From Francoism to Imperialism: Looking back at Civilization's Decline

The Zigur

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a strange prophetic feeling that only Ivan could bring the Orders back together, although I'd like to see it happen without him. People in NPO hold way too many grudges though, and are not a forgiving bunch.

Grudges are not useful.

Grudges are not useful.

I agree but based on my interactions with many of your newer members who can't forgive me for my words in the last war, considering my minor relevance I certainly see conciliation with Polar as being difficult.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I agree but based on my interactions with many of your newer members who can't forgive me for my words in the last war, considering my minor relevance I certainly see conciliation with Polar as being difficult.

Francoism suggests that we discard grudges that are not useful.

You grossly misunderstand how the Moldavi Rebellion was viewed and how "Autocratic Democracy" supported not Ivan's claim, but Moo's. While some members departed after Moo took back the throne, there were many others on the verge of departure when Ivan took over. The uneasiness of many, indeed, the majority of members with the sudden coup was kept quiet and were afraid to speak their mind because at the time, Ivan had his secret though police running around and acting like Big Brother. Ivan was someone who was feared and disliked by many members, whereas Moo, still early in his reign, was well-liked and respected. The idea of autocratic democracy is that members can vote with their feet. It is thus telling that just about every IO helped Moo take back the throne that was rightly his, it is telling that Moo's return to power was applauded by most members and very, very few members actually departed angry that Ivan was forced out. I'm not sure how you think that Moo taking back the throne was in any way inconsistent with Francoism when you were not a member of the alliance at the time and you did not understand how people felt about the event.

[OOC]
All of which is to say nothing of how OOC elements were used/abused to support Ivan's claim. The Polar member who supported Ivan owned the domain name and was the forum admin, and threatened to take over with that - indeed, to get Moo back in power, the IOS had to transfer the forum info and forcefully get control back. In addition, there are stories about how they used their knowledge of Moo's sicknesses to get him to step down, using OOC stuff as a weapon. Basically, it was a total mess of which you know little, if anything at all, because you were not there.

Having talked to those involved (including seeing all the relevant screenshots) I can say that this is pretty damn accurate assessment of what went down. The only thing I can't remember correctly is if BlackAdder was a Polar member at the time or still a Pacifican. I want to say he was still a Pacifican at the time but when Ivan was booted, he moved to Polaris. 

The reason I would like to see a Dilber led NSO is I think he is one of the few leaders with enough respect and history with all the Orders to bring them all together.

Strong leadership is what is needed to unite the orders and I think he is one of the few other than Ivan capable of pulling it off.

Edited by Methrage

There's no one single person who can 'unite the Orders' ....... Just saying .... Pipe dream y'all ....

If we all ever come together, it's going to require a large effort that one single person can not accomplish. There's several distinct issues standing in between each, and it would require concerted efforts within each membership that no single person would be able to audience ...

There's no one single person who can 'unite the Orders' ....... Just saying .... Pipe dream y'all ....

If we all ever come together, it's going to require a large effort that one single person can not accomplish. There's several distinct issues standing in between each, and it would require concerted efforts within each membership that no single person would be able to audience ...

But damn if it wouldn't be entertaining.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to think Moldavi could, but you'd know far better than I would.