Seperating of OOC and IC

Beauty

In my philosophy the alliance always comes first, and the alliance sovereign always serves the alliance. If any member threatens the interests of the alliance he should not be a member. That is why pulling my name with some of the other officials did not work in your favor. Regardless of our friendship or any OOC stuff you try to rely on, my duty is to the alliance first.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your instant reaction to someone coming back about your past by posting it all over the OWF in a name and shame expose is probably what has people unbelieving of your desire to be another character, also the escape of Rotavele without meeting any of those that you transgressed has probably soured NG's ability to move on so easily.
You are only a few days into this life, and we are still here talking about Rotavele, your previous character, in all honesty you should have just distanced yourself from her and all she was, and quietly moved on with your alliance life for a bit.
As I have said, Rota's past now, and I hope you can make this character a little different than the last and have an enjoyable gaming experience, but I fear it won't be like that is the past is always brought up by you on this kind of grand scale.

I think your instant reaction to someone coming back about your past by posting it all over the OWF in a name and shame expose is probably what has people unbelieving of your desire to be another character, also the escape of Rotavele without meeting any of those that you transgressed has probably soured NG's ability to move on so easily.
You are only a few days into this life, and we are still here talking about Rotavele, your previous character, in all honesty you should have just distanced yourself from her and all she was, and quietly moved on with your alliance life for a bit.
As I have said, Rota's past now, and I hope you can make this character a little different than the last and have an enjoyable gaming experience, but I fear it won't be like that is the past is always brought up by you on this kind of grand scale.

Yes and what I am telling you is I never had the chance to even start off. That was the point of this thread.

The character change is the point, not the frequency of the posts. There were no posts like this until I was attacked and such. I don't know how anyone can expect me to be a different character while still treating me like Rotavele. That is why I made this thread.

Changing your character name is not a free get out of jail card when it comes to reputation. It takes some hard work and effort to reroll successfully. You've rejected my advice previously, but as an ex-EZI'd leader, I would recommend simply disappearing, working your way into an alliance somewhere, and simply abandoning this very negative reputation you have, Rotavele and Beauty. That will be my last words on this matter.

Yes and what I am telling you is I never had the chance to even start off. That was the point of this thread.

The character change is the point, not the frequency of the posts. There were no posts like this until I was attacked and such. I don't know how anyone can expect me to be a different character while still treating me like Rotavele. That is why I made this thread.

My point is, when faced with the initial adversity you have gone back to type, thus proving in their eyes, peoples opinions on you right.
I'm not trying to say you are wrong, just merely how it can be viewed by others. I know it isn't easy to put your past behind you, hell Tywin still gets a bit of flack for it, but that is mainly brought on by his own discussion of his past.
As I have mentioned, to me, Rota is gone, and I couldn't care less about that past, and never will.
I do hope someone can see past your previous, I honestly do, I am just not holding my breath you can change into someone else.
Anyway it goes, good luck.

I wasn't given a chance to act in any such way, sadly. I was attacked and nuked before I even got back on the OWF. Nor had I any disputes on IRC before I was attacked. (This all came afterwards. I got on and was attacked right after getting booted.) I took a hiatus from the OWF then was delayed a few days as Beauty due to the name change period. That is one of the reasons for this thread. OOC and IC have to be separated

I think you missed my point, even after being booted out, and reading the logs, it only looks like you changed your name on irc, and were still acting, and talking like Rota. Sure, being booted out, and attacked for being Rota, when you weren't given the chance to prove that you weren't going to act like Rota was taken away, but you still could have taken it as an opportunity to act like a different person before coming to the OWF and making this topic, after being attacked.

You missed a golden opportunity to show the world you are not Rota anymore, but reading those logs, after the attack, you proved them correct for attacking you, in my view. 

My point is, when faced with the initial adversity you have gone back to type, thus proving in their eyes, peoples opinions on you right.
I'm not trying to say you are wrong, just merely how it can be viewed by others. I know it isn't easy to put your past behind you, hell Tywin still gets a bit of flack for it, but that is mainly brought on by his own discussion of his past.
As I have mentioned, to me, Rota is gone, and I couldn't care less about that past, and never will.
I do hope someone can see past your previous, I honestly do, I am just not holding my breath you can change into someone else.
Anyway it goes, good luck.

I think you missed my point, even after being booted out, and reading the logs, it only looks like you changed your name on irc, and were still acting, and talking like Rota. Sure, being booted out, and attacked for being Rota, when you weren't given the chance to prove that you weren't going to act like Rota was taken away, but you still could have taken it as an opportunity to act like a different person before coming to the OWF and making this topic, after being attacked.

You missed a golden opportunity to show the world you are not Rota anymore, but reading those logs, after the attack, you proved them correct for attacking you, in my view.

Ah I see what you mean now. Do you recommend re-rolling into a new character or trying to work on this one? From what I see from you guys it's too late. Edited by Beauty

Ah I see what you mean now. Do you recommend re-rolling into a new character or trying to work on this one? From what I see from you guys it's too late.

Your call really, I'm 50/50 on it, but then again, I am a more stubborn sort who would want to turn around those opinions.

Posting IC is one thing.. but you carry certain OOC qualities that makes you disliked across multiple personas... there is nothing wrong with someone disliking you from that. You just saying "this is beauty, not rotavele" doesn't absolve you from the character flaws you have.

Posting IC is one thing.. but you carry certain OOC qualities that makes you disliked across multiple personas... there is nothing wrong with someone disliking you from that. You just saying "this is beauty, not rotavele" doesn't absolve you from the character flaws you have.

Can you extrapolate on that?

dead @ roleplaying an OOC persona.

Get a life, kid.

This thread serves that you're not even trying to start anew. At the first personal slight you go to the OWF to complain and get your 15 minutes of fame then do it again. Nobody cares if people threw you out of their alliance because you're a homosexual because you make it extremely hard to empathize with you due to you being annoying as hell, lying, and attention whoring. So this whole episode will be forgotten except for you trying to seek attention.

Edited by Believland

The more you bring it up, the more people will sit back and wait for you to repeat past mistakes so they can hold it against you. You'll be justifying their belief that your reroll was in name only.  An IC ploy to avoid your due rolling.  You'd be wise to listen to what Pansy is telling you.  

Or don't... but please get up to my range before you mess up again. I'd consider it a personal favor.  :)

The more you bring it up, the more people will sit back and wait for you to repeat past mistakes so they can hold it against you. You'll be justifying their belief that your reroll was in name only.  An IC ploy to avoid your due rolling.  You'd be wise to listen to what Pansy is telling you.  

Or don't... but please get up to my range before you mess up again. I'd consider it a personal favor.  :)

As one of, if not the, currently most infamous in the game, I could have not posted and the same would have been done. I've already been attacked and nuked unwarrantedly after rolling a new nation and not posting. 

Unfortunately people keep up with my nation more than I do at times. I thank you for the advice though :wub:

By the way I never bullied the kid because of his condition. In fact I offered him protection as soon as I was made aware of that little bit of information, if you'll recall.

Yes you did and I applaud you for that.

Ah I see what you mean now. Do you recommend re-rolling into a new character or trying to work on this one? From what I see from you guys it's too late.

As long as you don't come back into #RIOT and act like Rota, you are more than welcome to come back into #RIOT as Beauty. That being said, i'm not sure if other people give you the same amount of rope to hang yourself. If you're not concerned with keeping your post count, re-roll as a new name, and new forum name, everything (tell the mods) and try from there, go into an alliance, and not act like the petulant little child you have always acted. It's up to you, work on this name, and continue to show people you are not Rota, and you are now Beauty, which will be a lot harder now, or start completely a-new. 

As long as you don't come back into #RIOT and act like Rota, you are more than welcome to come back into #RIOT as Beauty. That being said, i'm not sure if other people give you the same amount of rope to hang yourself. If you're not concerned with keeping your post count, re-roll as a new name, and new forum name, everything (tell the mods) and try from there, go into an alliance, and not act like the petulant little child you have always acted. It's up to you, work on this name, and continue to show people you are not Rota, and you are now Beauty, which will be a lot harder now, or start completely a-new. 

Sounds good to me. Plus i like my RoA name so I'll probably still stay Beauty.

A few times you've mentioned secrecy in 'beauty' a couple times ..

"I relayed to Val and Invicta who I was in private and asked for it to be kept quiet even if rejected. No idea who released it originally"

You realize your name change request succeeded in this ... No one else is to really blame if it's "known" that Beaty is Rota when it was on public display ...

As said, if you wanted a true go at a re-roll instead of this bullshit then you would have done it quietly ... new nation, NEW forum account, new attitude, new personality ... Changing a books cover or title doesn't change the story..

If 'Rota' is suchan IC personality different from your OOC self, then it should be zero trouble pretending to be someone else ... Try again with effort next time ...

Master Mac Hakai, ho be perpetratin , i've given her plenty of opportunity to join the players ball & begin her new career, she keeps runnin off trying to think for herself, pullin trix on her own and not payin a tax ---- just disrepectin my corner

I even went out of my way and offered to buy her from Mac Daddy Tidy’s stronnng pimp hand and now look at her, how the hell I'm gona put her on the stroll lookin like she does, all raggedy & what not

I’m a PimP with a capitol “P” on both mfin ends? No cup, no cane, JUST GAME .

I'd be more in favor of the separating of Rotavele and Cyber Nations

a proper rebranding to match her job title is all thats needed, possibly Midnight Cherry, Gigi Cumberland, Curly Goldrush or my favorite Chin-Chin Tulane

by the way i've seen the marks LEFT by your pimp hand, u a no non scence pimp arent ya ? much respect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly only the third time I've heard this so far except from Hal and Hime. 

Thank you Pansy.

Sorry but just because you change your name doesn't mean you aren't the same character only hiding your true self more.

If you really want to fully explore your character without people still thinking of you in that way, create completely new accounts and change your name again. 

And don't tell anyone who you really are, ever.

Edited by Commander shepard