Japanese-Plains Federation Relations

Mogar

To: Plains Federation Department of Foreign Affairs

Greetings,

Apologies for our last meeting being cut short, but as The Imperium has maintained a strong relationship with Tikal for years now, I am interested in reaching out to others in North America to ensure our half of the world does not fall into anarchy or war like so many other regions have done as of late. If The Plains Federation shares my vision of a united and prosperous America and Asia, write back to me and I will come personally to visit your nation and discuss our shared future.

Signed,
-Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of Japan and Joseon Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure.

The SonicStar leaped across the Pacific once again the jet begining to show its age she thought upon the journey, perhaps something faster, sleeker. Her entourage would consist of the standard four bodyguards and two hand maidens, the MoFA traveling elsewhere at the moment. Landing a few hours after taking off, on the previous day, the time travel rather entertaining to her every time she managed to do so.

Edited by Mogar

Samuel met the Empress and her  crew at the airport. He welcomed them to the Plains Federation and the State of Oklahoma. They entered the President's motorcade, which didn't have the president inside it, and headed for the President's residence. When they arrived, Samuel introduced the Empress to President Reese and he to her. They all sat down after everyone was offered something to eat and drink. Because the empress was a guest, Samuel asked if she would like to begin.

Inhaling slowly she would nod, taking a moment to choose her opening. "It seems I have been earning my frequent flyer miles lately thanks to North America." She said with a wry smile. "I don't like to bullshit when it comes to these types of meetings so I'll cut to the chase. The Imperium had a natural interest in ensuring North America is stable and an open market for our economy. Recently it appears some of the Middle Eastern nations wish to try to strangle our economy, and by doing so have made us far more interested in looking eastward than west from where I sit. Tikal is already an Imperium ally, and there is not words to describe their generosity and kindness towards our people in their greatest time of need. Of course, this leaves the rest of North America for us to also work with, and by cooperating with the friend of a friend, I believe we can ensure a more stable Asia and Americas. Basically the same as my previous meeting, just unfortunately was interrupted by this temper tantrum from the Persians unfortunately."

"Exactly what I was thinking, it's rather silly to jump into bed with someone before they buy you dinner first." she teased, "I believe I have a few prewritten treaties with me to begin things..." glancing at one of her hand maidens to hand her the dossier and selected a traditional PIAT text. "How about something like this?" she'd ask handing it over.

Preamble

The Imperium of Japan, and the Plains Federation, acknowledge their friendship through this treaty of peace, intelligence, and aid. Both The Imperium of Japan and the Plains Federation are to remain sovereign, and commit to peaceful relations and mutual respect.

Article I: Peace

Both signatories agree not to commit in hostile actions against the other party. Hostile actions include: aid and support of one's enemies, open warfare, espionage, threats.

Article II: Intelligence

Both parties agree to share any and all relevant information concerning the welfare of either signatory. Giving false information shall be considered a delinquency of this treaty, making it void.

Article III: Aid

Both signatories may request aid, rather it be financial or military, through formal private channels. While such requests are optional, they are highly encouraged. Mutual assistance is encouraged.

Article IV: Economic Cooperation

Both signatories agree to work towards technological and economic cooperation to work towards mutually beneficial economic growth and shared prosperity.

Article V: Cancellation

Both signatories agree to give a (OOC)72 hour notice in the event of the cancellation of this official and precious document. Both signatories must give each other a traditional baked good as a parting gift.

Signed for The Imperium of Japan,

Signed for the Plains Federation,

Edited by Mogar