bank (the less money on hand, the less that can be lost to enemies in wartime). So, with no big nations and very little money on hand, rebuilding from a nuke (or several) was a lot harder than it is today. In November of 2006 I was attacked by a nuclear rogue along with five other NPO members (remember when we had six offensive war slots?). That was an international incident worthy of attention. A different era entirely. Anyway, my point is, the League had the advantage in terms of nukes (especially if ODN or Legion came in). As much damage as everyone would certainly have taken, the League would have come out ahead.

So, in other words, yes, I know who Chris Kaos is. I also know who Kevlar is. Both of you used to be important GATO fellows back durng the Great War era, and for awhile after. I used to be relevant too. Now look at us.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

I still hate both of you for not putting forth more effort in convincing airme to go nuclear in GW2, and possibly still hate Chris for the CB for GW3.(if I'm remembering my ancient history right?)

I wasn't even in an alliance for GW2. Learn the Kevlar lore

Kevlar has been escaping humanity for centuries, known only as a myth.

This is perhaps my greatest achievement