The government of Macau had fallen, leaving a large swath of southern china ripe for the taking, the Imperium leadership was concerned of a looming war with the Nords, having just come under assault by their navy, and the African nations did not seem as cooperative as the Empress would have wanted, their bloc had meant her attempts at diplomacy were fruitless, and forced her to interact on a bloc scale, which had gone ignored, leaving her nervous that the radar systems being constructed in the Indian Ocean would not be Imperium held for long.

The Principality had made a statement during the war that had disgusted Kazuko. The Imperium was a Japanese led Pan Asian coalition, anything even implying the destruction of a race or culture was a hypersensitive issue and the Imperium could not be seen taking a hardline stance against anyone and anything that made such statements. Looking over a map of East Asia the decision was obvious, the mass of forces above the Principality would serve as the hammer, and Macau would server as the Imperium's anvil, and between them the Principality would be easily crushed should they provoke her.

"...Novakian ships are reported to be providing assistance in the region, We'll stick with this story as it unfolds. In other news, with the fall of Macau, The Imperium province of Taiwan has been in communication with the local governments of the former provinces of Macau. the Island proper was naturally willing to join the Imperium in a similar agreement to what Hong Kong has currently. The mainland provinces appear to want to hold formal referendums to decide their fates, but preliminary polling suggests that joining the Imperium under the governance of Taiwan will be the most likely outcome. In sports news..."

OOC: Macau 1/7

The news report was accurate, the provinces did in fact want to join the Imperium, Macau would be getting a sweetheart deal, no Imperium taxes and being considered an SAR they would be granted near total freedom for laws and statutes separate from the Imperium proper. only a token attachment of a few hundred Imperium Marines would take to the island, running patrols more for simply public viewing than for any fear of security threats.

OOC: Guangdong 1/7

The Jewel of the expansion would be Guangdong, with an economic output unmatched by most nations it would serve as an incredible asset to the Imperium, providing with incredibly large reserves of Bauxite, a raw version of aluminum, the economic benefit would come in an advanced automotive industry, allowing for even further output of both military and civilian equipment, and further expanding the Imperium's ability to produce weaponry even while under attack by another power.

OOC: Fujian 1/7

A heavily mountainous region, the province would serve as a strategic battleground in a potential war against their new northern neighbors, UAVs and reconnaissance aircraft would map the area closely, sending the information to Tokyo to process and plan the best strategy for a potential war, investment here was lower than the other provinces due to it being realistically a battleground.

OOC: Guangxi 1/7
Like Guangdong, Guangxi held a vast number of resources, notably Tin and Manganese, like the rest of the provinces, METI officals would work with local governments to incorporate the land into the Imperium's economic network, ensuring a smooth transition and through Imperium sweetheart deals, provide the areas with a short term economic boon to provide the people with an incentive to join in the Imperium in the future.

OOC: Hainan 1/7

5,000 soldiers would land Hainan, using the bases from former Macau scattered across the island, there to serve as peacekeepers in the interm, Imperium METI officals would work with the locals to incorporate the islands economy into the Imperium's, ensuring a smooth transition, like with Christmas Island, the Imperium Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism would fund advertising for the Island, spurring its economy to further persuade them to vote favorably for joining the Imperium.

All of the Chinese provinces were wary of the Imperium, but Japanese officials worked with HongKongers and Taiwanese citizens as the face of the Imperium while in mainland China to ensure that this would not be a hostile takeover by the Japanese.

The Imperium does not subjugate, they integrate.

On the other hand, The Principality of Shanghai shared nearly the entire northern border of this new land, and as such, 40,000 marines would set up in the military bases in the mainland provinces, along with 60,000 soldiers, they were complimented by 2,000 Type 10 tanks, 1,200 Type 96 APCs, 1600 Type 89 IFVs, 2600 Komatsu LAVs, 120 Type 99 155 mm self-propelled howitzers, and 240 Type 87 Guntanks. 220 Type 87 Armored Reconissance Vehicles would patrol the northern border with the LAVs, with a few watching the border with Vietnam but rather unconcerned with them for the time being. 16 Mitsubishi MQ-9 Reapers began patrolling the northern border, looking into Shanghai to study their own border defenses, looking for the easiest routes into the opposing nation.

##Private to the Imperium

We noticed your action in Macau. We haven't heard much out of them for a while. What is the situation like on the ground. Do the people there need any humanitarian assistance or is everything alright?

Yun Li MOFA

:Private Reply:

Their government has collapsed, the area appears to be fully functional and we are currently in discussions with their local governments as to their future, for now we will simply be providing economic assistance.

Edited by Mogar

Emperor Jesse finally took his place on the throne after what his mother did. They both knew that what she had done would not be easy at all to forgive and that she may never enter the diplomatic scene ever again. Wars have a way of proving who the strong and weak leaders really are and after the war with Russia she proved to not be as strong willed as they thought. There is a fine line that one must never cross even during wars like that and although it was only an inch across she still crossed that line regardless and almost became the monster she was sworn to destroy.

Jesse couldn't blame her for what she had said but he knew that the world needed to know that they were not the enemy here and that there were other powers at play seeking to have them all destroy each other and for once he seemed to finally be one step ahead of them. With the fall of the Macau government he suspected that the evil MHC might be behind this trying to provoke a war between Shanghai and Japan but he also knew that he couldn't let Japanese forces move into huge swaths of mainland China without something being done about it.

Lee, Jordan, and Lin would be brought into his war room below the palace so he could explain the situation to them. "As you are all well aware Japanese forces have moved into what used to be the Independent Republic of Macau. Moving into the islands is one thing but they have also begun moving into the mainland regions of Fujian, Guangdong, and Guangxi. Ever since the end of the last war we had always had a small detachment of soldiers helping the Macau government keep order in those regions and now we have gotten reports of Japanese forces moving in and have begun trying to occupy those regions."

"How many soldiers do we have in bases in those regions at the moment?"

"5,000 each but I am going to have you send another 20,000 to each of the 3 regions increasing our presence in each of those 3 regions to 25k each along with some Armor and other various support vehicles just in case they did try to attack us. Now for Lin and Jordan your mission will be a bit more tricky. You need to go to the main city of Macau itself and investigate the fall of their government. If you can prove that the MHC is behind this you might be able to prevent the situation from escalating any further."

"What about the people of the region. Do they really support the Japanese like they said in all of their propaganda?"

"Big surprise, NO. The people have not openly resisted the Japanese yet because so far anyone that did has seemed to "vanish overnight" so far. The people on the mainland are scared and are waiting for us to pretty much "save them" and that is what I intend to do one way or another. The Japanese can keep the islands but I would give them hell before I let them start taking huge areas of mainland China and so would the people of those regions. Friends of my family live in those regions and they are scared right now. Time to show them they do not have to be afraid."

After the war with Russia Shanghai and Japan were still formally allies but formalities would only go so far. After the nuclear war the MHC caused between the people of Japan and China they have never truely forgiven each other for all of the destruction and since the huge majority of the demographics of those regions were Chinese they see the Japanese as foreign invaders just like what happened in WWII. Lee would split his forces of 60,000 into 3 battalions of 20,000 each and send them to meet up with Shanghai forces already there. Jesse did not want there to be a war but he was detemined to protect his people no matter the cost.  

He would send a message to the Japanese Empress in an attempt to calm the situation down before it was too late.

To: Empress Hoshiko of Japan

I am sending this message to prove that I am different from how my mother was. War has a way of changing a person and luckily she was able to step down herself before things did get out of hand. It is one of our customs as well to never threaten ones culture and she crossed that line and was stripped of her titles and at the moment is trying to atone for what she had done. We are not the genocidal monsters you might think we are and I want to prove that by trying to calm down this situation before it is too late. It is possible for us to come to an agreement about what is to be done with the former Macau lands but I must know that you are willing to find a solution diplomatically first before using force.

Meanwhile as a new Cold War between Shanghai and Japan started Jordan and the rest of Delta Squad were sent on an extremely important mission to the main island of Macau using their private jet to rescue their friend Jake who had a hard drive which contained intel about the MHC terrorist group and proved that they were behind the other wars as well as the fall of the Indian and Macau governments. Jake had attacked the MHC HQ in Macau and managed to take the hard drive which had all of the intel on it needed to prove they were guilty of starting all of the other wars as well as trying to start another one there between Shanghai and Japan. "This intel is of high importance Jordan. After we got back from Alvonia Jake was sent on a mission to track down MHC. He found their base in Macau just as they took out the Macau government and now they are hunting him down. You need to make sure that he gets out of Macau safely with that intel and then we might be able to prove to the Japanese and everyone else that we are not the real enemies here and that the MHC and trying to destroy us all."

"What about the Japaneses? What if they are being manipulated just like the Russian Emperor was?"

"Let me worry about them Jordan. If you can manage to secure the hard drive you should be able to copy the data and send it to the Japanese leadership before the situation gets out of hand."

"We will make sure he gets home safe Jesse. We get that hard drive and we will be able to stop this new war before it starts."

"Good luck. To all of you."

The Imperium lines in Liaoning began moving towards the border, finally about to use their new weaponry, or so they were told at least. likewise the Imperium forces in made their way through Guangdong to the border with Fujian. troops in Guangxi sat upon the border with Shanghai, ready to move upon a moments notice. The plan was for a false flag operation, careful research was put into Shanghais weaponry and a thirty man team of the Special Forces Group was sent behind Shanghai lines in order to properly set up evidence of the Shanghai forces launching the first attack. Troops stood antsy and anxious upon the borders of Shanghai, some their first taste of battle, most having memories of the attacks upon the home islands, easily the largest recruiting boon for the Imperium since the Great War that led to the current state of the world.

To: Emperor Jesse of Shanghai

Our actions are not entirely about your mother's comments, the fact that nearly 800 million people currently are under control of a dragon is cause for alarm, we banished such creatures once before from our world, and though I am alleged to have descended from one, I do not believe that man should live under the rule of anything but man. As such I cannot with good conscience allow the already bloated Shanghai to continue to subvert the Chinese people. Your people may have come from here in ancient times, but it is the time of Man, no longer the time of Beast.

-Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of Japan and Joeson, Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure

OOC: consider this message to have been just after the special forces team entered Shanghai, based upon that spy roll I will either begin the war, or look very foolish :P

Edited by Mogar

OOC: Gonna post a reply from Emperor Jesse as well as the last part of the Delta Squad post in case you missed what happened.

In a Public Statement Emperor Jesse would deny the Japanese Ultimatum. If the Japanese truely wanted to face the 400,000 strong of Shanghai as well as SEATO and anyone else who wanted to join in than the time was now. Emperor Jesse was not going to back down from petty threats and would make sure the Japanese and everyone else knew it.

To: Empress Hoshiko of Japan and Joseon

I can assure you Empress that I do care about the Chinese people and all the people of Asia perhaps even more than you do. My great grandfather did not rule over Shanghai because he was of some royal bloodline but because the people chose him, they trusted him and knew that he was the best one to lead them. It was the same case with my mother after the nuclear war ended and it is the same with me. The people chose me to lead them long before I ever did become Emperor and if you think I am going to "step down" just because you don't seem to like me or my people than you have another thing coming. We will not back down from your threats and if your forces do attack it will only prove you are in league with those intending to destroy SEATO and the rest of Asia. I am not going to make the same mistake my mother did but if you do not back down than we will fight back. It is up to you now to decide whether there is peace or war. If you truely care about the people of Japan and the rest of Asia than there will be no war but whichever you choose you better pray it is the right decision.

Meanwhile after Jordan and Nathan rescued Jake from the MHC forces in Macau he would plug in the usb hard drive to the computer on the plane as they were getting closer to Shanghai and a lot of data would appear on the screen. John was simply amazed by all the data he had gathered. "I dont even know where to begin."

"They call their leader the Master." Jake said to them. "We have no idea who he or she is or where their leader comes from but so far their goal seems to be the destruction of SEATO and the rest of Asia." There was also data there that shows they had agents helping Lady Upyr to manipulate the Russian Emperor to start the war against them as well as data that showed they were responsible for the dissapearence of the Indian and Gunwai governments as well as the Macau government in order to start a war between Shanghai and Japan.

Jordan knew what had to be done. "Copy the data and send copies of it to the Druk Yul, Japanese, Amur, and Russian governments. They need to know the truth about the MHC and what they have done so we can unite against this common enemy. If we dig deep enough we might be able to find out who is funding them and who this "Master" of theirs really is."

"And what if this data is not enough Jordan?"

"Than it will only prove that the MHC do plan to use the Japanese against Shanghai and the rest of SEATO. Sure Jesse and Maelstrom are Dragons but they do care about the people of Asia and if the Japanese do attack anyways even after we send the data to them than it will only prove that they are being manipulated by the MHC just as the Russians were. For better or worse this will be the beginning of the end."

Edited by jesbro

The team sent behind enemy lines would manage to find themselves on a Shanghai military base, their UAVs jamming the installation's cameras, cutting a hole in a fence they made their way to a row of main battle tanks. the 30 men decided to take a total of six tanks, it would provide enough evidence of an attack without spreading them too thinly, they would use personal radios, staying off the tanks comm systems. "Let's go boys and girls, it's time to start a war." Major Kita said over their radios, closing the commander's hatch upon his tank and reversed through the fence they had just cut a hole through, it would be noticed within moments but by the time the Shanghai military could even realize what would happen they would be at the border.

A few minutes later he opened the hatch once more and shined an infrared flashlight at the Imperium line, signaling them to prepare the surveillance equipment, A few moments later after a single wave of a blue flashlight from the Imperium forces, the Shanghai tanks began firing upon the Imperium line, two Type 10 tanks exploding from being heavily focused, the rest of the Imperium line being peppered with the machine guns mounted upon the tank, with one final barrage the Special Forces Group team would abandon their tanks, three detonating from explosives placed in them, The Imperium tank line having shot at them but blanks to ensure there were no actual casualties on the Imperium side, yet at least.

The footage did not take much editing, it was simply checked to ensure none of the footage that would be released would display the SFG abandonment of their stolen vehicles, the smoke had managed to cover their escape, and thermal imaging would not be publicly released, and in fact destroyed upon confirmation of the mission's success. In total less than 50 Imperium soldiers would be involved in the charade, and they were immediately debriefed and kept in isolation for at least the next two months to ensure that no large mouths would compromise the mission.

Elsewhere however, the attack would be seen as further proof that Shanghai could not be trusted with China's future. It took less than an hour to fully mobilize the massive army waiting in Liaoning for invasion, they had been waiting for almost a month for some action. likewise the troops in Guangdong had wanted to do something besides parade around China.

A two sentence reply would be sent back to Emperor Jesse, attacked with the footage of the attack.

The Imperium is Asia's only hope for a future, even as you talk of peace your forces attacked ours. If you will learn anything about me, it will be that I do not make threats.

:Public:

"...biological contamination from the explosion is expected to be clear within 48 hours, residents of Tokyo are advised to remain indoors until then. In the weather news, expect sunny skies tomorrow-Wait, This just in, The Principality of Shanghai has attacked Imperium of Japan forces securing the former nation of Macau, The Empress has authorized the use of force in response We're just getting in footage the Department of Defense has released from surveillance camera upon the Imperium base in Guangdong that was attacked." the authorized footage would be played on the screen as the newscaster spoke, "This is a clear case of Shanghai aggression against the Imperium, May the gods look favorable upon our soldiers fighting to protect the Freedom of Asia..."

OOC: Force list for clarity.

Liaoning Forces

180,000 Infantry
1,800 Type 10 MBT
1,200 Type 90 MBT
7,000 Type 96 APC
3,000 Type 89 IFV
1,800 artillery pieces of various types

Guangdong Forces

40,000 marines
60,000 soldiers
2,000 Type 10 MBT
1,200 Type 96 APC
1,600 Type 89 IFVs
2,600 Komatsu LAV
120 Type 99 155 mm self-propelled howitzers
240 Type 87 Guntanks
220 Type 87 Armored Reconissance Vehicles

Taiwan

100,000 Marines

100 LCACs

2,000 Strykers

1,200 Type 96 APC

200 RORO ships

:Private:

The plan was explained to Kazuko, and seemed simple enough.

The much larger forced based in Liaoning would focus their efforts upon Hebei, forcing Shanghai to choose between keeping their grip upon Southern China or allow the massive force a straight shot into Beijing and continue southward into Shanghai itself.The Guangdong force would attempt to rush into Fujian in synchronization, with an amphibious assault planned from Taiwan as backup, the Imperium Navy had been sitting in the South China Sea ever since the Persian fleet attempted to enter the Malay Economic Zone, and would not be used in full force to allow it to respond to any potential threats that could arise from the Imperium devoted the majority of its strength to the Chinese Theater.

:Classified, SATINT visible:

The Liaoning forces would surge across the border after a heavy bombardment from their artillery, careful consideration was put into target selection, ensuring that civilian casualties would be kept to a bare minimum, the surveillance from the past month had provided them with most of the locations of the Shanghai military so it was a goal the Imperium Army believed they would be able to keep. Infantry would be kept in vehicles as much as possible, providing protection from chemical and biological agents.

Aerial support was far more heavily focused upon the Southern regions, The Imperium's nine squadrons of F-22 Mōkins racing across the Taiwanese strait to  destroy anything in the air from the Shanghai military, AWACs aircraft would be used to scout for aircraft taking off, and direct the Mōkins to their prey. a further six squadrons of F-15 Slam Eagles and six Squadrons of F-15Js, along with eight squadrons of F-2s would supplement the Mōkins, their goal to remove anything that did not wear a Rising Sun that decided to fly in Imperium airspace. Three squadrons of B-52H were put on alert status, simply waiting for the green light of successful Aerial Dominance to begin bombing the Shanghai runaways.

The Guangdong forces would move far quicker in their lighter vehicles than the Liaoning army, their goal to reach the city of Xiamen in order to secure a beach head for the beginning of the naval assault. Five of the Imperiums Kongō Cruisers would launch a full barrage of high explosive missiles against Shanghai naval bases in the city, as well as the surrounding area's airfields and military bases. a total of 610 missiles would be launched, with the intent of destroying any military defense in the region to allow for the Taiwanese forces to easily make their way into the city and continue on their mission.

Southern Forces:

60,000 soldiers

3,000 Type 99A2 MBT

1,000 ZBL09 Tank Destroyers

1,500 ZBD-08 APCs

100 PLZ-05 artillary pieces

Many Armored transports and other vehicles

Emperor Jesse was in the War Room bunker benieth the Shanghai Palace since the exchange of messages between him and the Japanese Empress. Jordan and the rest of Delta Squad would join him down there while Emperor Jesse made a public statement for the people of Shanghai to get to their shelters and any public bunkers in case the city itself was attacked by nukes or other means. After that he discussed the situation with Lee who was at his Main Base in Southern China located in the city of Ji' an. He didn't believe that his own forces would attack the Japanese lines like that without their orders and they knew that either the MHC or the Japanese were behind it. He would pull back his forces and concentrate on making sure the Japanese did not move any further into Shanghai territory from there.  "Whether they were behind it or not is irrelevent now Lee. The Japanese wanted this war and so we will make sure they pay for every step into Shanghai territory with blood but our problems are not only in the south. Turns out they had an army waiting to attack Beijing and I believe that may be their true target."

"You are probably right about that Jesse. I can pull back my forces out of the Macau region to the area between Ji'an and our Eastern Coast to make sure they dont get any further into our territory than that but the true battle will be for Beijing. We can lose the Macau territory but we cannot lose Beijing. Send your reserve forces to help defend Beijing, I can hold out here long enough for General Chang to drive them back from our northern borders, heck since Amur is part of SEATO they might be able to help us out up there as well."

"You sure you can defend that area down there with what you have Lee?"

"I've been in much worse than this Jesse. You just worry about holding Beijing and making sure that Shanghai itself stays safe through all of this."

Beijing Forces:

200,000 soldiers

50,000 reserve soldiers sent from Shanghai

5,000 Type 99A2 MBT

1,500 ZBL09 Tank Destroyers

2,000 ZBD-08 APCs

200 PLZ-05 artillary pieces

Many Armored transports and other vehicles

General Chang had been fortifying Beijing since it first became part of Shanghai many years ago and was ready for an attack such as this. Most of the Shanghai Air Force and their Chengdu J-10s would be diverted to the north along with Dragon Squadron and Tiger Squadron to help drive the Japanese forces back. They were to engage and destroy any Japanese air forces over northern Shanghai territory and help support the ground forces and break the siege of Beijing itself. As long as Chang and his forces could hold the city the Japanese were not going to get anywhere closer to Shanghai itself. 

"General Chang your orders are to hold Beijing at all costs. If they take Beijing than they will have a streight shot at Shanghai itself. I will see what I can do about getting Druk Yul and Amur support but it will be up to you to hold the fortifications in and around the city and eventually force them back. I have sent some reserve forces to help you defend the city and the area surrounding it. If you can hold the city than we should be able to eventually push them back and force a peace out of it. Good luck General."

The Imperium 1st army in Liaoning moved slowly into Shanghai, the care of which was placed into avoiding civilian casualties made their progress far slowly than a total war scenario would have, but such care would be needed if there was ever any hope of having these same civilians eventually willing participants in the Imperium.

Likewise the Imperium 2nd army had met with success, with an exploratory force headed eastward into the former borders of Guangxi, stopping once they realized any further would overextend themselves, wary of getting too close to Druk Yul and inspiring SEATO to come to Shanghai's aid. Fujian province would find most of its military installations turned into rubble, the naval assault into Fuzhou beginning operations, with the Imperium army from the south and west pushing into the city, retreat to the north would be the only option for any Shanghai military in the city. the HARM(High Altitude Radio Module) originally purposed for propaganda against the Russian Empire would find its first use in the city, hijacking the majority of Radio and TV frequencies, messages would be broadcast constantly informing civilians to remain indoors, and soldiers to surrender peacefully, no one had to die if they did not wish to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kazuko sat in her bedroom, kicking her feet while laying upon her stomach, she kept hitting rewind and watching the video of the Shanghai over and over again. It didn't make sense, why would they speak of peace and then attack with such a small force? The speed of which the Imperium moved northward made it seem as though Shanghai was not expecting a full blown invasion of Shanghai proper. The whole battle plan in fact, something just seemed off, the Imperium Army was looking for a kill against Shanghai. They had been advising her of the constant threats against the Imperium for months now, and yet the Russian Empire's government seemingly imploded without so much as the Imperium breathing in their direction. She finally noticed after pausing and zooming, there was no backup, the alleged invasion force was a half dozen tanks? impossible, there was something else at work here.

She paced around the room thinking before putting her arms on her desk, leaning over at the battle plan and map laid out upon it. "What is it you're hiding?" she asked the paper, it would take her staring at it intensely for ten minutes before she realized the answer. "General Tachibana, you have some explaining to do." she muttered, getting dressed she called for a meeting of her war council, including the good general.

Unfortunately however, she couldn't exactly say "HEY GUYS WAIT A MINUTE!", the war was still happening, and until she could prove his guilt it would have to continue. Twenty minutes later the Imperium War Council had met in the conference room in the Tokyo Palace, A dozen men of various positions from the Minister of Defense, Generals and Admirals.

Kazuko paced around the room, even while they were all seated, "I have gathered you all here to ask one simple question..." her hand running across General Tachibana's shoulder. "You are all my most trusted advisers, chosen for your reliability, and the belief that each of you works for the greater good of the Imperium... no, of Asia, and the world. We all have a responsibility to do what is required to keep those who look to us for security still believing in us, providing them the safety they ask for." Yanking back upon his chair she pressed her foot against Tachibana's chest, her sword at his throat in a flash. "General, why don't you tell me why the Shanghai government elected to attack the Imperium line with a half dozen tanks, and only in a place in which there were cameras, which happened to be in your section of the border?" the tip of the blade digging into his skin.

"I-I-I CAN EXPLAIN!!!" he shouted, the rest of the room frozen in disbelief. "You should speak quickly then, or I will remove your ability to do so." she growled, twisting the blade gently, a trickle of blood starting to leak from his neck. "T-They promised me power, a new world in which Japan rules all of Asia, China, Siberia, India, all the way to Europe under our control. They were going to make us gods!" She let out a soft sigh, "Who promised you this?" growing impatient by the second. "They only said they know the truth about the leaders in Shanghai, that they were false leaders, forcing themselves into undeserved leadership because of a hidden power. They tried to help the government of Macau but they failed to do what was needed, Shanghai is our enemy, I did what was needed! It is impossible to describe what is necessary, to a child like you, to those who do not know what war means." and with that poor choice of words, Kazuko pressed the blade through his throat into the back of the chair, leaving him there to bleed out. "Do not speak to me of the horrors of war, I have more deaths upon my shoulders than your mistake will cost the world."

"Osamu, send this message to Shanghai, I want a ceasefire and our army to stop until we find out who our true enemy is, we just attacked a nation with no provocation, and I am not sure Shanghai or SEATO will be so forgiving unless we actually find those responsible."

Emperor Jesse,
I am writing this to you as I watch a General of mine bleed to death, the pig responsible for the operation that led to the Imperium declaring war upon your nation, I have no words to properly express my apologies to you, and a formal request for a cease fire until we can discover the perpetrators of this farce. The information I had managed to get out of him before he lost his ability to speak was that those responsible for organizing this know the truth behind your family, and did something in Macau that was an attempt to orchestrate an attack against you but that plan did not work out. I am going to be heading to Macau personally to investigate with a team of my most trusted soldiers, and I would like to ask you to join me to find out who is responsible for attempting to bring destruction upon the Imperium and Shanghai.

-Empress Hoshiko.

Edited by Mogar

Jordan did not want Emperor Jesse to go back into the field again just after he became Emperor. "Jesse I know you were our leader but now that you are Emperor it is better if you did not go back into the field again."

"I know you are just trying to keep me safe Jordan but this is something I have to do. Besides you and Nathan will be there with me to make sure I stay safe. We need to find out what the MHC and this Master of theirs is planning and the only way to do that is if we go back to where this war started. We need to go to the MHC base that Jake got that intel from and see if they forgot to wipe anything on their way out."

"What about the war with Japan?"

"There is a temporary ceasefire and in case it does start up again Lee's forces have made a fortified line between Ji'an and the sea. General Chang and his huge army are fortified in and around the city of Beijing and have yet to really engage any Japanese forces. As long as they all stay where they are we will be fine."

Emperor Jesse, Jordan, Nathan, and Jake would board the Delta Squad private jet and would soon be on the way to Macau to meet up with the Japanese Empress and find out what they could from the abandoned MHC base where Jake had gathered a lot of intel on the MHC before they sent mercinaries after him. Emperor Jesse would also send a message to the Japanese Empress to let her know he was going to meet her there.

Empress Hoshiko

I understand the situation and know of the enemy that started this war. It is an orginization called the MHC and they were originally Dragon hunters until their goal seemed to change to one of outright world domination by throwing the world into chaos and then take over themselves. They were the ones responsible for the nuclear attacks on China and Japan as well as manipulating the Russian Emperor to start that other war and were also responsible for the fall of many governments such as the original Macau government and the Indian government. They wont stop until they either take over the world or we kill them first and that is why we must work together if we are to have any chance at defeating this enemy before it is too late. I am heading to Macau right now to meet with you so we can try to find more intel at one of their abandoned bases. See you soon.

-Emperor Jesse

Around two thousand of the Empress's guard covered the Island of Macau, being responsible for her security, this was the first time they had to secure an entire city that was not already incorporated into the Imperium, there was no sign of any of the government of Macau, but Kazuko expected that they would need to wait for her counterpart to join her before anything would reveal itself, not to mention she didn't know where to look. It was hard enough to accept that there were dragons in charge of Shanghai, but after visiting Druk Yul, she had come to terms that anything was possible, or the trauma from commiting mass murder was far worse than she had believed, but either way there was a mystery to solve. She was dressed in civilian clothing, the normal robes far too hot in this weather.  The Empreror would have a car waiting at the airport to bring him to her, she elected to stay at the Venetian Macau, passing the time with light gambling, the irony that any money she spent would simply be returned to her coffers through taxes not lost upon her.

While they were on their way to Macau Jesse would try resending the data about the MHC that Jake had recovered during his previous mission in Macau. He would arrive in his Delta Squad dress uniform which he had not worn for a long time and thought that they were appropriate for the current situation. Jordan and Nathan were in their uniforms as well but had their gear in their packs in case there was some action against the MHC later on while Jake was just in his normal white civilian cloths. Once they were introduced to the Empress and those with her he then let her know what the situation was and what they needed to do if they were going to get a step ahead of the MHC. "There is currently an abandoned warehouse in the Industrial section of the city which the MHC used to store a lot of their data as well as reports on all of their activities as well as what they were planning. My friend Jake managed to retrieve some of that data but was discovered and the rest of Delta Squad had to extract him safely. I already gave you the data that shows the MHC was responsible for those earlier wars as well as the one between us and we can hopefully end it right now by working together to take down the MHC once and for all."

Jake would then tell them about his previous mission. "I was able to get that data about the MHC from the warehouse by infiltrating and hacking one of their systems and although it is abandoned now we might still be able to find more data which the MHC forgot to wipe on their way out. We might be able to find out who is funding them and who their leader really is." 

Jake told them where it was. "The warehouse is by the Harbor. Usually it is used to store cargo containers but the MHC was using it as a base of operations. They probably wiped a lot of data off the computers when they left but if we are lucky they might not have wiped it all." Jordan and Nathan would get into their combat gear on the way to the warehouse while Jake drove the van they were in. Jordan didn't like the dituation and felt like they were falling right into a trap. "You sure you can hack in again Jake once we get there?"

"The computers were still in the warehouse when I circled back around before you guys arrived on the island. The computers were still there even though the MHC people were all gone. Hopefully they were sloppy and forgot to wipe all the data from them."

"And what if they did wipe them all?"

"I should still be able to recover some data anyways. I have trained for situations like this, you are just going to have to trust me."

Meanwhile Jesse rode with the Empress on the way there. He knew the war was not her fault and he in fact blamed himself for a bit of it as well. "It was not your fault Empress. I was trying to protect the people from foreigners that might try to exploit them but I forgot that your people are not as foreign as I thought."

The Empress and the captain of her guards, Kouta Sato, had been quite bored at the casino and were excited to finally be moving, "What do you expect these people to have for weaponry anyway?" she asked Jesse, unsure of anything, "Are they like you, or something else?"

"The MHC terrorists  have been using any weapons they can get their hands on but lately they seem to be using more advanced weapons that Special Forces use. Someone is giving them those advanced weapons and hopefully we will find out who."

Kouta looked at the Empress, "Are you sure you want to go into what could be a trap?" She shrugged, "I've had the same training you have, appearances can be decieving, my fellow ruler can attest to that..." she said before replying to Jesse. "We can call in airstrikes and armor should we require it, the Imperium's fully capabilities are at our disposal for this, we'll catch them, or find out where they're hiding."

"For now we need that warehouse intact if we are going to get anymore useful intel out of it but if my guys find any enemies still there than you can destroy it."

Meanwhile Jake, Jordan, and Nathan made it to the warehouse ahead of the others. Jordan and Nathan would scout out the place to make sure that there were no MHC forces. They gave the all clear signal once they found out the warehouse was still abandoned.

"Of course, just informing you of my plan B should they turn out to have more than our squads can handle, besides, I've been wanting to use this for a while." she said, thumbing her sword out of its seathe and back in over and over, the only sign of her anxiety about their mission.

"My guys just scouted out the warehouse and found no enemies so far. It looks like it is still abandoned just like he said it would be. By the way I like your sword, it looks just like... nevermind. As I said before our people are not as different as you might think."

Jesse thought back to a picture his mother showed him a while ago. Back when the dragons still ruled over much of the world her people were allied with those that inhabited Japan at the time. It was said that dragon blacksmiths made a sword for their leader that had certain properties that made it able to cut through almost anything. The sword in the picture looked exactly like the one the Empress had.

She smiled at the compliment "Thank you it was given to me by another leader as a token of gratitude, it was made almost entirely of scraps from the old world. It served me well during the Taiwan crisis which almost destroyed Japan, and I've just don't like ever letting it leave my side. At least when I have it upon my waist I know I am not defenseless. Silly I know, I've had more in depth training than even these walls of muscle that I have surrounding me, but I just have always prefered blades to guns, if you are going to kill it should be more intimate than simply pulling a trigger or pressing a button."

"My people were the same way but as the world changed we changed with it. My mother still hold onto the old ways and although they are good in a lot of situations sometimes you just have to adapt." Jake would contact Jesse and tell him everything was ready at the warehouse. "I am already hacking into the system. With a bit of luck I should be able to find some useful intel we can use against the MHC."

Kazuko shrugged, "My entire nation is a blend of the old and the new, American Ideals along with Japan's culture is a strange mix, and that's not even getting into what adding Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, and Malay cultures has impacted, not to mention the French and Tikalese influences upon us. I bet if you told me upon my coronation day there would be pyramid structures in Japan I would have believed you to be crazy. Though after meeting your mother and finding out about your family, perhaps I am the crazy one." She said teasingly.

"Dragons and humans did not always dislike each other. We used to to share the world as equals but something happened to shatter that peace. Perhaps she may tell me what happened one day but for now lets focus on the mission at hand." Once they arrived Jesse would head to where Jake was. For a warehouse that was supposed to hold a lot of shipping containers there really was not that many containers. Instead they found a lot of computer servers that the MHC used to store their data. "How it is going Jake?"

"I'm in. There are some bank statments here that help me find out... OH BOY." Jake said with a worried look on his face. "The MHC have receieved a lot of money from a bank account tied to the Atlas Corporation owned by Henry Ching."

"Isn't the Atlas Corporation based in Shanghai?"

Jesse answered her. "They have bases all over the world. The worst part of this is Henry though because he is..."

Jake finished for him. "My father."

"Jake I thought your father joined Maelstrom when we helped him long ago?"

Her eyes widened, "And  shouldn't than mean he is... of your kind then? why would he be supporting a group that wants to take out your country?" choosing her words carefully since her men were obviously kept in the dark of the true form of their present company.

"My father seemed to have joined Maelstrom when he took over Druk Yul many years ago but maybe he was just manipulating him the entire time. We need to go confront him in Shangri-La to figure this out."

"We don't know if Jake's father is a dragon or not." Jesse told her. "But at this point anything is possible. Jake is right, we need to go confront him at his HQ in Shangri-La to find out what he is hideing."

Kouta gave Kazuko a look of surprise, she simply shook her head at him and continued, "Manipulating Maelstrom though? that seems farfetched considering what I can remember from my visit, he seems to be quite the skilled manipulator himself... and apologies if I offended, I just assumed those in your inner circle are like you."

"We never really knew much about Jake's father to begin with. Just because he might be funding the MHC does not mean he is a dragon but if so... lets just say there probably was a reason a lot of the other humans see us as monsters and this could be a part of it."

Jake was not believing what was going on while they were on their way to Druk Yul. Was his father helping the MHC the entire time including the nuclear attacks? Was he really a Dragon like the Japanese Empress suspected? He didn't want to think about it but he knew what needed to be done. If his father was helping the MHC than he needed to be stopped one way or another.

"Is Maelstrom going to be here, or just your father? We may need backup considering what he has at his disposal and I doubt me sending my army into Druk Yul would go over  
"No." Jesse said. "That would only start another war which is something we really dont need right now. Jake just contacted him to let him know he wanted to go see him and that I wanted to meet with him to discuss some other stuff. If he found out what was really going on he might leave and then we may never find him. Atlas is a Military Company and for all they know the war has not ended yet because there was no official peace treaty so right now he thinks I want his help to end the war."

She frowned, wondering if they were walking playing into their opponents hand, "He might be in for a surprise when I am arriving with you..."

"With your civilian cloths he might think you are my assistant. Either way as long as he is still there we have him right where we want him. Jordan and Nathan will be with us in case there is trouble but I have a feeling he wont attack us and if he does... well you are not the only one with great combat training."

Once they arrived they would drive to the Atlas building in Downtown Shangri-La. "Jake are you sure you are ready for this?"

"I am tired of the MHC and all of the lies. If he is really responsible for all of this I want to hear him say it personally."

"Should I disarm myself, or be prepared for anything? First time doing something like this after all." Kazuko said a bit nervously, it wouldn't be her first confrontation with an enemy, but certainly the first she was ever on their own territory.

"Keep the sword. If he does recognize it he will see just how serious the situation really is and will know what I intend to do to him if he really is funding the MHC."

She nodded and would follow them, getting into character for the role she was to play.

Meanwhile Henry actually knew what was going on the entire time. He knew they were really coming to confront him and was ready for it. He had nothing to hide from them or his son and he wanted them to know it. "Give the workers the rest of the day off. I will lock up once I am done with my "appointment"."

"Yes sir."

When they arrived they would be lead to Henry's office at the top of the skyscraper. He also told his security to leave as well so it would just be Henry, Jake, Jesse, Empress Hoshiko, Jordan, and Nathan. He knew why they were there and he was perpared. "Hellow Jesse. It is so good to see you again. The fact you brought the Japanese Empress here is a little surprising since it was technically her you were at war with."

"That is just it Henry. War has a way of changing people, however with how empty the building is I assume you already found out why we are really here."

"Not to mention, we were only at war due to your little birdy you placed in my military, I would guess you know he won't be tweeting any more songs to you though."

"Information travels fast Jesse. I already know that my son was looking for the truth when he hacked into that warehouse the first time. I knew you would all be coming for answers and the reason I am still here is because I have nothing to hide."

"The General had served his purpose."

"So why did you do it father? Why are you helping the MHC destroy all of Asia?!" Jake yelled at him.

"The MHC are merely tools to an end. There is a story to my purpose if you care to listen."

"We're listening."

Kazuko stayed silent, assuming this would be more history she needed to know.

"Long ago the Dragpn race was at peace with the humans. However as time went on the humans started to see us as threats and were planning to eventually wipe us all out."

"I pleaded with Mei and told her that we needed to strike first before the humans could kill us but she still believed in the ways of her father. She believed we were meant to help the humans evolve and become more like us but as the years passed the humans became increasingly violent towards us."

"Eventually me and my followers turned against Mei and started a civil war within our race for control of the world. It was at that time that the humans decided to strike and it soon became a three-way war for the world."

"The humans nearly wiped us out but many of us managed to escape and start over. Eventually our race started mixing with humans that accepted us and we were able to change into human forms so we could live with them."

"My people however never forgot the war and swore we would eventually retake the world that was rightfully ours to begin with. The humans however continued to become more and more violent and eventually with no enemies for them to unite against they instead turned on each other."

"Our race became nothing but myths and legends but soon that will change. Even now there are more of us all over the world watching and waiting for our time to strike back and retake what was ours."

Jesse however disagreed. "Not unless I stop you first. There is nowhere for you to run Henry!"

"If I have learned anything as a leader, it's that violence only brings forth more violence, what makes you believe that humans will lie down and let you?"

"Because in the end you will have no choice." He then quickly changed into his dragon form but before anyone else could react they heard huge explosions coming from below.

The building had started to tip over and Henry flew out the glass window and flew away while Jesse changed into his dragon form and grabbed the Empress and Jordan. She would tense up but realize it was the only way she was getting out of this alive, "We can't let him away away!" she shouted, hoping he could hear her voice over the wind and explosions rocking the building.

It looked like Nathan and Jake were going to fall to their deaths but at the last second Mei and Lee swooped in and saved them. "I thought you were still holding the line in Macau?!" Jesse asked Lee.

"Mei told me what you were planning to do here in Shangri-La so I knew you would need my help. She can answer some of your questions once we find a safe place to touch down."

"What about Henry?!" Jordan asked.

"He is long gone. You guys would have died if I went after him instead."

"But with Henry still out there the MHC will continue to kill more people."

"We will get him eventually but right now we need to make sure the Empress is safe. Henry will show himself again and when he does we will be ready."

Feeling the explosion.. feeling parts of him die.. Maelstrom grew a bit of a headache. He felt one who had been close to him and who yet was now not running across his surface a distance away. While Henry was running to make his escape.. a grey dragon with six wings would appear before him. "You are running from an explosion at your own abode... " Maelstrom's jade eyes narrowed, "Why have you betrayed me Henry?" Fortunately for Henry.. Maelstrom was not actually present to impede him or he would have run right into the dragon and not through his image in his escape.

Even as he ran images of Maelstrom would seem to pop up here and there along his route, watching him run like a coward from his flight. "You will not escape me Henry. I will follow you to the ends of this world..." The Dreamer's voice echoed seemingly from every direction. "You have betrayed your kind. When it is all said and done.. I will devour your heart!" It would only end when Henry found his escape vehicle and was free of Druk Yul borders.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Once everyone was safely back on the ground Jesse would ask Mei what she knew about Henry. "From what he said up there he seemed to know you. What is it you are not telling me."

Mei looked at both him and Empress Hoshiko and knew they deserved the answer. "I knew him over 5000 years ago when our empire spanned across the globe. He was known by a different name back then and I never saw his human form so I didn't know it was really him until now. He always saw the humans as threats to our existance. He would turn against me with a group of followers and their faction was called The Dark Claw. The Dark Claw only has one goal and that is to take over the world. They believe our race was destined to rule the world but they are blind to the truth, we were meant to share the world with the humans but they always saw the humans as a violent species and they are right. Both of our species can be violent but we also have many good traits and our races can be allies once more."

Lee was not entirely convinced. "It was the MHC that attacked us and if we revealed ourselves to the world the other human nations would attack us as well. Are you sure they are ready for us to reveal ourselves without trying to destroy us?"

"Not yet Lee but soon that time will be upon us and we will need to reveal ourselves if we are to have any chance for survival. There is a reason the humans seemed to always see us as monsters. The Dark Claw is that reason and they will not stop until they destroy the humans and take over the world. The only way we will be able to stop them is if we unite with the other human nations as we did in the past." Mei then looked directly at Empress Hoshiko. "Are you and your people ready to unite with us and the rest of SEATO against this common enemy? Are you willing to do what needs to be done in order to save Asia and the rest of the world from these terrorists?!"

Edited by jesbro

Jesse would answer that question. "It appears that you were duped by Henry just like the rest of us which I didn't think was even possible. No one knew he was really one of the ones backing the MHC until his son Jake helped us find data that prooved it in Macau."

Jake would continue. "I am sorry to everyone for all of this. I should know him more than anyone else but even I didn't know that he was truely one of the ones behind all of this until I found that data in Macau. He must have had is mind focused on other stuff enough to where you didn't even know what he was really doing until now. If anything it makes me feel responsible for what has happened which is why I won't stop until we capture or kill him and destroy the MHC once and for all!"

Edited by jesbro

"The answer is simple Jake. He is not my Dream. I trusted him. He shares your dreamer. I can only see into the minds of my own dreams and somewhat into those they are related to directly or those in very close proximity so that I can discern their dreamer's actions. Henry is a primary dream function, just as you are. He's much more developed than others. Sometimes his dreamer takes his thoughts off radar to develop the story. It keeps reality interesting. Doesn't mean I do not want to destroy Henry any less knowing the mechanic however." He smiles.. "And Henry knows that, which is why he fled Druk Yul. He would be at threat of his life anywhere within my domain. The farther I am from the source of my power in this world the weaker I become."

Once everyone was safely back on the ground Jesse would ask Mei what she knew about Henry. "From what he said up there he seemed to know you. What is it you are not telling me."

Mei looked at both him and Empress Hoshiko and knew they deserved the answer. "I knew him over 5000 years ago when our empire spanned across the globe. He was known by a different name back then and I never saw his human form so I didn't know it was really him until now. He always saw the humans as threats to our existance. He would turn against me with a group of followers and their faction was called The Dark Claw. The Dark Claw only has one goal and that is to take over the world. They believe our race was destined to rule the world but they are blind to the truth, we were meant to share the world with the humans but they always saw the humans as a violent species and they are right. Both of our species can be violent but we also have many good traits and our races can be allies once more."

Lee was not entirely convinced. "It was the MHC that attacked us and if we revealed ourselves to the world the other human nations would attack us as well. Are you sure they are ready for us to reveal ourselves without trying to destroy us?"

"Not yet Lee but soon that time will be upon us and we will need to reveal ourselves if we are to have any chance for survival. There is a reason the humans seemed to always see us as monsters. The Dark Claw is that reason and they will not stop until they destroy the humans and take over the world. The only way we will be able to stop them is if we unite with the other human nations as we did in the past." Mei then looked directly at Empress Hoshiko. "Are you and your people ready to unite with us and the rest of SEATO against this common enemy? Are you willing to do what needs to be done in order to save Asia and the rest of the world from these terrorists?!"

Kazuko was lost for words at the deluge of information after a few moments pause she would answer honestly. "I sincerely doubt humans will ever accept dragons without swiftly uniting to destroy them once again. I am prepared to defend Asia and the world from our common enemy, but I strongly advise you to tread carefully upon who you tell about your true forms, I would be removed if I ever told anyone that I believed you were dragons, and I do not believe most leaders would be as open as I am in belief of the unnatural."

"I'm aware of that." He addressed Kazuko, "But I am not like Jesse or Jake here.. or Mei.. or my grandchildren. I'm a bit more complicated than that. Dragon is just another shape to me. That said, I rarely leave Druk Yul unless in a form that will not anger humanity. Truth is, I am everything around you right now. Besides, if you tried to tell anyone else what I was, other than say my faithful followers within this realm, they'd think you were crazy." He slowly backed into the shadow he came from. As he did his body vanished, only his eyes and toothy grin remained.. then finally one eye vanished, then the other leaving that grin hanging in mid air until it too vanished.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

She sighed, deciding she would never understand her neighbors fully, and realizing that she probably did not want to. "While I am here we should discuss a formal peace so the rest of the world can know where we stand and our armies can stop giving each other the stink eye." She'd pull out her cell phone, which double as a holographic projector, and display a map of the former Macau territories, with an overlay of current troop positions and her proposed borders. "This is what my cabinet has suggested be the new borders between our two nations, as our troops have already withdrawn to them and they fit former People's Republic of China's administrative divisions."

IMG_25082014_191146.png

She sighed, deciding she would never understand her neighbors fully, and realizing that she probably did not want to. "While I am here we should discuss a formal peace so the rest of the world can know where we stand and our armies can stop giving each other the stink eye." She'd pull out her cell phone, which double as a holographic projector, and display a map of the former Macau territories, with an overlay of current troop positions and her proposed borders. "This is what my cabinet has suggested be the new borders between our two nations, as our troops have already withdrawn to them and they fit former People's Republic of China's administrative divisions."

IMG_25082014_191146.png

Emperor Jesse agreed. He also hoped they can use this to help bring both nations closer together.  "My government can agree to this as well. Hopefully we can also use this to help destroy the hate between our two nations and bring a new era of peace and prosperity to all of Asia."