You are walking past a cave... A wild bros appears!

bros

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't have been obstruction of justice. A subpoena for such a case would most likely request all information on the users in question, which would result in thousands of IP addresses for something like 100 users (We figured it out at the time), as many users had dynamic IPs, and we kept a log of user IPs on the MK boards. Providing all of the information for each user wouldn't be obstruction. Not providing it would be.

He wouldn't have been able to make their lives a living hell without also inflicting that torture upon himself.

The incident occurred because certain members of MK found the statement by KK and Hoo to be a bit peculiar, so they looked to find news articles about it to see what was being left out/if anyone in the alliance could assist. Users then discovered that Hoo was not the biological father of KKs daughter. People in MK wished to figure out what was up with the biological father (i.e. why he wasn't mentioned in any news articles).

Let's put it in terms that you might understand. If MKs actions during this time were a D&D alignment, the members involved would've been Chaotic Good.

If you can't figure out why your logs aren't needed, never mind.  People get sued for all sorts of reasons less worthy, and if the person pursuing the suit has the money to pour into it, the mere fact that a defense lawyer has to be hired and the suit fought would make it hell for most people who can't afford to hire a lawyer even for the important stuff, let alone something like this.

You continue to insist on digging your friends deeper into a hole, and I'm about to offer you backhoe and a miner's helmet.  If they didn't buy KaitlinK and Hoo's story, the thing to do was not to "help", but to back off and leave them to settle their own problems.  Instead, a group of catty people decided instead to go witch hunting, then, deciding they didn't like what they thought they found or being amused by it in some twisted way, proceeded to mock KaitlinK and Hoo from one end of Cyber Nations to another and dig even deeper.

If MK were a D&D alignment they would vary from chaotic evil to chaotic neutral.  Good?   :lol1:

FYI: I never wrote for D&D which is a shame because TSR paid pretty well.  That's the second time you've made that reference like it's a subtle insult, but it's not working.

If you can't figure out why your logs aren't needed, never mind.  People get sued for all sorts of reasons less worthy, and if the person pursuing the suit has the money to pour into it, the mere fact that a defense lawyer has to be hired and the suit fought would make it hell for most people who can't afford to hire a lawyer even for the important stuff, let alone something like this.

You continue to insist on digging your friends deeper into a hole, and I'm about to offer you backhoe and a miner's helmet.  If they didn't buy KaitlinK and Hoo's story, the thing to do was not to "help", but to back off and leave them to settle their own problems.  Instead, a group of catty people decided instead to go witch hunting, then, deciding they didn't like what they thought they found or being amused by it in some twisted way, proceeded to mock KaitlinK and Hoo from one end of Cyber Nations to another and dig even deeper.

If MK were a D&D alignment they would vary from chaotic evil to chaotic neutral.  Good?   :lol1:

FYI: I never wrote for D&D which is a shame because TSR paid pretty well.  That's the second time you've made that reference like it's a subtle insult, but it's not working.

They would've recieved the server access logs, which were somewhere in the neighborhood of ~500 MB aka like 1 million lines or the forum logs for each individual user.

I have a feeling the logs for each individual user involved would've been more manageable by a legal team.

Edited by bros2