From Russia with Love

JEDCJT

An encrypted message would be sent to the Parthian Government:

To: Foreign Ministry of Parthia
Subject: Diplomatic relations

Greetings,

For some time, our nations and peoples have stared at each other across our shared border, and yet have had very little official interaction. We seek to change that, and as such, we would like to meet with you in either Moscow or Persepolis to discuss the furthering of relations, and issues of mutual interest. Either meeting place works fine with us, and I look forward to meet with you.

Regards,
Vladimir Lavrov,
Foreign Minister
Edited by JEDCJT

To: Foreign Ministry of Russia
Subject: Diplomatic relations

Greetings,

We would be willing to discuss furthering relations between our two states. As such, we would be willing to meet in Moscow. A High Lord of the Imperial Council will be sent as a representative of the Emperor. He will depart as soon as possible.

At a round conference table, Foreign Minister Vladimir Lavrov would stand up upon the arrival of the Persian representative, and shake hands with him.

"Welcome to Moscow, and the Russian Empire as a whole," Lavrov said with a smile. "Thank you for coming, please take a seat. We have quite a bit to discuss, but before we proceed, do you want anything to eat or drink?"

High Lord Zargabaath nodded and shook the Foreign Minister's hand. "It's a pleasure to be here. You have such a fine country." Zargabaath took a seat and adjusted his tunic. He looked towards the condiments and motioned. "Yes, I will take a glass of water."  Zargabaath smiled, "Indeed, we have much to discuss. How is your country doing? "

"Water, it is," Lavrov said with a smile as he gestured at an aide to give High Lord Zargabaath a glass of water. "The Russian Empire is doing well as far as I can see. We are continuing to further peaceful relations with our neighbors, and have successfully done so with Belarus and Hungary-Slovakia, although regrettably we cannot say the same for Romania, given their actions in the Black Sea. We have granted independence to a new nation in part of our protectorate in the Baltic states, and are working to provide assistance to our friends in Sverige to help them offset the blockade. We continue to expand infrastructural improvements to our new eastern regions with the goals of connecting the cities and peoples to the rest of the Empire. How is your country doing?"

"Ah yes, the Romanians have been quite pesky as of late." Zargabaath smiled and sipped from his glass of water, "You can't expect much from a gypsy. Keep up the good fight against them; I fear we might end up in some sort of conflict with them in the future, in regards to Turkey. The Emperor is still displeased with them, in regards to their behavior in the Marmara Region." Zargabaath chuckled, "Besides that, the Imperium is doing quite well. We're progressing very well."

"The Romanians sure are quite a handful. They disagree with, well, everything that we do or say. But I suppose that means we're doing a good job as the 'Russian boogeyman' that we're usually portrayed as such," Lavrov chuckled. "Well, let us get right to business. The issues that we have in mind for discussion are trade, non-aggression, and perhaps intelligence-sharing. What are your thoughts?"

Zargabaath smiled, "All of those sounds very good; however, lets go even further. I suggest a Mutual Defense Pact in the place of the non aggression pact. As two strong nations, in our specific realms of influence, it'd be beneficial if we worked together."

Lavrov nodded with a smile. "A Mutual Defense Pact sounds very good, and I accept. Russia and Parthia could cooperate on matters of mutual interest in our respective realms of influence, and an intelligence-sharing clause could be included in the pact. As for trade, I propose the reduction or elimination of tariffs, with exception of certain industries, as to foster increased trade between our nations."

"Also, I suggest that our armed forces conduct joint training exercises at least once a year. That would be a good way to develop a good working relationship." Zargabaath sipped from his glass of water, "Indeed, we should move forward with the signing as soon as possible."

"I agree with this. My aide should be finished drafting a treaty copy based on our discussions." The aforementioned aide printed out the copy and passed it on to Lavrov. The Minister read it and passed it over to Zargabaath. "Let me know if this is acceptable, feel free to make any changes or modification as you see fit."

Persepolis-Moscow Treaty

Preamble:

The Imperium of Parthia, hereafter referred to as Parthia, and the Russian Empire, hereafter referred to as Russia, shall agree to the following provisions laid out in this Treaty. Both nations, hereafter referred to as the Contracting Signatories, shall sign this Treaty in the hopes that greater relations would be attained for the greater peace, prosperity, and well-being of the Contracting Signatories.

Article I: Non-Aggression

a). The Contracting Signatories shall not undertake any aggressive or otherwise hostile actions against each other in any form. Such actions is defined, but not limited to, illegal espionage and destabilizing actions.

b). This clause shall not be construed as to restrict or otherwise prohibit healthy debate or productive disagreement.

Article II: Intelligence Sharing

The Contracting Signatories shall disclose and share any intelligence and information that pertain to each other.

Article III: Mutual Defense

a). The Contracting Signatories shall agree to defend each other from attacks by a hostile third power. If a Contracting Signatory is waging a defensive war, the other Contracting Signatory shall provide military, intelligence, economic, and civilian aid to the threatened nation.

b). A declaration of war in response to an earlier declaration of war by a Contracting Signatory, referred to as 'treaty-chaining', shall make such aid optional.

c). The Contracting Signatories shall jointly conduct training exercises at least once a year, in the interests of developing and furthering military cooperation.

Article IV: Trade

a). The Contracting Signatories shall undertake appropriate steps, actions, and policies to encourage and facilitate increased trade with each other.

b). Such steps, actions, and policies include, but are not limited to, the reduction or elimination, whenever applicable, of tariffs and other protective barriers, with exceptions for certain industries as determined by the Contracting Signatories.

Article V: Cancellation

a). Should the Contracting Signatories wish to withdraw from the obligations of this Treaty, a notice shall be given at least thirty days in advance.

b). Should the Contracting Signatories violate the articles of this Treaty, or otherwise come to an insurmountable disagreement, a notice of cancellation shall be given at least thirty days in advance.

---

Signed for Parthia,
On Behalf of the Emperor of Parthia
Imperial High Lord, Zargabaath

Signed for Russia,

On behalf of Tsar Mikhail
Vladimir Lavrov, Foreign Minister

Edited by JEDCJT

Lavrov got out his special pen and scribbled his signature on the treaty.

Signed for Russia,

On behalf of Tsar Mikhail
Vladimir Lavrov, Foreign Minister

"This meeting has been a great success, and I look forward to great relations between our nations. I will submit a copy of this treaty to the State Duma for ratification, which should be this week. It was nice meeting you."

Edited by JEDCJT