The former Imperium of Japan had risen like a Phoenix from the ashes of the nuclear war, where once there was only Japan and the Five Tiger, now stood the Greater East Asian Imperial Co-Prosperity Sphere. the largest nation by population in the world, and along with it one of the largest industrial bases. Macau was centrally located within the Sphere and Her Imperial Majesty had realized the importance of the re branding of the nation, it gave them a chance to work with those who had previously spurned her diplomatic overtures, and give those she did not interact with a chance to see the spectacular nation she had built. She would sent out invitations to the leadership of every nation in the world, inviting them to spend a week in Macau to celebrate the second rebirth of her nation.

[spoiler]Futuristic-Artwork-Pyramids.jpeg[/spoiler]

OOC: CNRP2 Party Thread, come hang out and shoot the !@#$ with one another, let's do some character RP. No major rules, but no character killing without consent, yadda yadda, have fun with it.

For reference to those who want all dat realism !@#$ RP is going to originate in The Venetian Macao.

DSC_0300-med.jpg

Edited by Mogar

After being launched to Macau in the Landfallian High Speed transport device (https://tse2-mm.cn.bing.net/th?id=HN.607996910717046395&pid=1.7), Head of the Distiller's Guild, and failed Novelist, Mr. Samuel Twain arrived. With him he carries a dozen cases of the finest Landfallian Death Juice aged 18 years. 

"YO LADIES, I'M HERE! LET'S PARTAY!" Tidyov yelled as he arrived, carrying several cases of hard vodka. Upon seeing Twain, Tidyov sauntered over to him and clapped his shoulder. "Sup man, you wanna some--oh, is that death juice? Hey, I just had a thought, you wanna hear it?"

Ninageokuluk was a hunter by trade, not a diplomat.

By now surely the homeland ought be finding a professional somewhere?

Of course given Bear Island's lackadaisical approach to governance perhaps not.

Getting a job representing her nation for a third outing was certainly less a surprise.

(Not like she'd made any impression while in Tianxia

Snow Haven was a far more better experience overall)

Less a surprise that Bear Islands' Nation of the Bear was attending neo-ish Japan's event.

Her emerging nation was finally getting out into the world.

More so because of the rapidly expanding financial and economic interest between their countries.

Feeling considerably more legitimate-ish now.

More legitimacy then how Minageokuluk, her meddling sister, got Ninageokuluk the position if nothing else.

(Probably involved flirting with a number of transitional officials)

Ninageokuluk still couldn't actually complain though.

Could even almost imagine herself a heroine of a swashbuckling fantasy.
Even as once again token representative of a questionably functional government.
Still it beats alternative of hunting seals for a living.

Maybe their was more to existence then living in freezing life and dying in freezing ice.

Macau was a vast improvement over a literal city of ice.

Near anything was an improvement over the freezing bitter north.

Hospitality of snow Haven left nothing to even slightly be desired.

Before working in this field she didn't image such an experience could actually exist.

With everything in this place so beautiful was enough to make her a little self conscious.

Bear Islands' representative was even shorter than average for often already small Nunavut.

Finding herself completely dwarfed by all of the local Macanese was extremely intimidating.

Compared with so many luxurious hair styles a single tangled quasi braid felt so inadequate.

Her silver trimmed dress non winter parka was elegant and formal enough. . .

. . . but Ninageokuluk questioned if she really filled it out. . .

Especially when today she found herself alone on this mission.

As usual being alone was getting incredibly uncomfortable.

If getting an improvised somewhat diplomatic posting wasn't enough. . .

Ninageokuluk was deprived of her golden haired companion.

Easy to miss the romantic and somewhat idealistic girl.

Nunavut amateur diplomat silently blamed her sister's meddling somehow.

Wondering just exactly what Paige Scolieri might be going right now.

Kid probably didn't survive that final war of apocalypse.

Yuan Jia survived the destruction he wrought on the word but Paige wasn't here?

Life wasn't fair.

Goodness that is depressing.

No amount of pageantry could replace good company.

Ninageokuluk attempted not being worried by the details too much.

She tried blocking any sense of lingering yet ongoing loneliness.

Could she really be that pathetic right now?

It was a lovely evening in Macau and this party had barely gotten started.

"Sir, a nickle for your thoughts it is," replies Mr. Twain who then pours out a large glass of Death Juice for Mr. Tidyov in lieu of the nickle as he didn't actually have one on him. 

"That's a hell of a nickle, my good sir, I like it!" Tidyov grinned as he downed the glass in one gulp. "Man, death juice packs quite a punch, makes one feel like on the verge of death. It's !@#$@#$ awesome! Oh yeah, I had a thought. We...could combine that death juice of yours with this vodka of mine. People'll be tripping all over this. I mean, it's !@#$@#$ vodka and death juice, what else can beat this? Think about it, man."

Edited by JEDCJT

Mr. Twain stood very still as if his mind was working furiously to process the novel idea that was just presented to him by Mr. Tidyov. 'Vodka and Death Juice?' he thought to himself. 'Could such a thing even be possible? Would the wild untamed spirit of Death Juice be civilized by the Vodka or would it be ripped out of its gentrified cradle and unleashed upon an unsuspecting consumer?' 

He made a temple of his fingers and pondered the full implications of such a venture. 'Yes, maybe it could work. Remember the time when we got hammered in the Engineering department and accidentally mixed the Death Juice with anti-freeze? Only two people went blind, what is the worst that can happen when mixing it with vodka?'

"Sir, I propose an experiment. We have here an eskimo, known for their drinking prowess. I propose we mix Death Juice with Vodka and if the eskimo doesn't go blind or her head doesn't explode, its a keeper. We'll create a joint venture and make a fortune," replied Mr. Twain as he excitedly vaulted the nearest bar, chased away the bartenders, and grabbed the nearest bottle of Russian vodka. On the way back over the bar he expertly deposits and 20 dollar bill into the tip jar while in mid air and soon has the first Death Vodka drink in hand. "Shall we sir?" he asks Tidyov as he motions to the Eskimo test subject.

Tidyov's grin grew as he watched Mr. Twain mull over his proposal, and then concoct the world's very Death Vodka. "We shall, sir!" Tidyov said with a shit-eating grin as he turned to the Eskimo. Uh-oh, the Eskimo looked pensive, like he wanted to run away like a scared caribou. This will not do. "C'mere, my friend. This won't kill you. At least, it shouldn't," Tidyov said cheerfully as he forcibly grabbed the Eskimo's chin, took the glass and poured it down his throat. "The time of reckoning is here," he said conversationally.

Kazuko was fashionably late to welcoming her guests, having trouble selecting in outfit, but deciding to go with a Marie Antoinette Dress, feeling ironic considering. She had watched the exchange between the three guests and decided to step in once she witnessed the Bear Islands delegate being force fed some sort of alcohol. "Gents, Welcome to Macau, the Emerald centerpiece of the East Asian Imperium. We have every game you could want to play, the slots are easy and the drinks are free, recreational drugs are legalized and some of the more... questionable activities can be found by talking to bate-ficha. Our only rules are try not to kill one another and enjoy yourselves. If you require anything feel free to ask and someone will assist you. For now though..." She trailed off, looking around for a waitress holding a large bottle of Sake. "Let us celebrate!" she shouted, taking a long swig from the bottle.

Edited by Mogar

Mr. Twain looks appalled at the bottle of sake. So much proper Death Juice to go around and the nice young thing wants to drink flavored water. "Ma'am I know sake has been around for a thousand years or so, but Death Juice here will burn out your arsehole like the force of a thousand blowtorches. You have to try it."

putting the bottle back down onto the Waitress's platter thing she was using to carry drinks, she shrugged, "When you put it that way...." she said playfully, grabbing a bottle of the stuff from him, taking a swig of this was far harsher than the Sake was. Shaking her head she started laughing, "Put me down for a few dozen cases of that."

"Now, try this," replied Mr. Twain as he mixed another glass of Death Vodka and offered it to her. He nudged Mr. Tidyov to inform him they have another test subject. With a furtive glance at the Eskimo is became apparent that either the poor thing was having an epileptic seizure whilst still standing or the Death Vodka was making quite the impression on her entire nervous system. 

He lifts a window several stories from the ground. Scaling was easy, breaking in was simple, but mingling, he hated it. He didn't even know why he agreed to this job, but where the rich flock (for their aristocratic frivolities) so too do their secret lives with them.

[i]If only this was a hit[/i] he muttered, dragging off one of the unconscious waiters into the corner of an unoccupied room. As he fitted the suit he looked at his transparent reflection and a feeling of despondency filled his heart. He picked up the tray, and shrugging the feeling, walked out of the room. Before he did, he tore a small seam in his coat. Running into another server he "distressingly" showed the tear, where he was redirected to a store closet with extra tuxes.

"The head host is going to boil you."

"Yeah I know," he said, trying to play on the fascade. The coats were all the same, save a black one towards the back. A classic Italian cut tux jacket, with a matching set of pants. The server had already left him alone, and without missing a beat, dressed himself within a minute into the new suit. Fitting the final cuff on his shirt, he sneaks out of the room, and rounding a corner freely steals a champagne glass from another server.

"That is not the way to the bathroom," he chides lowly as he sets the glass back onto the tray. Before the server can answer, he has already walked away towards the pretentious curs he had long hoped to avoid.

"Now, try this," replied Mr. Twain as he mixed another glass of Death Vodka and offered it to her. He nudged Mr. Tidyov to inform him they have another test subject. With a furtive glance at the Eskimo is became apparent that either the poor thing was having an epileptic seizure whilst still standing or the Death Vodka was making quite the impression on her entire nervous system. 

She knocked back the glass, shuddering slightly, "Strong stuff, this, what do you call it? Death Vodka? the name is catchy, you'll be able to market it easily. I think I will have to go back to the Sake though, I can't be passing out before everyone arrives after all!" pausing for a moment she threw them both a ¥10,000 chip, "You gave me a drink, let me give you some rounds on the house, consider it the Imperium's welcome to The Venetian Macao gift." She said cheerfully, "But this comes with me!" taking one of the bottles of Death Vodka, and continuing on to greet the other guests.

"You there!" Kazuko exclaimed, "We need food if we are going to keep drinking like this!" to her he was just another server, oblivious to his real motives.

She continued on, seeing a woman walking away from another who looked like she was about as comfortable as a father at a boy band concert. "You look... Central American I'd guess, You wouldn't happen to be from Tikal would you? I was expecting perhaps the Princess to make a visit but a citizen is certainly unusual... You want a drink or something? I'd love to have a chat with you for a few minutes, I don't often get the chance to interact with the general population, all that pesky isolationism after all."

Having spent years waiting for the stars to align, the old man was finally reading the communication he had been waiting for. Harold Hartwig Hartmann was his name. His gray beard was much, much older than the age it portrayed the man himself as.

"My life's work... centuries and centuries of laboring... plotting... stewing..."

He let out a long sigh and hung his head in his hands.

"Suffering," he thought to himself.

Mr. Hartmann knew what needed to be done, and that was what set him apart from the rest of the persons who would be attending the banquet in Macau. He could only hope that this time they would listen before it was too late, and put an end to the life's work which owned him the same way the evil he faced might hope to hold the hearts of his audience. Harold gathered his things and stuffed them in a pocket in his coat, before making his way to the airport and taking the flight to Macau, as the now-deleted email communication had instructed Mrs. Meissner to do. The Empress was sure to find him... an interesting substitute.

"You there!" Kazuko exclaimed, "We need food if we are going to keep drinking like this!" to her he was just another server, oblivious to his real motives.

The gentleman smiles as he smoothly steals a tray of hor dourves from a near by server. Dressed in a dark set tuxedo, rather than the common white garb of the surrounding servers, he glides effortlessly towards the empress, no doubt the woman he'd been looking for.

As he tipped the tray towards the center of the circle of dignitaries, he more so presented the food for the empress alone. When she had grabbed what she had wanted, ignored the rest of the group, and handed the tray back towards the angry server who had tailed him from their first encounter. He took a sample from the tray, and scurried the server away as though any subsequent inconvenience was his  fault.

"You must be the illustrious Hoshiko" he said taking her hand gently in his, trying not to throw off her balance as she gingerly tried placing the morsel in her mouth while not breaking eye contact with the fellow. "What an honor it is to finally gaze upon who many call, a fallen star from heaven's crown." He raised her hands to his lips, likewise never detracting his gaze from hers.

!@#$. People were actually talking to Alex. For some reason, that legitimately irritated and baffled her. Like, who even talks to people at a party? she groused silently, struggling to manage some pretence of a smile as she saw the Japanese empress approaching her. Then again, other than with Izel, Alex's interactions with other people were almost exclusively business-related, and she made a very deliberate effort to maintain a professional facade in those dealings. She was hardly a social butterfly. More of a... a social caterpillar. Or a social earthworm.
Her brow furrowed. Okay, now I'm just being an !@#$%^& to myself.

Instead of continuing on that line of thought, she opted to hear out the Empress's words, and offer up some semblance of a responce. "Oh, uh--" She cleared her throat, tried to dispense of any further useless syllables, and continued, "Not Central American, actually. Colombian. But from Tikal, yes." She shrugged her broad shoulders, and added, "I fear you may not find me particularly engaging company, though. I..." She trailed off, and almost couldn't help a wry smirk before finishing, "I don't do much of note back in Tikal, you see."

"I just took a shot in the dark since the majority of South America is ungoverned currently, glad to see I was at least close!" she said brightly, looking up at the Amazon, easily a foot taller than her, and yet it felt as though it was Kazuko that was the threatening one in this interaction. "No need for formal treatment tonight, my country has learned a lot from Tikal, especially in the fields of robotics and space, and I'm just enthralled by your country. I'm just interested in what you do, if you don't mind spending a few minutes discussing it. "

The gentleman smiles as he smoothly steals a tray of hor dourves from a near by server. Dressed in a dark set tuxedo, rather than the common white garb of the surrounding servers, he glides effortlessly towards the empress, no doubt the woman he'd been looking for.

As he tipped the tray towards the center of the circle of dignitaries, he more so presented the food for the empress alone. When she had grabbed what she had wanted, ignored the rest of the group, and handed the tray back towards the angry server who had tailed him from their first encounter. He took a sample from the tray, and scurried the server away as though any subsequent inconvenience was his  fault.

"You must be the illustrious Hoshiko" he said taking her hand gently in his, trying not to throw off her balance as she gingerly tried placing the morsel in her mouth while not breaking eye contact with the fellow. "What an honor it is to finally gaze upon who many call, a fallen star from heaven's crown." He raised her hands to his lips, likewise never detracting his gaze from hers.[/size]

Slightly surprised at the help talking to her directly, Kazuko was impressed with the swagger, her curiosity naturally piqued by the stranger actually providing some excitement, she finished eating before replying, "Thank you for fetching the dumplings, what a poetic title you give me, I may have to add that to the list of titles." She said with a smirk. "And who might you be Ueitaa-kun? Oh! before I forget..." She reached into the small coin purse she had attached to her waist, pulling out a ¥1,000 chip, offering it to him.

Slightly surprised at the help talking to her directly, Kazuko was impressed with the swagger, her curiosity naturally piqued by the stranger actually providing some excitement, she finished eating before replying, "Thank you for fetching the dumplings, what a poetic title you give me, I may have to add that to the list of titles." She said with a smirk. "And who might you be Ueitaa-kun? Oh! before I forget..." She reached into the small coin purse she had attached to her waist, pulling out a ¥1,000 chip, offering it to him.

He twirled the coin within his fingers before flipping it over his head. Somewhere in someone elses glass, a ¥1,000 chip has fallen.

"Services rendered, Empress, are rewards unto themselves. However," he pulls a single flower from within his coats sleeve. He brings the flower to his nose seductively, before handing it to the empress. As she takes it from him, he smiles, "I will not keep you from your guests, my lady." He bows, "in truth, you've graced me with more than what I am worth." He turns to the rest of the group, nods his head in dismissal and shoots one more intriguing glance at the empress before flashing his eyebrows subtly at her. An invitation perhaps, however to what depends on her level of curiosity.

He swims between crowds, stealing drinks where he can before disappearing onto the balcony. He looks down at his watch, and presses the dial inward. The rose in the empresses possession releases a small, unnoticeable cloud of pheromones towards her. With this illusive man within the forefront of her mind, the power of the gas begins to take hold.

"The game is afoot" he smiles timing her arrival. And drops the empty champagne glass off the balcony.

He twirled the coin within his fingers before flipping it over his head. Somewhere in someone elses glass, a ¥1,000 chip has fallen.

"Services rendered, Empress, are rewards unto themselves. However," he pulls a single flower from within his coats sleeve. He brings the flower to his nose seductively, before handing it to the empress. As she takes it from him, he smiles, "I will not keep you from your guests, my lady." He bows, "in truth, you've graced me with more than what I am worth." He turns to the rest of the group, nods his head in dismissal and shoots one more intriguing glance at the empress before flashing his eyebrows subtly at her. An invitation perhaps, however to what depends on her level of curiosity.

He swims between crowds, stealing drinks where he can before disappearing onto the balcony. He looks down at his watch, and presses the dial inward. The rose in the empresses possession releases a small, unnoticeable cloud of pheromones towards her. With this illusive man within the forefront of her mind, the power of the gas begins to take hold.

"The game is afoot" he smiles timing her arrival. And drops the empty champagne glass off the balcony.

Her eyes grew wide at the refusal of the tip, adding more mystery to this stranger. And now a flower? The sleight of hand was breathtaking, she nodded her head as he bowed left speechless as he walked away, surely she couldn't just let him disappear after a show like that, she followed him after a few moments, feeling like she could follow his scent, impossible she knew, but anything seemed possible in Asia nowadays. a passing waitress had a tray containing several bottles of Erguotou along with glasses, she took a bottle to herself, she felt hot, figuring it was the alcohol. "Go over to those fellas over there, and tell them I told you to try the Death Juice with some of this as well, I'll be back to try the results." she told the young lady, sipping at the bottle she had pilfered she continued onward, up to the balcony where she saw her prey waiting. As she approached she only saw his lips move, unable to actually hear what he said over the noise and music of the casino. Her eyes followed the glass briefly, "You missed!" she teased, as it shattered upon the ground, nearly making the waitress with the Ergoutou drop her platter. "I'm sure you didn't put on that magic show just to depart for the rest of the evening, especially not when you so carefully avoided my question, you're certainly not the average citizen, just who are you, mystery man?"