Recognition of Hostilities

It was Rey who attacked us,

After you refused to negotiate peace terms, LPH resumed hostilities once we were in range. That's how war generally works, isn't it? You attack people.

Don't start a flame war
gr8 b8 m8 I give it 8/8.

Just don't.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since King Conrad claims to be a man of his word, before I tell anyone to peace out Rey; I'd like to have him promise his crusade against Stonewall is over and him attacking Stonewall won't be an issue in the future (As well as peace out Stonewall).

I apologise to everyone. If I realised he'd use it as excuse to make yet another terrible topic, I wouldn't have declared.

You could have farted in the same room as Methrage and he'd start a topic about how unfair you are for using biological warfare. Not your fault dude.

You need to realize that you, yourself, can't pre-emptively eliminate possible future actions, especially those pertaining to an individual having the history and proclivities of Stonewall.

The history here makes the present somewhat prickly.  I would imagine we can all see that.

Settle this one and move on, the future will take care of itself.

You need to realize that you, yourself, can't pre-emptively eliminate possible future actions, especially those pertaining to an individual having the history and proclivities of Stonewall.

The history here makes the present somewhat prickly.  I would imagine we can all see that.

Settle this one and move on, the future will take care of itself.

Conrad is still at war with Stonewall and has not indicated he will peace out when I've tried asking him. So this has not resolved itself and Conrad's cooperation is a major sticking point if we're going to end the war with Neo Uruk early.

Well yeah as I said, a thorny past leads to a dicey present.  You have among your number one with "issues" and so dealings with that worthy will be a bit more, um, involved than they might be with others having less baggage.

Still it's relatively early and I bet things will settle back to a low simmer here before long.

Well yeah as I said, a thorny past leads to a dicey present.  You have among your number one with "issues" and so dealings with that worthy will be a bit more, um, involved than they might be with others having less baggage.

Still it's relatively early and I bet things will settle back to a low simmer here before long.

When the only thing keeping Rey at war is Conrad's unwillingness to put an end to his mission to EZI Stonewall, I'm sure Conrad will come around eventually and be willing to give me his word this eternal war thing with Stonewall is over. Although his continued attacks on Stonewall and if he's unwilling to end his Perma-War Vendetta against Stonewall, that will be cause for a throny past between us going into the future.

If he's committed to attacking a LN member whenever he is able to and keeping them at ZI anytime they rebuild, then that creates essentially a Perma-War situation between our alliances. So I would rather we can get him to agree like a civilized individual, so it doesn't cause bigger problems between our alliances.

I apologise to everyone. If I realised he'd use it as excuse to make yet another terrible topic, I wouldn't have declared.

His last terrible topic was at the bottom of the page, it has not been bumped since the 13th and is off gracefully to the graveyard.

Thanks to you we now have not one but two new threads to replace it.

The apology is appropriate but seems insufficient.

His last terrible topic was at the bottom of the page, it has not been bumped since the 13th and is off gracefully to the graveyard.

Thanks to you we now have not one but two new threads to replace it.

The apology is appropriate but seems insufficient.

RR has been disrespectful from the start of this war he started against me, claiming he doesn't recognize us as an alliance, making baseless multi claims and claiming to be attacking due to my posting. The membership of LN has no reason to want peace with them and would rather fight back against those who attacked us, instead of giving them peace right away. That RR has given me no reason to respect him, his alliance, or like him at all; so I'm not going to push for an early peace on this war. He will reap the consequences of not only attacking, but being an unpleasant moron throughout my dealings with him.

When RR wants to apologize for his disrespect and attacks on our alliance, then maybe we can discuss peace sooner. Although as things stand now, we have no reason to peace wars out early with them.

Edited by Methrage

War Geez Methy, it's like you don't know me at all. For I am the Flail of God, and your sins must be great for him to have sent such a punishment as me. Once again you're making false assumptions. You're assuming that Stonewall's attacks on Rey are what provoked me. Not at all. That's simply what alerted me to his rise in NS. Stonewall's insistence on continuing to breathe is what provoked me.

I will never apologise for having a sense of humour, for not being an emotionless basement-dweller, for having a life, for striving for a better future, where the wondrous realm of the Alliance Announcements section of the OWF that is renowned and cherished by all as a place where individuals may comment at any length they so wish without cowering to those that seek to destroy all happiness, all joy, all moments of foolishness that we may engage in from time to time. Nay!

The time has come to speak of other things! Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax. Of cannibals and kings! Of why the sea is boiling hot, and whether there remains a hope that silliness and good humour can survive in a land of pencil-pushing drudgery. Those who will not take arms in the name of joy can see the future in the post above you. A leader who demeans the Alternian Empire's cultural practises. A man who derides the sanctity of faygo itself; a man that engaged in a very long and winded series of messages about a white peace agreement but then changes his mind* all of a sudden because he suddenly things he's being 'disrespected'.

*I will apologise if the inability of methrage to make up his mind is due in part to schizophrenia, or some other form of mental impairment. Those are not a joking matter.

I will not apologise for using comic sans. I will not apologise for believing that there is no place for a fun police in Cybernations. And I most certainly won't apologise for not giving a frying duck about someone that gets upset over semantics. Tough luck.

Ransom an alliance and an individual that cares. I do not.

War Geez Methy, it's like you don't know me at all. For I am the Flail of God, and your sins must be great for him to have sent such a punishment as me. Once again you're making false assumptions. You're assuming that Stonewall's attacks on Rey are what provoked me. Not at all. That's simply what alerted me to his rise in NS. Stonewall's insistence on continuing to breathe is what provoked me.

So you are determined to continue your war against Limitless Nexus no matter what? Maybe its time the tables get turned and you become the target of ZI. I'm sure many are getting sick of your obsession in staying in very lowest tiers, so you can continue harassing small nations. If you decide this is the path you won't budge from, then you become an existential threat to our alliance and our mission will have to become to do to you, what you're trying to do to Stonewall.

So you are determined to WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

So you are determined to make hilariously bad attempts to poach AE members with what is possibly the worst pitch ever?

No really, I wish I was making this up guys.

[9:43:10 AM] Marc-André (MR): To: Lord English    From: Methrage    Date: 8/22/2014 5:11:39 PM

Subject: War/Peace Prospects!
Message: Your leader led you into a war you guys were not equipped to win, has continued to show blatant disrespect towards our alliance and then says he plans to quit when I say I'm not peacing out at his convenience. Those who are sick of incompetent leadership and want to join a better alliance, where you'll get stronger, are free to join Limitless Nexus. Or you can remain in your current and fight this losing war RR got you guys into. He sacrificed all of you to try getting a rogue against our alliance released from war a little bit sooner (although he only delayed that with his actions).

So for those who don't want to follow RR to the grave, consider joining Limitless Nexus. Also if anyone wants to discuss individual surrenders without joining LN, that can be done as well. Just let me know.
[9:43:34 AM] Marc-André (MR): so pumped to join that 5 nation AA

Good luck with that.

So you are determined to make hilariously bad attempts to poach AE members with what is possibly the worst pitch ever?

No really, I wish I was making this up guys.

Good luck with that.

I just gave them a way out, I said they didn't need to join Limitless Nexus. You aren't doing anything to improve their situation and I don't care if they stay. If they choose to stand by your attack on Limitless Nexus, then they should be prepared for the war which follows. Seems you just volunteered Lord English for extra attention when it comes to attacks.

Edited by Methrage

I just gave them a way out, I said they didn't need to join Limitless Nexus. You aren't doing anything to improve their situation and I don't care if they stay. If they choose to stand by your attack on Limitless Nexus, then they should be prepared for the war which follows. Seems you just volunteered Lord English for extra attention when it comes to attacks.

Actually, we're all discussing it on skype right now, which is far more efficient than IRC.

[9:58:51 AM] Turbo Swag: lel guyz im gon go join ln
[9:59:02 AM] Turbo Swag: bes alince evr

I did tell you that you're letting this get to your head. Can't say I didn't warn you.

Every stupid comment you make just ensures I won't peace out early, but I'm done listening to your complaints or whatever you're doing. This back and forth will get us nowhere, we'll let our actions on the battlefield do the talking instead. So see you there. We'll see if your number advantage can make up for your severe incompetence.

You aren't doing anything to improve their situation and I don't care if they stay.

I dont always agree with Methrage but when he hits it he hits it.

RR you write some nice prose but the fact is if you wanted to take a stand against bad posting and half-baked war the answer was not to launch another half baked war with and then post a thread calculated to rile him up again! Are you totally incompetent, lying about your motives, or did you just have the biggest brain fart in recent CN history?

Every stupid comment you make just ensures I won't peace out early, but I'm done listening to your complaints or whatever you're doing. This back and forth will get us nowhere, we'll let our actions on the battlefield do the talking instead. So see you there. We'll see if your number advantage can make up for your severe incompetence.

I apologise for not playing long enough to collect every wonder on the road to cybernations bingo.

It's hilarious that Methrage claims AE isn't equipped to win when he has under 50 mil left.

like, I get that you've got wonders on us, but we can just aid people to outgrow you after a point and you'll be left nibbling on heels.

Edited by Neo Uruk

It's hilarious that Methrage claims AE isn't equipped to win when he has under 50 mil left.

like, I get that you've got wonders on us, but we can just aid people to outgrow you after a point and you'll be left nibbling on heels.

Is that a threat? Also RR doesn't have much himself, first he bought 2,000 infra after attacking bringing himself down to the $170m range, then bought SDI bringing him even lower after that.

Is that a threat? Also RR doesn't have much himself, first he bought 2,000 infra after attacking bringing himself down to the $170m range, then bought SDI bringing him even lower after that.

If you take a fortune telling as a threat, you can do that. If you commit to a long haul in this war, the numbers are very clearly not on your side. And keep in mind you're not fighting just RR. Those nukes are already expensive for you, I'm sure. Edited by Neo Uruk

If you take a fortune telling as a threat, you can do that. If you commit to a long haul in this war, the numbers are very clearly not on your side. And keep in mind you're not fighting just RR. Those nukes are already expensive for you, I'm sure.

Nukes are very cheap, even if I was broke i would be able to get 2 a day most likely. Anyways, I'm willing to risk my soldiers in war. Also I don't know what you mean by long haul, but I'm just saying AE isn't getting peace within the first 2-3 days after declaring on us unprovoked. They will need to fight longer than that, although I doubt it will continue past the length of a round of war. Once we get our damage in, then we'll be willing to go our seperate ways. However I think letting them get away with it completely, would just make LN a more inviting target in the future. If I keep them at war for a full nuclear round, it will make it less likely morons like him declare in the future thinking we'll give them peace right away.

Edited by Methrage

Nukes are very cheap, even if I was broke i would be able to get 2 a day most likely. Anyways, I'm willing to risk my soldiers in war. Also I don't know what you mean by long haul, but I'm just saying AE isn't getting peace within the first 2-3 days after declaring on us unprovoked. They will need to fight longer than that, although I doubt it will continue past the length of a round of war. Once we get our damage in, then we'll be willing to go our seperate ways. However I think letting them get away with it completely, would just make LN a more inviting target in the future. If I keep them at war for a full nuclear round, it will make it less likely morons like him declare in the future thinking we'll give them peace right away.

You'll never make friends by calling everyone a moron!

But no, you said you will keep me at war until Conrad's issue with Stonewall is resolved. That doesn't appear to be happening in a very quick timeframe. I'm doubtful that AE signs off on a quick peace deal without me involved, considering their reason for entry -- not that I'd hold it against them, their involvement wasn't bound by treaty nor is there much sense in collapsing all their nations for a simple ego trip on your end.

The simple matter is that Stonewall is wasting tech deal money, which will limit your resource pool in the future. You'll have to fund him by yourself; nobody likes an aid thief. Aiding him will run your pool of money dry, and we'll outgrow you.