Anniversary

Hime Themis

Gentle Persons

OBR_Flag-1.jpg

8 Septembers ago our Aliance was founded on Principles of Peace, strength and creativity.

To celebrate

We are offering a bounty for those who choose to use their time to create.

We are in the mood to celebrate with good poetry or prose.

Now there will be no committee but I will accept advice. I shall be looking for what appeals to ME. You may ask three yes or no questions to determine my likes and wants.Polite inquiries will be responded to either as posted or in Pm.
 There will be at least one winner and a bounty of 1200 tech for the winner.All submission should be in by September 30th.
Long is not a deterent, short is not a concern.Do however have some respect for others and limit the prose to less than a complete wall of text . Moderation and quality will be the key. All submission may be posted on this thread or by PM to me or by visiting and posting on the thread in our forums.
5 Submissions max per person

Please tell all so they may know.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
Edited by Hime Themis

Happy anniversary (and thanks for not calling it a "birthday").

Pools of urine and bloody vomit seeped out around the boy's nude body, mingling with the milk that glug-glugged from groceries dropped in shock.  Anne Loomis gazed upon him, blood drained from her face, mouth agape. In the coming days, it was to occur to her that on that last day of his life, he looked very much like he had on the first day sixteen years prior: face twisted in agony, fist clenched in indignant anger, his fine blonde hair matted and wet.

One eye, his right, glared furiously toward the ceiling, casting blame and hatred toward something much farther off. That something had, it seemed to him, brought him to his death, even if by inaction rather than plotting, and he conveyed his desperate, hate-filled condemnation in his eyes--the only means of communication left to the dead.

Edited by Schattenmann

In a moment of revelation it had become clear to him, like a fog suddenly receding from the truth. The conflict had never been one between light and darkness. The dark, like the light, offers many gifts: concealment, comforting illusion, and the light itself. How can the dark be hated when it is so kind? How can the dark be hated when it is merely the absence of light?

The true Enemy was Chaos. Was it not Chaos which had hid all this time behind the facade of light, manipulating the Deceived, misdirecting their anger? It was not darkness which lead to the decay and degeneration of civilization; and if the light was manipulated, splintered into its composite wavelengths, could it not weave a tale of evil? It was not darkness which had brought him to this.

The artillery salvos were coming closer, the sense of collective panic was increasing. He had come so close to final victory, and at the last moment it eluded him. His enemies were cruel and knew no mercy.

"I will not be contained. I cannot be redeemed. Death is all that remains, and you will not kill me."

He knew that these next few moments would define his reign for centuries to come. He cast his cloak upon his head and drew forth a small pyramid in his palm inscribed with ancient hieroglyphs. It was an heirloom passed down from Emperor to Emperor, but never before had it been accessed. His Empire was dying, and it was his right to call upon it.

And in an instant, everything was gone, the artillery, the soldiers, the wailing of children, his own beating heart. Everything was gone, except for his Will.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Life is a false beginning to a everlasting after life. To be truthful is a honest mans lie. To liar life is full of deciet. Most people live their life living in fear of loosing what is theira. But what is their they cannot keep. Possestions are only ones need to forget what they really are and who they are. Life can be a giver or a taker and for that we should all be greatful. .
hear thy call and be aware of our great life giver

1. Do you prefer poetry that meets a particular formal form over free verse?

2. Does the work have to have something to do with Planet Bob?

3. Do you prefer emotional poetry (yes) over intellectual poetry (no)?

Good White Chocolate

1. Honestly, I like formal style BUT frankly the words and the meaning are more important to me than forcing form.

2. Digiterra may be used, but is not necessary creativity finds inspiration in all realms.

3. That which appeals to the heart and mind is the best. :) Touch the soul and you have reached the zenith.

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

Ode to The black rose

TDO burned

you did nothing

TDO burned some more

you did nothing

Mushqueda blades ran with blood

you did nothing

stand for something

or die for nothing

you are nothing

Ode to Tidy Bowl Man

You raid, but offer nothing

You war but build nothing

You post, but say nothing

You are 1700 days old but accomplished nothing

We see your nothing

We feel your nothing

We know your nothing

You will win from us nothing. :)

Dame Hime Themis

Ode to Tidy Bowl Man

We see your nothing

We feel your nothing

We know your nothing

Dame Hime Themis

Well I was expecting at least 2nd place, come on now, don't be so harsh. 

This is just a poem entry, this isn't aimed at Hime of Dull or the alliance.

Roses are red

Violets are blue

This poem sucks

Much like you

Aww Commander Shepard

You really do care.

Blood is Red

You make me blue

When I think of dull

I think of you. :)

Dame Hime Themis

Life is a false beginning to a everlasting after life. To be truthful is a honest mans lie. To liar life is full of deciet. Most people live their life living in fear of loosing what is theira. But what is their they cannot keep. Possestions are only ones need to forget what they really are and who they are. Life can be a giver or a taker and for that we should all be greatful. .
hear thy call and be aware of our great life giver

Looks like we have a winner! Enjoy the 120,000 tech.

Ode to Tidy Bowl Man

We see your nothing
We feel your nothing
We know your nothing

Dame Hime Themis

Good Tidy Bowl Man

Second, I will consider for you. Your post definitely reminded me of number two. :awesome:

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

Aww Commander Shepard

You really do care.

Blood is Red
You make me blue
When I think of dull
I think of you. :)

Dame Hime Themis

Shots fired.