An Aftermath Announcement

Aren't you a little too busy with TGE already, Auctor?

This might not be the best place to discuss this, but TGE is all going camping soon.  Check the forums for more info, and we hope you all can make it.

Also, congrats to all involved in where ever this topic originally was, even if you don't camp.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think AFM functions very well with out one alliance telling all the others what to do. I'm not sure why any alliance would want to take orders for their FA. Coordinating FA is a matter of give and take, not one alliance's vision superseding the others.

No, we are clearly expected by the OWF to go down the Brehon road of leadership here. lol

So RnR wants to join Aftermath???

Not really. But feel free to take my comment as a slight and reply in a passive-aggressive way, though I really did not mean to undermine Snacks or Aftermath's efforts here.

I think AFM functions very well with out one alliance telling all the others what to do. I'm not sure why any alliance would want to take orders for their FA. Coordinating FA is a matter of give and take, not one alliance's vision superseding the others.

No bloc can work with an alliance imposing its will over the others. No bloc can work without a clear leadership either, though: claiming that a 7-alliances bloc can work efficiently and effectively through mediation and appeasement only seems a bit of a stretch, though.

Not really. But feel free to take my comment as a slight and reply in a passive-aggressive way, though I really did not mean to undermine Snacks or Aftermath's efforts here.

No bloc can work with an alliance imposing its will over the others. No bloc can work without a clear leadership either, though: claiming that a 7-alliances bloc can work efficiently and effectively through mediation and appeasement only seems a bit of a stretch, though.

we've come this far...appeasement of? If you count CCC and NADC's duel member treaty it becomes more like 6. But Srsly, wanna make it an even 8 and bring RnR into the fold? ;)

we've come this far...appeasement of? If you count CCC and NADC's duel member treaty it becomes more like 6. But Srsly, wanna make it an even 8 and bring RnR into the fold? ;)

Plan B and AFM shall combine and TAKE OVER ZEE VORLD

There's some kind of barrier between my text and your eyes, clearly, so I'll simply leave you guys to your endeavors :)

I'm sure my comrades meant no offense with their comments. In the days where trolls rule most OWF discourses, serious questions are few and far between, and I'm afraid our ability to respond to them in a serious manner has degraded.

But as for your question regarding leadership: While there is no official leader of Aftermath, it would be disingenuous to suggest that there are not individuals who lead and direct bloc policy more than others. This unofficial leadership has served us well in the past, and allows for a more flexible response to various situations.

If our various FA policies were disparate, an official or de facto leader would be needed, I agree. But our FA policies are extremely similar, if not the same. Add to this our current internal policy of bloc approval for new MD level treaties and the potential use of our Supremacy clause to void treaty obligations that cause conflicts with the bloc, and our FA situation is actually well in hand.

And who does Plan A?

a-team.jpg

The A team. 

This is needed.

I wasn't completely sold on the idea until I seen this, obviously this needs to happen.  Sorry treaty web :(

With 600+ nations they can be very efficient and effective as meat shields.

Probably not, unfortunately. We'd all wind up cooking the shield to an excellent medium rare, Invicta would bring drinks, the NADC would invite us to one of their beach houses, and it would just be a total disaster