Anglo-Russian Entente

Triyun

To: Czar Mikhail Romanov

Subject:  Invitation to London to Discuss Relations

The British Crown wishes to invite His Majesty the Czar of the Russians to attend a meeting at the Court of St. James.  We wish to discuss deepening ties in light of a British Foreign policy towards a concert of Europe.  

To: The Office of the Prime Minister
From: Mikhail Ivanovich Romanov, Tsar and Autocrat of Russia
Subject: Re: Invitation to London to Discuss Relations

On behalf of the Russian people, I gracefully accept the invitation, and will be on my way to meet with the British Crown. I look forward to this meeting.

---

The Tsar would make his way to Britain abroad a special jetliner.
Edited by JEDCJT

King Henry would host the Czar personally, with Prime Minister Urquhart sitting in the chair adjacent to him, both monarchs sitting across a wide wooden table from one another.  

"Your Majesty, welcome to our county, the British People truly welcome our Russian Friends to our fair and noble Isle.  We hope we can build cordial relations and build common understanding of some of the affairs in Europe.  The British and Russian nations have had periods of great friendship and great discord, it is my hope we can make our reigns a period of friendship."

Tsar Mikhail would take a seat, along with Premier Vladimir Putin next to him.

"It is a honor to meet with you," the Tsar said with a friendly smile, addressing both King Henry and Prime Minister Urquhart. 

"It is also my hope, and of the Russian people, that we can form a positive and cordial relationship with Great Britain. What do you have in mind regarding the deepening of Anglo-Russian relations and a common understanding of European affairs?"

"It is our view that first and foremost, it is paramount that there is stability and harmony in Eastern Europe, as it only leads to the ability for others to exploit discord.   This would not be in British Interests and we believe not in yours either.  It is our hope that some of the tensions can be alleviated there to press against greater long term threats to Europe such as the presence of foreign alliances far beyond the shores of Europe encroaching on it.  Britain hopes that we can swiftly move towards this path."

"We have taken steps to alleviate some tensions in the region, namely by meeting with the leaders of Romania and Prussia in a three-way conference, followed by meetings with Belarusian and Hungarian-Slovak leaders. We have succeeded in paving the way toward the furthering of relations with Belarus and Hungary-Slovakia through trust-building protocols such as non-aggression, intelligence-sharing, and oil agreements, and intend to continue developing peaceful relations with them.

I wish I could say the same for Romania, though. Not long after our meeting concluded, on a agreement of words, Queen Maria I saw it fit to close the Bosporus to Russian military shipping and drastically increase the number of troops in the joint protectorate of the Crimea, justifying this with a vague explanation and nothing else despite our efforts of inquiry. Russia does intend to pursue peaceful relations with Romania, as indicated by my attendance and participation in the meeting with Romania and Prussia, but it would be difficult given Romania's actions in the Black Sea and any meetings with her probably would not succeed in making any headway at this time. Perhaps when some time have passed, and tensions diluted, we can try again, but there are no guarantees."
Edited by JEDCJT