This is cute

http://tournament.cybernations.net/alliance_wars.asp?ID=16

For anybody who's awake, we were officially at peace on the 26th of this month, so we're not even a week out of war. Is this another one of those cases where you hit a soft target because you were supposedly light on lunch money? 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, they're tech raiding you  :P

One more opportunity to get more alliance casualties and destroyed infra if you ask me  :ehm:

They should have put #nohomo as war reason, this way it looks like some grudge war or something.

Hahaha, they're tech raiding you  :P

One more opportunity to get more alliance casualties and destroyed infra if you ask me  :ehm:

They should have put #nohomo as war reason, this way it looks like some grudge war or something.

Either way deliberate war with premature blitzing or a tech raid, we are not the best bunch to fool with.

LOL, they really declared all out war. Hahahaha.

You don't "raid" multiple targets in a large alliance en masse and coordinated 'by accident' -- and have to dealwith what come's on the other side of your own decision ..

More names for Santa's list

yourethereasonsantahasanaughtylist1.jpg Edited by Rayvon

Either way deliberate war with premature blitzing or a tech raid, we are not the best bunch to fool with.

You're a fool I fool with all the time, you damned fool.

Edited by Highroad

http://tournament.cybernations.net/alliance_wars.asp?ID=16

For anybody who's awake, we were officially at peace on the 26th of this month, so we're not even a week out of war. Is this another one of those cases where you hit a soft target because you were supposedly light on lunch money? 

D1's last wars were officially at peace on the 25th of July meaning you got 1 day less to prepare. You made a thread over a 1 day difference!

D1's last wars were officially at peace on the 25th of July meaning you got 1 day less to prepare. You made a thread over a 1 day difference!

We really wanted to hit you, So the war with Defcon1 is kind of a dissapointment all around. :gun:

We really wanted to hit you, So the war with Defcon1 is kind of a dissapointment all around. :gun:

We all know paul pulls sams strings so we were expecting it and we were going to move on you guys before you could on us but D1 hit first and the early warning had ruined any effective blitz by letting you militarize. ^_^

Defcon 1 also purposely hit a soft target whereas we declared an actual war. Take a look at our growth charts for our previous wars and you'll see they took minimal damage and we shed half our NS. We're no where near close to being rebuilt and that's why they chose to hit now. That's okay. We can play that way too if D1 wishes.

Defcon 1 also purposely hit a soft target whereas we declared an actual war. Take a look at our growth charts for our previous wars and you'll see they took minimal damage and we shed half our NS. We're My nation is no where near close to being rebuilt and that's why they chose to hit now. That's okay. We can play that way too if D1 wishes.

????

You hit a hard target for your most recent war, yes, similar to what TPC did in updeclaring. Flip side of taking on a whole lot more NS means that although you took a lot of damage you were able to kill many Infras and Soldiers. In addition, much like TPC, when you have decent cash levels you can bounce right back. I guarantee you, that WD has more cash on average per nation than Defcon1.

I dont even know why you against this. In all reality its more infra and soldiers for you to kill. There is less than 2 weeks left. You are all well out of Nuclear Anarchy. At this stage of the game arguing downdeclare based on our nukes and ANS is just childish!

Edited by StevieG

We all know paul pulls sams strings so we were expecting it and we were going to move on you guys before you could on us but D1 hit first and the early warning had ruined any effective blitz by letting you militarize. ^_^

No body is pulling Sam's strings. Sam puts a lot of work into Wds, and has been doing so the entire time I have been there. I would have rather just let my actions speak than to ramble on at every opportunity.

????

You hit a hard target for your most recent war, yes, similar to what TPC did in updeclaring. Flip side of taking on a whole lot more NS means that although you took a lot of damage you were able to kill many Infras and Soldiers. In addition, much like TPC, when you have decent cash levels you can bounce right back. I guarantee you, that WD has more cash on average per nation than Defcon1.

I dont even know why you against this. In all reality its more infra and soldiers for you to kill. There is less than 2 weeks left. You are all well out of Nuclear Anarchy. At this stage of the game arguing downdeclare based on our nukes and ANS is just childish!

You can spin my words however you like. My nation isn't at prewar numbers, my warchest isn't at prewar numbers. Hell I didn't even make it back to my peak infra, yet my nation in still in better shape than most in War Doves. This was an opportunist hit on us, and it's a downdeclare to boot because D1 figured it'd be their best shot at getting revenge for our war earlier this round. At least when we hit you guys, we made sure the numbers were fair.

And I'm not sure why you're sticking up for D1. You only joined them hoping they would get the top soldier/infra killed awards due to their size, not realizing you joined a Skaro 2.0. If you're in D1 next round, I'll be pretty damned surprised.

Defcon 1 also purposely hit a soft target whereas we declared an actual war. Take a look at our growth charts for our previous wars and you'll see they took minimal damage and we shed half our NS. We're no where near close to being rebuilt and that's why they chose to hit now. That's okay. We can play that way too if D1 wishes.

But you didn't make a thread about D1 having an easier war than you guys did but in all serious if this can now be used as unfair then nearly half of TE wars are unfair since many alliances have easier wars than their next opponents wars. Its a lame excuse basically, and just like what has been said, stats can be suppressed if your keeping your NS in your war chest and all the vets do it. Get your members to start spending their money and you'll see the stats equal out.

No body is pulling Sam's strings. Sam puts a lot of work into Wds, and has been doing so the entire time I have been there. I would have rather just let my actions speak than to ramble on at every opportunity.

You out number us by 31 nations so i don't think it takes any bravery to talk the talk but it seems it does to walk the walk.

That's what happens when people recognize a quality Alliance. They tend to grow in numbers. Wise words from someone that does a lot of talking.

You can spin my words however you like. My nation isn't at prewar numbers, my warchest isn't at prewar numbers. Hell I didn't even make it back to my peak infra, yet my nation in still in better shape than most in War Doves. This was an opportunist hit on us, and it's a downdeclare to boot because D1 figured it'd be their best shot at getting revenge for our war earlier this round. At least when we hit you guys, we made sure the numbers were fair.

And I'm not sure why you're sticking up for D1. You only joined them hoping they would get the top soldier/infra killed awards due to their size, not realizing you joined a Skaro 2.0. If you're in D1 next round, I'll be pretty damned surprised.

Im sorry but if you are going to make baseless claims and assumptions, there is no point debating you.

So how much cash do you have then? Back up your claims.

12 days to go, buckle up and stop complaining about the war. Goodness me, you arent that new around here.

What were our options? You're literally the only AA above us. You can't simultaneously be winning the round as an AA and scream "downdeclare"

I don't get this whole "complaining about wars" thing. Yes, no one likes to be invaded. However this is a game that includes war. You STILL have more NS than us, and many more members, and almost as many nukes, after two days.

People went early and screwed up the  blitz. This was not deliberate, however we did intend to war you at 6/1-6/2.

If you feel this war is unfair and would like to surrender to Cowboy on the grounds that you are a weaker and less effective AA incpable of withstanding our onslaught, then talk to him! Don't post publicly that this is the case.

However, I don't think that is true. I think you guys are effective and eventually want to do a round in your AA. I had a blast in our first wars when you guys had the upper hand, and I intend to have a blast in the second set, whether you do or not.

But you didn't make a thread about D1 having an easier war than you guys did but in all serious if this can now be used as unfair then nearly half of TE wars are unfair since many alliances have easier wars than their next opponents wars. Its a lame excuse basically, and just like what has been said, stats can be suppressed if your keeping your NS in your war chest and all the vets do it. Get your members to start spending their money and you'll see the stats equal out.

Pull your head out of your ass. We're not sitting on large sums of cash trying to trick people into thinking we had a destructive war with Cit/RE. The stats speak for themselves. We had an awesome time, with a lot of NS destroyed on both sides and you don't normally bounce back immediately from those. D1 took an opportunist hit on us because we had yet to rebuild, and then downdeclared us on top of it with almost double the nukes, and ~2.5k avg NS on us. Take out the fact that we were yet to rebuild, and you still have a decent sized downdeclare. So yes, this war is unfair. Did I expect better? Yes, I did. I was told when we picked such a challenging war, that it would leave us vulnerable to something like this, and I figured Cowboy had a shred of honor. I was wrong. I'm not here trying to garner support for any cause. I'm here so that when D1 gets what's coming to them, I can point to this thread and remind them that they asked for it.

What were our options? You're literally the only AA above us. You can't simultaneously be winning the round as an AA and scream "downdeclare"

I don't get this whole "complaining about wars" thing. Yes, no one likes to be invaded. However this is a game that includes war. You STILL have more NS than us, and many more members, and almost as many nukes, after two days.

People went early and screwed up the  blitz. This was not deliberate, however we did intend to war you at 6/1-6/2.

If you feel this war is unfair and would like to surrender to Cowboy on the grounds that you are a weaker and less effective AA incpable of withstanding our onslaught, then talk to him! Don't post publicly that this is the case.

However, I don't think that is true. I think you guys are effective and eventually want to do a round in your AA. I had a blast in our first wars when you guys had the upper hand, and I intend to have a blast in the second set, whether you do or not.

Everybody has their own perception of winning in this game. I could give 2 !@#$% that we're the number 1 AA right now. I don't care that I've won donation bonuses for SE, and usually give them away to friends. What I do care about is effectively training members of neutral alliances for war. I care about maximizing damage to my opponent while reducing the potential damage I take. Could I declare easy wars and get all that done? Yes. But eventually, you're no longer training for alliance wide warfare, you're tech raiding. That's why we've striven for statistically fair wars and updeclares - so we can learn something, and keep our skills sharp.

When this war started, you had more total NS, despite that we had more members. That means that on average, your nations were decently bigger than ours, and the avg NS reflected that. You had almost double the nukes. The numbers have shifted because both sides are destroying NS, and we're spying nukes whereas your guys are spying my cruise missiles (btw, I didn't have any at the time). 

For the record, War Doves will not be surrendering. We've been in rougher situations that this, and we didn't surrender then. We just don't have it in us, because we fight for each other, not ourselves. I would continue to fight until there was no one else on the WD AA, and I got 40+ members that feel the same way. That's what it means to be a War Dove. Not prizes, not flags, not rankings, but dedication to each other. So be careful. You join WDs for a round, you may just end up calling it home. It happens every round. Happened to me actually ;_;

Edited by Samwise

All of my opponents have over 40m. Except one, who has 25m and just bought 1500 infra in wartime. You guys have FAR larger WCs than us, with one notable exception listed on the records page.

So complaining that it is a downdeclare because of how poor you are just won't fly. I know you know very few of us can close to match your WCs.

"Could I declare easy wars and get all that done? Yes. But eventually, you're no longer training for alliance wide warfare, you're tech raiding. That's why we've striven for statistically fair wars and updeclares - so we can learn something, and keep our skills sharp." most rational argument I have seen for this behaviour yet. if your AA has no intention or interest in "winning" by numbers but has other goals in mind. I understand this, because I often do things either to roleplay, or to make the game more fun, that I know to be less than optimal statistically. This is why I don't really back collect, but collect most every day, and why I am unlikely to ever be #1 for NS. So I get that.

And, I was joking about the surrender, to point out that unless you intended to surrender, there is no point in complaining about the war. In fact, from now on when any AA complains about unfair wars, I will respond, then surrender.

Truth is, I have a great deal of respect for your AA, and have a great deal of fun in our wars. Although you should probably tell Kasnia that his aggressive, hostile, unprovoked, and personal attacks against people he regards as "n00bs", simply for being new to the game, is actually damaging  the CN community. If I ran an AA and had a member actively insulting people he has never talked to personally and mocking their playing ability like Kasnia is doing, I would boot his rear end from the AA.

All of my other WD opponents have been sportmanlike and honorable in their personal communications with me and, other than my polite but sarcastic and hostile responses to Kasnia, I have endeavoured to do the same. (I first sent Kasnia a polite and positive response encouraging him to enjoy the war and  asking that he not insult me personally, or mock and attack "noobs" in general, after he reacted with vitriol, I was polite but defensively insulting. If this is something you as a leader really super care about, I can send you the exact messages, but irdc personally I just think it hurts CN. You should at least tell your members to  be respectful to their opponents though.)

But overall you guys have been polite and kept things in perspective. I'm glad you're a part of the game and who knows?  It might be where I end up. I've only been in warriors and DEFCON, one round each, however, so I'd like to try all the main ones! Off topic but any info/opinions on different AA's I would love to hear.

EDIT: To clarify, Im not actually suggesting you boot Kasnia, but someone needs to explain sportsmanship to him and make it clear that sort of thing is not acceptable. If you want to send hate mail  and have it be ok, join Misfits! (meant in good fun... sort of.)

Edited by John More Dread

Pull your head out of your ass. We're not sitting on large sums of cash trying to trick people into thinking we had a destructive war with Cit/RE. The stats speak for themselves. We had an awesome time, with a lot of NS destroyed on both sides and you don't normally bounce back immediately from those. D1 took an opportunist hit on us because we had yet to rebuild, and then downdeclared us on top of it with almost double the nukes, and ~2.5k avg NS on us. Take out the fact that we were yet to rebuild, and you still have a decent sized downdeclare. So yes, this war is unfair. Did I expect better? Yes, I did. I was told when we picked such a challenging war, that it would leave us vulnerable to something like this, and I figured Cowboy had a shred of honor. I was wrong. I'm not here trying to garner support for any cause. I'm here so that when D1 gets what's coming to them, I can point to this thread and remind them that they asked for it.

I know all of you aren't sitting on large sums of cash and that is obvious but its also obvious you have many members that are and those are who i was referring too. Many D1 members would likely have the same size war chest levels but they've spent a lot of that on pixels and no one is stopping the cashed up doves from doing the same. But sure its a slight down declare, the nukes have evened out within half a day or so and the NS gap is closing, you had a day less to rebuild but otherwise i don't see any problem. I think you're just overreacting and besides, its the end of round war and aren't they Skaro 2.0. I'd look at it as a challenge!

All of my opponents have over 40m. Except one, who has 25m and just bought 1500 infra in wartime. You guys have FAR larger WCs than us, with one notable exception listed on the records page.

So complaining that it is a downdeclare because of how poor you are just won't fly. I know you know very few of us can close to match your WCs.

"Could I declare easy wars and get all that done? Yes. But eventually, you're no longer training for alliance wide warfare, you're tech raiding. That's why we've striven for statistically fair wars and updeclares - so we can learn something, and keep our skills sharp." most rational argument I have seen for this behaviour yet. if your AA has no intention or interest in "winning" by numbers but has other goals in mind. I understand this, because I often do things either to roleplay, or to make the game more fun, that I know to be less than optimal statistically. This is why I don't really back collect, but collect most every day, and why I am unlikely to ever be #1 for NS. So I get that.

And, I was joking about the surrender, to point out that unless you intended to surrender, there is no point in complaining about the war. In fact, from now on when any AA complains about unfair wars, I will respond, then surrender.

Truth is, I have a great deal of respect for your AA, and have a great deal of fun in our wars. Although you should probably tell Kasnia that his aggressive, hostile, unprovoked, and personal attacks against people he regards as "n00bs", simply for being new to the game, is actually damaging  the CN community. If I ran an AA and had a member actively insulting people he has never talked to personally and mocking their playing ability like Kasnia is doing, I would boot his rear end from the AA no matter what.

All of my other WD opponents have been sportmanlike and honorable in their personal communications with me and, other than my polite but sarcastic and hostile responses to Kasnia, I have endeavoured to do the same. (I first sent Kasnia a polite and positive response encouraging him to enjoy the war and  asking that he not insult me personally, or mock and attack "noobs" in general, after he reacted with vitriol, I was polite but defensively insulting. If this is something you as a leader really super care about, I can send you the exact messages, but irdc personally I just think it hurts CN. You should at least tell your members to  be respectful to their opponents though.)

But overall you guys have been polite and kept things in perspective. I'm glad you're a part of the game and who knows?  It might be where I end up. I've only been in warriors and DEFCON, one round each, however, so I'd like to try all the main ones! Off topic but any info/opinions on different AA's I would love to hear.

Someone called you a noob and now you're having a big cry over it. ^_^ You really are a noob then!

Did any of the language used contain profanity or offensive enough to report?