Druk Yul - Shangri La

Maelstrom Vortex

The Druk Yul military quietly slipped into Defcon 4.. raising the quantity of mobilized troops to double its pure peacetime footing. It was doing so in reaction to the global tension that was being observed.

The First and Second Fleets pushed to the Indian Ocean. The First fleet stayed near coastal waters. The 2nd Fleet moved deep south.. away from land masses and islands where it would be difficult to observe.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Emperor Jesse slept that night he held onto the medallion they first found in Singapore. He figured that the one talking in his dreams was the dreamer Maelstrom spoke about. Like always he took the form of his father Emperor Brian. "You usually don't seem to have dreams like this unless there is something bothering you Jesse. What seems to be on your mind?"

Jesse thought for a second about what he was going to say. If this "dreamer" really knew everything about him than why was he even asking that question but he thought it was better just to play along with it and tell him the truth. "The battle against Henry is over yet nothing seems to be fine at all. Jake is devestated that he couldn't stop his father from going evil and there is honestly nothing I can say to him that will really make him feel any better."

"Why do you say that?"

"He knew Henry better than anyone yet even he didn't see how evil Henry really was until it was almost too late. If my friend can't even see the true enemies when they are right in front of him than how am I supposed to protect my people from other threats that may be out there?"

"The truth is that you just have to make sure you are ready to face whatever threat comes next. As the Emperor your #1 goal is to keep your people safe and prosperous even if it means giving up your own life in the process. You can't be ready for every threat but if you know what you need to do to keep your people safe than do it. The future is really unpredictable but if current events are anything to go by things are about to get worse."

"What do you mean? How is the war in Europe gonna really effect us here is Asia?!"

"There are evil forces at work in the shadows that seek to destroy you and everything you care about. A great storm is coming Jesse, a war far worse than any that came before. And when it is over I fear there will be little left of our world. Henry may be dead but it looks like he is getting exactly what he wanted. The humans will destroy themselves and then the forces of darkness and evil will take over unless..."

"Unless I can find a way to stop them."

There was a ticker tape parade for the forces returning from the peace-keeping and election mission in Amur which was successful and resulted in the transition of the region into the hands of their northern neighbors peacefully. There was still some concern though by some, in the background, that Japan would end up causing a conflict over the region.

Public Address, Global Media Coverage
[hr]
On the front steps of the Great University of Shangri-La.

King Wangchuck stood before an audience of international media with the Druk Yul flag behind him, "It is a travesty, when our most precious resources.. our people.. are wasted because society cannot provide the resources to them required for their development into a productive, creative individual. Which is why via unanimous vote of Parliament we have passed the 'No Citizen' left behind act. All education shall be free, provided by government subsidy. Whether you attend a public or a private institution, we will pay the cost. There will be new standards on costs to keep them from inflating out of control, and we will work with the schools to provide support to ensure they wll be staffed to meet the demand that may develop. By free.. I mean there shall be no tuition from any educational institution any longer. So long as you can pay for your food, find housing, and afford the books then you will be able to educate yourselves to become whatever your heart desires."

"Education, however, cannot be without purpose. As part of this program schools will be required to work with government and industry to help inform students what the nation needs in terms of developed skill assets. While they may still pick another path if they are dedicated to a certain goal in their life, we will ask all of you to consider what society needs to function as a priority. After all, the best paying careers are those that are needed. We expect, initially, that the costs may somewhat slow our economy, but not substantially. We expect that in the long run, the boost of new jobs for teachers and support roles in academia, as well as the skilled work force that shall develop will greatly justify the short term loss. There is also overwhelming public support, for making sure our children are equipped for the future. Druk Yul has one goal, to be the technologically dominant nation of our day. This is yet another way we will achieve our objective to be the best and brightest the world has to offer."

1028 Bit Dream Plague (This is not new action, these actions are already in progress, just adding a bit of fluff.)
[hr]
Top Secret Alert Status

Potential hostilities building in region. We are at DEFCON dark. Weapons tight. No additional forces headed for the Indian border. We are ready if Parthia acts.

Himalayan Missile Command notified of threat. Horizontal IRBM launch silos and IRBM factories ready for wartime production. We are on standby. Begin 24 hour rotations of command crews. Air force already activated and on standard rotation as part of Indian War Game exercise.

Please keep your mission files close and your keys ready. Druk Yul depends on you all to be at your best. Since the Russians attacked us in the north we have known this day may come where we would be surrounded by all sides from potential aggressors intent on destroying our way of life and persecuting our faith. For the sake of Dreams, we must become nightmares. Dig deep and find the courage your Dreamer has given you. Fear not the enemy, fear only being forgotten.

-Dread Space

Although Adria was no longer supposed to stay in one place anymore she felt like she needed to stay in Shangri-La until she learned to control her "Powers". She still had no idea what their main origins were but she knew she had them and that she needed to use them to protect her family and the people of China as a whole. As she stood on the balcony of her room she could feel the forces of darkness massing around them. Although she might not have seen him she knew Maelstrom was watching and listening. "Henry may be dead but he was just the beginning. The forces of evil and darkness surround us, I can feel them. The battle to decide the fate of Asia and perhaps the rest of the world is about to take place and if we fall than the world will descend into darkness. We cannot let that happen!"

She would listen and then fly to the top of Everest where she expected Maelstrom to be waiting for her. The journey was not really that tough on her wings at all as she was used to flying in thin air. "OK Maelstrom I am here. What is it you wanted to show me?"

The sky above Adria was lit for miles around. A localized Aurora was around Maelstrom. It was beautiful. He was laid back, relaxing on the mountain top in the snow, tapping his rear claws to some beat from his kindle player that she would not know it, but matched the patterning of the auroras. He tilted his head and then just pointed up. "Very simple really. You focus on what you want to be up there.. and make it so that it is, by sheer will alone. Your will, is a weapon. Your will is also a crafting tool." He was in his six winged form, but was dressed a little differently than usual, wearing a black kimono and sporting two blades on his hip. In Bhutanese one blade's name read as 'the word' and  the other was named 'logic'. A slow smile crept to his face. "See what you can come up with. This is how my people know I create them."

SIC

Targeting of all major equipment pieces deployed by Parthia to the Indian Border had been completed. Several thousand tanks and artillery were highlighted and assigned ordinance.  Air defense systems and tracking stations were given first wave priority. Rear airbases had also been targeted for cluster munitions to render them inoperable. If they take off, they wont' be landing. Highways were also targeted with cluster munitions so they could not be used as backups.

"Light Show" was poised and ready.

SIC (sorta, anyone with a satellite watching Druk Yul's borders might see this.. )

A set of walls would appear to show up along the interior rim of the 5 km no mans land that Druk Yul has along its borders. They were large enough to cast a shadow on satellite and would appear to measure about 10 feet tall. The problem is, a few days later those same walls appeared to be gone. Where they went would be anyone's best guess.

(unobservable)

The new patriot systems the Persians had moved to the Druk Yul Border would be pre-targeted with 400mm rocket artillery from far beyond no man's land. This artillery was out of range of most enemy weapons systems and also was under camoflauge.

ooc: Any additional IC reactions or responses are now on PAUSE while events in Euorpe catch up. There is now a several week if not month long delay between the events of Europe and the events in Asia IC. I will not recognize any military actions against Druk Yul by any power until Europe gets sorted and Triyun re-syncs time.

• 2 weeks later...

Three weeks ago while the war in Europe raged.. and the Sky Wardens began to police the sky. The conversations and training of his grand daughter continued.

[hr]

"My power is more than just magic though. There is one thing to be a dreamer.. and another to have vision. You must interact with two worlds. One of the spirit and one of the real. If you do not have mastery of both, you risk them each to loss. While my visions give character to who and what I am.. shaping the very facets and vestiges of the world around me. I must also be ready for my enemy. Ready on all battlefields. Ready to exploit any weakness, especially the ones they are not ready to defend against." He set up a small telescope on a tripod.. the auroras cleared with an exertion of his mere will.

"Take a look."

If Adria looked through the scope she would see the unlabeled, non-descript Sky Wardens annihilating a satellite with a single shot from its boom mounted cannon. The scope was set to see in infra red, because the Sky Wardens were all painted black as not to be seen from the ground. The only thing that gave the indication there was a craft present was the heat from the muzzle of the gun being fired and the thrusters on the craft having just recently settled into its position.

"That's what the Archangel program evolved into. You must be able to think in, out of, and become the box. Step 1, in every battle.. blind the enemy. Cloak yourself in the garment of Ares, the fog of war."

Adria though about what he said and knew he was right. "So basically what you are saying is that if I think of something it will happen? That is a awsome when I think about it however that is also where I have been running into problems. When I was undercover with Henry I felt like I had a purpose and during that time I could control my powers more but now I seem to have trouble controlling them. I will try to do one thing and either something else will happen or nothing at all. I am almost afraid to try again even here because I am afraid I will end up blowing up the entire mountainside." 

"You have to refine your vision, keep your focus, and not let distractions take you from your objective. If you do not, then your vision falls into disarray and is replaced by chaos or simply vanishes and then you have to start from scratch once more." He noted. "It's also a bit more than that. What you will must be part of collective will. The world operates within certain shared rules among the dreamers. If your dream contests those rules, it will be shattered. Someone just learned that the hard way today. A sleeping dreamer tried to reach to far, and got his hand smacked for doing so."

He looks to Adria, "I am about to give you an important choice. This world is growing filled with more ignorance daily as fools attempt to disregard physical laws and shape a world that should not be. I am going to Mars. I've honestly been planning to for quite some time now. Dragonisians can break down carbon dioxide and send the carbon to their bones to mesh with calcium and iron to form a much stronger density structure and then use the oxygen for life.. in short, we can thrive on mars. The atmosphere is a little thin though so we're starting out in its deepest section. Over time we're going to try and raise the temperatures a little, get a green house effect going to liberate the gasses stored in the ice at the poles. It's by no means a short term project. Until then, we're going to be living in the higher kilopascal regions and using pressure suits elsewhere. Being a hybrid, you may survive there... but I'm not sure the Earth Dragons would flourish so readily. My craft leaves in a couple hours. You'll need to decide before then."

• 3 weeks later...

The Persian forces lurked at the border poised to invade.. but time was still stopped. Just as it seemed it would begin again.. Maelstrom shook his head, "The dreamers of this world are corrupt. Time to move on.."

With a mere jesture, Druk Yul passed from the face of that earth and found itself in yet another alternate version of realities, one with different dreams of which Druk Yul was now part.

Compromises were always hard. Druk Yul when it took shape was seriously damaged from war, but not one it had lost.. if one could ever truly win a war. The recovery would take some time, but Maelstrom never shirked a challenge. "Let sanity reign over this world where another died behind it." He looks to Adria, "Sadly, the city below us is now a crater. Fortunately, most of it is underground, but we may not be able to use the Surface for years. Fortunately, not much of a problem to someone who feeds on radiation. Ah well, the citizens won't be forgotten and it gives me a chance at doing a makeover." He tilted his head., "Not sure how well you'll survive the hot zone though. May have to go directly down the hatch to the bunker."

To: Druk Yul

Malta intends to send a major humanitarian relief and Engineering expedition to the Indian subcontinent and Indian Ocean Islands. With your offer to assist the White Cross, we hope it would extend a little further to a League of Nations effort. What say you?

- King Gregory

OOC: OK Mael my posts will be split into Current and Past events. The Past events will focus on Adria and her training while the current events will focus on how she uses her training to help Jesse keep the peace within the Empire of Shanghai and beyond if needed.

"I will go into the bunker using the hatch to make sure make sure my parents are ok. I just hope my brother and the rest of Shanghai made it to the bunkers in time as well."

Meanwhile in Shanghai the day the nukes fell: Many people were ready for what was about to happen. Once SEATO declared war on the Tripartite after they attacked Japan the people knew that the nuclear war would not be far behind and got into the bunkers beneath the buildings of the major cities. During the years before many great bunkers were built to shelter the citizens of the major cities when a war like that happened. The people of Shanghai were prepared for a nuclear war of that scale and after the nukes had ceased falling the people emerged to a ruined city. There were pockets of radiation spread all over where the nukes landed and it would take many years before the government and many of the cities were back on their feet. Emperor Jesse was one of the first to witness the destruction. "This is not the first time it happened and most likely wont be the last. We will recover like we always do but it will take a lot of time. The bunkers did their jobs protecting us and our citizens but now it is time for us to do our jobs and help rebuild once again."

Present Day: After a decade of rebuilding and rediscovering lost tech Shanghai was now better than ever. If one went through the cities of Shanghai and Beijing today they probably wouldn't be able to tell a war ever happened if it were not for the monument in the Central Plaza that was built in remembrance of those that did not survive the war. Today the city was thriving, great skyscrapers could be seen for many miles and in most of the citizen's eyes it was even better than it was before the war. SEATO was still strong although they had not talked with the leaders of Japan for a while. During those years Adria had finished a lot of her training with Maelstrom and now she was one of Jesse's main advisers and helped with a lot of the internal problems that were faced during the years after the war ended. She didn't like the EAI that much and thought of them like a huge corporation that only cared about their profits more than their people."The only reason they joined SEATO was so that we would help them win the war which we did and won. Yes they can be thankful that we won the war with them but since that part of it is now over they probably don't see any reason to remain a part of SEATO."

"Yes they have many reasons to be thankful for our help but you must remember that there were ways they helped us a lot as well. It was their Empress who helped us find out the truth about Henry."

Adria still wasn't buying it. "Yes and you saved her when Henry tried to destroy the building with you guys still in it. You already told me that story many times but right now it doesn't change anything. I still do not trust them and it will probably be a long time before I ever do."

Edited by jesbro

Present day...

Maelstrom looked out over Shangri-La.. years of work had begun the city's restoration. People were starting to brave the surface again as radiation levels fell. Yet he and his beloved did not seem to have aged a day. His people were becoming somewhat accustomed to his semi-eternal nature. Few people marveled at it any longer it was simply a part of who he was to them. No different than the sun rising and setting each day. They had seen the footage of him during the war walking through the mine fields removing the dead and lovingly laying each soldier to rest. The borders of the nation were still in rough shape, but the defense zone was being re-established. Cancer rates were still high, but they were starting to fall again.