Discussion: Make GM Hall A No Discussion Thread

Uberstein

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess this discussion is over? There's still lots of discussion going on in the thread; people jumping in to answer questions poised at the GM's.

We also seem to have a problem where we don't finish discussions.

Would anyone object to me requesting a vote on my proposal? (Obviously that would include poll options for modifications like suggested by Chicago.)

Edited by Uberstein

As long as you follow the proper procedures for requesting the vote, a vote can be had. But I still don't think we need a rule for this. Next time people won't stop being shitheads and want to argue, we'll pause their RP for 48 hours and let them sit while we talk things out on our own time.

So we're going to just have GM's arbitrarily doing things instead of community voted upon rules? I guess now we see the violence inherent in the system.

When did anyone ever support anybody doing anything arbitrarily? The GMs are elected and wield powers given to us by the community from which we are a part. We don't have the power to lock threads. If someone wants to sit there and post 50 pictures of a donkey's cock, they can do so and we can't do shit about it other than report the forum violation. Our powers are related to the RP, and the problem of their impatience and arguing is solved by making it not in their interest to badger the GMs or argue if they want a quick resolution to their problem. If people know that their RP will be paused, they won't sit there and argue. It's a perfect solution that can easily be reversed and causes no long-term harm, in addition to making the job of the GMs easier and more efficient as we can actually sit and discuss things.

Right now it's impossible to find rulings, and everyone and their mother is posting long arguments, or useless "witty" remarks, or alarmist statements. It's absurd.

I propose that two rules be implemented, based off of how rules are implemented.
1. GM's Hall is a no discussion thread, where only the involved parties post their case and, if requested by a GM, clarification of their case. Then a clear ruling should be posted, and that is the end of it. Requests for spy rolls also go in the hall.

2. Should a disagreement with the ruling happen, the disagreeing party starts a discussion thread on a specific ruling. After a minimum of two weeks, which would give time for even the least active players to see the thread, a poll would be held on the ruling. Only a 75% community majority would null the ruling.

Of course we could just scream "no we don't need more rules" and continue the circus that is the current GM's Hall.

I agree with Chicago and Lynneth. I really like your first point but not really the second one. I mean we already vote in the GMs and have constant elections. We don't need to have a referendum on every single ruling. This isn't California :P