This is cute

Daenerys, I do not actually care about that as my damage ratio against him is enough to make me feel warm and fuzy. I just though Samwise would like to know, because although earlier in the round YOU famously re accepted a Nazi themed nation that had sent hate mail, not every AA leader is so....

Let's be polite and say "liberatarian"? But we both really know you'd rather have more pixels in your AA even if it means accepting neofascists.

He has said very offensive things, however I dont feel the need to report as it doesnt actually do anything and I kind of enjoy stomping him. And I enjoy trading insults. What I am concerned for is the potential that he might drive other noobs away from the game. This is a concern for people who care about the future health of the game.

And yes, I am a noob. I have never claimed not to be. I am not sensitive to insults, though why you would associate this trait with a lack of CN experience is beyond me. In fact, I do not see why anyone would consider noob an insult at all. I intend to be an eternal noob as I have a full, busy, and fulfilling RL. I view people who have contempt for noobs, like you seem to, as being very, very sad individuals. In fact, if anyone in true seriousness ever refers to me as a CNTE veteran I will seriously consider deleting my nation and, at the very least, turn off my computer and go have dinner, drinks, and discussion with friends, or go see a movie, somethin!

Being a vet is fine. But being SUCH a vet that you have contempt for or at all look down on people like me who have not yet mastered CN or who simply don't have the time to ever do so, like you express above, tells me your issues have little to do with pixels and everything to do with socialization. I would tell you the issue you should look into but, if I am right, it wouldn't do any good as my hypothesis presupposes your reaction to this suggestion.

*cue you aggressively defending something else that, if you have to explain how you have it, you probably don't* (BTW Sam that was the sort of polite but hostile sarcasm I used after Kasnia's second message, although he did WAY MORE to earn it. I was harsh with Daenarys because her nonsequitorial and noncontributive post mildly defaming me (in her mind, I don't consider it an insult but am aware she meant it as one) was actually her trolling me from another debate we are having)

Edited by John More Dread

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you were supporting the behavior that if its within the rules then its allowed or are you changing your position on your view of morals?

CN rules state that you have to report rule breaking so if you believe the language used was offensive enough to be considered rule breaking then why haven't you reported it yet?

In case you doubted she was trolling me. ^

I am tempted to just let this hang, but I'm not a fan of willful ignorance. But before responding, I would like people to read Daenaerys's above argument and ask yourselves, "is this more likely to be an intellectually honest attack, or an example of someone attacking someone else for everything they post, no matter how weak  the claim.

The simple answer, Daenerys, is that legally the threshhold for harassment is set by the victim, and I do not feel the need.

To say that anything that is allowed by the rules should be considered an acceptable in game tactic  is most clearly not the same thing as mandating an individual's reaction to verbal abuse extralegally, or imposing theoretical or philosophical punishments or requirements on the victims of verbal abuse, and I find it very hard to believe you're stupid enough not to be aware of the distinction.

You can report verbal abuse here http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/forum/20-report-game-abuse/

And no, i know the difference between rules being broken with language or just in game smack talk but its obvious you don't. 

That's what happens when people recognize a quality Alliance. They tend to grow in numbers. Wise words from someone that does a lot of talking.

It must be just a coincidence that your alliance has almost doubled its membership since last round and the new alliance awards give the largest alliances the most advantages. I might do a lot of talking but I'm not the one who does a lot of bs talking.

You can report verbal abuse here http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/forum/20-report-game-abuse/

And no, i know the difference between rules being broken with language or just in game smack talk but its obvious you don't. 

On what do you base this claim?

What I am thinking, and am going to go ahead and say because it's the internet, is

"In fact, on what do you base any of the claims you make, about anything, ever?"

On what do you base this claim?

What I am thinking, and am going to go ahead and say because it's the internet, is

"In fact, on what do you base any of the claims you make, about anything, ever?"

You're not the smartest cookie are you.  How do you come up with so much non-sense to post, I don't think i could even if i tried.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

EDIT: To clarify, Im not actually suggesting you boot Kasnia, but someone needs to explain sportsmanship to him and make it clear that sort of thing is not acceptable. If you want to send hate mail  and have it be ok, join Misfits! (meant in good fun... sort of.)

I know you're extremely sensitive but seriously, we send hate mail now and we're fine with it? You falsely accuse me of lying about our DoW and here you are doing exactly that. I'd ask for proof to support your claim but we both know you don't know what that means.

It must be just a coincidence that your alliance has almost doubled its membership since last round and the new alliance awards give the largest alliances the most advantages. I might do a lot of talking but I'm not the one who does a lot of bs talking.

Every time you talk it usually is BS. We have grown every round since January, and really we were about the same size last round. So no the awards have very little to do with our size.

I am not reading all the drabble above because frankly its mostly BS.

Do we have more money? Some do because some are great builders but believe me our WCs are not optimized because just fought a very tough war with RE and Citadel.

Was this an opportune hit on us when we were in a weakened positioned? We believe it was and some others do as well. The non chalant pre blitz by some and the way the D1 government handled at least hint at, and support some viewpoints, that this was not really meant as an AA wide war but merely one to take out our top nations for Stevie to grab casualties. Will it work we shall see if history tells us one thing I always have cards to play and tricks up my sleeve ( I say that as a personal remark and one not representative of WD)

Will we fight? I think our pre blitz attack proved that we will. 

This war had to happen I just take issue to the timing of it and then the hiding behind the its the last two weeks of the round. If that was true why not hit bigger opponents such as TPC or others? I and a few think it was a personal decision.

In closing I have no ill will towards Stevie but I do hold D1 responsible for its actions. Take it however you wish but God forgives I do not.

Edited by paul711

Do we have more money? Some do because some are great builders but believe me our WCs are not optimized because just fought a very tough war with RE and Citadel.

Was this an opportune hit on us when we were in a weakened positioned? We believe it was and some others do as well. The non chalant pre blitz by some and the way the D1 government handled at least hint at, and support some viewpoints, that this was not really meant as an AA wide war but merely one to take out our top nations for Stevie to grab casualties. Will it work we shall see if history tells us one thing I always have cards to play and tricks up my sleeve ( I say that as a personal remark and one not representative of WD)

This war had to happen I just take issue to the timing of it and then the hiding behind the its the last two weeks of the round. If that was true why not hit bigger opponents such as TPC or others? I and a few think it was a personal decision.

In closing I have no ill will towards Stevie but I do hold D1 responsible for its actions. Take it however you wish but God forgives I do not.

Some things never change. Protip: No one wants your "forgiveness," paul711. 

You can spin my words however you like. My nation isn't at prewar numbers, my warchest isn't at prewar numbers. Hell I didn't even make it back to my peak infra, yet my nation in still in better shape than most in War Doves. This was an opportunist hit on us, and it's a downdeclare to boot because D1 figured it'd be their best shot at getting revenge for our war earlier this round. At least when we hit you guys, we made sure the numbers were fair.

And I'm not sure why you're sticking up for D1. You only joined them hoping they would get the top soldier/infra killed awards due to their size, not realizing you joined a Skaro 2.0. If you're in D1 next round, I'll be pretty damned surprised.

I know all of you aren't sitting on large sums of cash and that is obvious but its also obvious you have many members that are and those are who i was referring too. Many D1 members would likely have the same size war chest levels but they've spent a lot of that on pixels and no one is stopping the cashed up doves from doing the same. But sure its a slight down declare, the nukes have evened out within half a day or so and the NS gap is closing, you had a day less to rebuild but otherwise i don't see any problem. I think you're just overreacting and besides, its the end of round war and aren't they Skaro 2.0. I'd look at it as a challenge!

B-)

HOW does SKARO got to be even mentioned here...?  My Lord...!?!  :facepalm:    :wacko:

A SKARO 2.0, Sam...???   We had one not long ago and just another recently...

ofcourse none of 'em paid for Using our name and ,,, We took over our properties there...Lol! :gun:

when a lot of bad friends here  were sure it was to be our demise...!

Daenerys's right... to call SKARO 2.0 Defcon-1 or ANY other AA would prove to be a very challenging thing

to maintain and live Up to...  :smug:  And, Sam, Remember that SKARO when it was the Bigger AA on TE record,

You and WDs,  RE, NDO and others made a number on us and we weren't as "Good" or well  prepared

as you are now...   AND WE SURVIVED IT!!!    I believe you can too now...! :popcorn: :excl: :smug:

Edited by HDSupreme

Every time you talk it usually is BS. We have grown every round since January, and really we were about the same size last round. So no the awards have very little to do with our size.

More BS, your numbers were around the mid 20's last round.

You're about as paranoid as they get alright.

Id say on average you guys have more money. Well until Auctor bought to 7k infra anyways.

As for the opportune hit? You gotta be joking. You were well out of NA, with most of you back to your peak infra. I was pushing to war on the 30th. Cowboy decided we go on the 1st. Nonchalant pre blitz?? More like premature noob blitz to me. And we ended up going in on the 31st.

I dont see how hitting you has anything to do with trying to get me casualties. All my casualties have been EARNED by myself.

This is a pretty fair war regardless of the timing anyways. It is understandable for people not to see the whole picture, but go ahead and do a count of MP, SDI, HNMS, WRC comparing Defcon1 to WD.

To: Cowboy    From: Wrangler Joe    DATEarrow-10x10.png7/28/2014 12:36:57 AM

Subject: War

Message: We should go to war soon. I think hit War Doves or maybe TPC.

most of us are ready? 30th or 31st?

To: Inspector Lestrade    From: Wrangler Joe    DATEarrow-10x10.png7/30/2014 12:35:42 AM

Subject: RE: Too tempting...

Message: wanted to fit 2 rounds of war in, doesnt look like it will happen :(

To: Wrangler Joe    From: Inspector Lestrade    DATEarrow-10x10.png: 7/30/2014 12:37:23 AM

Subject: RE: Too tempting...

Message: Two rounds prior to reset? Doable STARTINGarrow-10x10.png tomorrow, if my sleep-deprived math serves.

It really wasn't necessary to prove paul is wrong again, his big and paranoid ego does all his thinking for him.

They're nothing but liars and manipulators trying to make out everyone else is like them.

I know you're extremely sensitive but seriously, we send hate mail now and we're fine with it? You falsely accuse me of lying about our DoW and here you are doing exactly that. I'd ask for proof to support your claim but we both know you don't know what that means.

At the beginning of the round you had a nation banned for sending antisemitic messages to numerous AA leaders. You allowed this nation to rejoin your ranks. When called on it, your response was, and I quote, "deal with it" This is in another discussion further down in the forum, which I will gladly link if you are foolish enough to dispute it.

I'm actually not sensitive at all, though you'd have no way of knowing this, since you don't know a thing about me.

It seems you just say vicious things without any actual evidence, asking yourself not "is this true" "will people believe this" or "do I even really believe this", but "will it get me the attention I desperately crave?"

You say "usually", as if to imply that Daenarys has made at least a few posts that  were NOT histrionic malarky. Could you send me a link? I would love to read them but can't seem to find them at all.

PAUL, regarding the  DEFCON/WD war, it was indeed meant as a total war and this was mentioned well before we launched it. In fact, widespread awareness within our AA of our  incipient war plans was WHY some nations jumped the gun.

Was it personal? I had this thought as well given your artistic and aesthetic coldcocking of our middle tier earlier in the round. I have no idea if it was personal, but would also point out that we were the #2 AA and you the #1. Any other  war you fought, you would have MORE of an advantage in, so I feel like this is the "fairest" (for the absurd, Stalinistic value of "fair" I so object to) struggle you could have been involved in.

At the beginning of the round you had a nation banned for sending antisemitic messages to numerous AA leaders. You allowed this nation to rejoin your ranks. When called on it, your response was, and I quote, "deal with it" This is in another discussion further down in the forum, which I will gladly link if you are foolish enough to dispute it.

I'm actually not sensitive at all, though you'd have no way of knowing this, since you don't know a thing about me.

It seems you just say vicious things without any actual evidence, asking yourself not "is this true" "will people believe this" or "do I even really believe this", but "will it get me the attention I desperately crave?"

You say "usually", as if to imply that Daenarys has made at least a few posts that  were NOT histrionic malarky. Could you send me a link? I would love to read them but can't seem to find them at all.

PAUL, regarding the  DEFCON/WD war, it was indeed meant as a total war and this was mentioned well before we launched it. In fact, widespread awareness within our AA of our  incipient war plans was WHY some nations jumped the gun.

Was it personal? I had this thought as well given your artistic and aesthetic coldcocking of our middle tier earlier in the round. I have no idea if it was personal, but would also point out that we were the #2 AA and you the #1. Any other  war you fought, you would have MORE of an advantage in, so I feel like this is the "fairest" (for the absurd, Stalinistic value of "fair" I so object to) struggle you could have been involved in.

Please do link me your source so i can prove you're once again wrong and a liar.

Id say on average you guys have more money. Well until Auctor bought to 7k infra anyways.

As for the opportune hit? You gotta be joking. You were well out of NA, with most of you back to your peak infra. I was pushing to war on the 30th. Cowboy decided we go on the 1st. Nonchalant pre blitz?? More like premature noob blitz to me. And we ended up going in on the 31st.

I dont see how hitting you has anything to do with trying to get me casualties. All my casualties have been EARNED by myself.

This is a pretty fair war regardless of the timing anyways. It is understandable for people not to see the whole picture, but go ahead and do a count of MP, SDI, HNMS, WRC comparing Defcon1 to WD.

Agreed completely... except for one thing... Wrangler Joe, you have requested that I do things to keep my opponent's casualties down, and are deliberately trying to raise your own. Your communications with me regarding Auctor state that you think he is going for casualties and want to prevent him from getting them while maximizing your own, even being willing to sacrifice a day of GA's so you can nuke back to back and, I quote, "double nuke at update means you hit him for 2 nukes but only 1 lot of casualties :P" (I just went ahead and nuked so this is no longer sensitive)

What anybody gets out of gaming casualties is beyond me. It's sort of like joining the Army with the goal of getting a purple heart. But, if you are not gaming the casualty system, then what do you get out of minimizing Auctor's losses and attempting to increase your own, which seems rather counterintuitive. Is there some part of the game I am missing where fighting less than optimally to minimize your enemy's casualties will somehow help your AA win a war more effectively? Does the casualty stat give a hidden bonus like apparently some other things do? I'm not trying to be overly critical, I just don't understand the desire for casualties, or for your opponent to have less.

Also, I would add to "MP, SDI, HNMS, WRC" that most of their top guys have CIAs and few of ours do.

And Daen, my mistake, that was apparently Skaro that had the nazi, I was getting your two AAs confused regarding that.  My other points however, still stand.

ALthough really on this discussion they have been along the lines of "why are you trolling me?" and "do you really crave attention this badly" your continued insistance in inserting yourself into debates I am present in that are irrelevant to you answers the latter, which in turn answers the former.

But I think it's cute that you've taken enough of a liking to me to follow me around the boards. Since it doesn't seem your psychological makeup distinguishes between love and hate, admiration and vitriol, but instead merely expresses them as hostile intensity to the world, I am flattered that I have so captured such a large portion of your CN related attention.

But if I'm gonna have a CN love/hate/date, I'd much rather it be Samwise (again, if you're a dude, I'm joking. In fact, I'm joking either way lol) so I am afraid I am going to have to express a lack of interest in this "Thing" you appear to want to get going between us.

You should try Wrangler Joe, I think he might enjoy having an archnemesis, and may be in the market for one? (just teasing WJ :P You're abrasive but your heart is in the right place)

Agreed completely... except for one thing... Wrangler Joe, you have requested that I do things to keep my opponent's casualties down, and are deliberately trying to raise your own. Your communications with me regarding Auctor state that you think he is going for casualties and want to prevent him from getting them while maximizing your own, even being willing to sacrifice a day of GA's so you can nuke back to back and, I quote, "double nuke at update means you hit him for 2 nukes but only 1 lot of casualties :P" (I just went ahead and nuked so this is no longer sensitive)

What anybody gets out of gaming casualties is beyond me. It's sort of like joining the Army with the goal of getting a purple heart. But, if you are not gaming the casualty system, then what do you get out of minimizing Auctor's losses and attempting to increase your own, which seems rather counterintuitive. Is there some part of the game I am missing where fighting less than optimally to minimize your enemy's casualties will somehow help your AA win a war more effectively? Does the casualty stat give a hidden bonus like apparently some other things do? I'm not trying to be overly critical, I just don't understand the desire for casualties, or for your opponent to have less.

Also, I would add to "MP, SDI, HNMS, WRC" that most of their top guys have CIAs and few of ours do.

Has anyone else noticed this noob constantly defends the Doves but attacks those who defend his own alliance. I think your ego might just top pauls and I personally would never want to be in the same alliance with you. You can never trust someone like you.

This also goes back to your views on morals: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/123200-declaration-of-war/?p=3290569

You sure do a lot of crying about what people shouldn't do but you support any behavior that is within the game rules.

The hypocrisy  :facepalm:  and if you really think the Doves aren't using every resource and strategy at their disposal within the rules to beat out stevieg for the casualties flag then you simply don't know how competitive games work.

You got a lot to learn brother, lol