Faraway's Future

Faraway's Future  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, I think we notice that CNRP is pretty damn dead at the moment. The amount of activity is low and I do feel like my RP is going nowhere. So, I'm just going to put this up for vote, because I don't care much. I keep my opinion that MGL is a horrible neighbour and I hate bordering him on three of four directions. My sole other neighbour is Bear Islands' Nation of the Bear, which has the geopolitical relevance of Liechtenstein and otherwise, all's quiet.

When I finished my war with MGL, I stayed in my country, because I thought given time, I'd be able to work something out. Well, I did not see it coming that the western hemisphere would be just becoming more deserted like this. And given how things are developing, it isn't getting any better.

I thus considered going elsewhere, where I actually have some freedom and don't need to bother with a neighbour who's in my opinion worse than Triyun. If MGL thinks he can ignore me, I can as well just leave him alone and have my own fun country elsewhere. But, given that elsewhere seems just as deserted, I mostly just thought, damn it all, let's just make a poll.

Feel free to vote for the next 12 hours. I accept suggestions for where to go too.

Regardless of where I go though, people should be more active.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't follow CNRP but it sounds like you're unhappy where you are. Try somewhere new, or focus on the not dead RP  :ehm:

I'm not going to give more focus to CNRP2 than to CNRP, as long as there are clauses in place that could get me kicked out in any way. I remember the time when it was most likely the lack of such a clause that prevented people like Kankou from getting kicked out permanently and I remember just all too well what happened to China before the Dragon overlords seized it. Thus, CNRP2 will stay a secondary priority to me, which will get secondary attention.

You should come and try cnrp2, we're enjoying it and would love to have you apart of it. 

As has been stated, I am there. Maybe not featuring too prominently, but still.

We've had our difference but I've always loved your Faraway RP. Like you've famously quoted me so many times, I don't have time to read or pay attention to a lot of people's RPs but I do enjoy yours be it the darkness or the blunt sarcasm that comes in your Faraway RP. I don't have much to say about MGL, but I can see why you wouldn't want to be all alone on North America. 

I would really like you to become Faraway in CNRP2. You could do like I am doing for Sleepy Hollow and RP a prequel to Faraway. Even if it doesn't exactly line up with your original story we all have some creative stretching that we can do to make stories work long time. It could even be like a legend of how Faraway got started. Regardless, I wish you were in NA in CNRP2 with us. You're an interesting RPer and a sensible person. 

Well, I'm mostly in Faraway, because noone normally cares about it and I can do whatever I want. It is supposed to be a silly country and would always stay a silly country. And if I'm going to stay, you can bet I'm going to defend my rights to be a joke of an absolute monarchy.

I am also not going to reroll in CNRP2. I have a nice country, with a nice monarchy. And I got committments to uphold. Nothing such in CNRP, where all the committments I actually would have are to my characters. Faraway has no ties and the few people I would normally RP with are either unresponsive or have left over the past few months. Padraig being the exception.

I like Faraway, its got a long history, characters with serious depth and it doesnt give a $%&@ about what other nations think of it.

I think you should stay the course Eva and remain as Faraway.

I think my characters are mostly more fleshed out, because a good part of the cast belong to the oldest ones I have. Bit of baggage from my former nations.

You know, we may have just come out of a war but I've always enjoyed the faraway rp.

My first run as Faraway was really just getting out of France, settling next to Kankou and keeping to myself. Later, it was pretty obvious that Kankou went inactive and I worked with you and Tanis. I'd say, for the most part, I did what I wanted to do, and it seemed to work out well.

Second Faraway was far less of a laughing matter, and both our IC and OOC relations are quite poor (I might point out the conversations we had during the conflict). First Faraway I kept RPing there, because it seemed quite successful and secure, and noone cared what I did really. Second Faraway is more of a struggle, which I only continue out of great stubborness and pride. And maybe I would keep going at it, if it would not seem that by the time I'd ever succeed, not much is left in terms of activity. If the activity of this RP was anywhere on 2012 or 2013 levels, I'd go for it. Then there is diplomacy and there is a world to interact with. But as it stands, the world stagnates and I have little faith in this struggle accomplishing anything.

And for the time being, I don't like neighbouring you. That should not be news and should be known to most who watched our interactions in the last few months. And I'm going to give you the fair OOC warning that if I stay and relations don't get better, I'm not going to just ignore that you are the first and foremost obstacle to my growth.

Also, I don't get why people show such a severe lack of enthusiasm about CNRP. I mean, sure, I joined CNRP2 too, but I'm using it to explore something new, not replace my old nation. And I would say, my activity across both RPs is quite fine. Given that in CNRP I'm mostly keeping to myself, anyway. I know, I'll just get irritating replies from Mogar and the likes, about how Triyun and Cent killed the RP and we had it coming, but I think, that's just some dumb excuse. When we lack dynamics in CNRP, it is mostly because people just don't care to do something.

The map is full with white space and de jure white space (people who went inactive but are still on there). Sure, they aren't all first world, but who cares? There's enough interesting locations, that can be settled and there are possibilities, for those who grasp it.

For those who just want to keep their country and RP in peace, go find a few friends and get some collective security. Not really hard and should protect you from getting stomped in. For those who are more ambitious and like to have some challenge, well, it isn't all that hard to become a greater power. Be active, don't be a fool. That's pretty much all it needs at this stage of the RP. Triyun and Cent are quiet and if you don't poke them, most likely they stay that way. Apart from these, the rest of the RP will not really be able to interfere with what you are doing. Russia is traditionally introverted and doesn't care about global events much. MGL is no better. The Europeans all keep to themselves, who's left? The global order never had this few guarantors... and also never these few stakeholders... Not since it came into existence after the AUP died. If anyone would ever put some effort into changing it, I'd see chances of success.

And don't tell me noone here has ambition. I'm in CNRP2, I'm not a blockhead who can't see how people are just happy expanding left and right, building blocs and waging war. I'd hope people are honest and admit that they have a certain drive to become influential and not just hide behind a false mask of oh how nice they are. I for my part will just flat out state that I'm not the friendliest person around, I do have certain ambitions in all my RPs and I will try to pursue them with the means at my disposal. And I think such is legitimate. I will not try game the system, but ICly, I will use the means at my disposal. (So, if anyone of you thought I'd change after China, you may now be disappointed. Feel free to do something about it.) And I think, such is legitimate.

So, why is CNRP quiet? I think the last reason would be, because certain people think they'll be waking the sleeping giants just due to their presence. Yeah, no. That's a bit too much credit you claim there. Unless you are Sarah or maybe Shammy, Triyun and Cent won't go out of their way much.

As a last note: It's 4am, do not expect me to make great posts with nicely phrased arguments. This is the maximum extent I can go.

I believe your theory as to why CNRP2 has activity and exists has some merit to it. If CNRP would have had a map restart it may have killed CNRP2 on the spot. But I suppose we can only theorize. 

Are you enjoying Romania? 

Or people could actually put some effort into getting their territory. At least ask? I don't need to theorise that if you change the map but not the system, nothing will change at all in the long term.

It's ok. Nice country.

there's no motivation to do anything in CNRP1 because you will never beat TSI, so its kind of a waste of time to bother putting effort into a world in which you can't change the political dynamics in any meaningful form.

CNRP is like a child asking you to play Monopoly but they've had the board out for over 5 years and in that time have emptied the entire bank, grabbed up all the property except Baltic Avenue, and stuck hotels on all of it. No thank you, I don't want to be your cannon fodder. Let me play on equal standing or not at all. CNRP is all about seniority and enough people finally saw the pyramid scheme for what it was, so they simply went and got a new Monopoly board to make a better game both in fairness and fun.

Well Eva, I had to null my vote. I don't want you to stay where you're unhappy, but I also don't want you to go somewhere new and be subpar because you don't want to put in the same amount of effort you did with Faraway. If you have a new plan set up and are really excited about it, I would vote for a move.

there's no motivation to do anything in CNRP1 because you will never beat TSI, so its kind of a waste of time to bother putting effort into a world in which you can't change the political dynamics in any meaningful form.

Triyun is essentially a sleeping mama bear. If you don't go after his cubs and don't poke him with a stick, then everything will turn out alright. The issue is not with people standing up to him, but with people who antagonize him. He's dumped loads of land recently, and except for that one time, has been pretty sane about who he invades. If you actually stick things out and don't ragequit or instantly reroll, you'll often be able to keep your country as well. Cent is the same way.

I've never seen anyone actually try to overthrow TSI. What I have seen is a bunch of rag-tag kiddos complain that they got their feelings hurt.

who else is left that isnt a direct ally of TSI?

Well Eva, I had to null my vote. I don't want you to stay where you're unhappy, but I also don't want you to go somewhere new and be subpar because you don't want to put in the same amount of effort you did with Faraway. If you have a new plan set up and are really excited about it, I would vote for a move.

Triyun is essentially a sleeping mama bear. If you don't go after his cubs and don't poke him with a stick, then everything will turn out alright. The issue is not with people standing up to him, but with people who antagonize him. He's dumped loads of land recently, and except for that one time, has been pretty sane about who he invades. If you actually stick things out and don't ragequit or instantly reroll, you'll often be able to keep your country as well. Cent is the same way.

I've yet to be allowed to RP what I want without being destroyed for it, and any attempts at making friends gets ignored by Tricent, since they dislike me OOCly, Hereno put it pretty well honestly, you seem to think that because you are a puppet everyone should be happy with that, when most people simply want to be left alone, and based off recent history, that isnt an option, simply by playing you are making yourself a target.

CNRP is like a child asking you to play Monopoly but they've had the board out for over 5 years and in that time have emptied the entire bank, grabbed up all the property except Baltic Avenue, and stuck hotels on all of it. No thank you, I don't want to be your cannon fodder. Let me play on equal standing or not at all. CNRP is all about seniority and enough people finally saw the pyramid scheme for what it was, so they simply went and got a new Monopoly board to make a better game both in fairness and fun.

For all the "CNRP is not risk", CNRP also is not monopoly. If you want to play monopoly, go and play that. But this is CNRP. And for all intents and purposes, it isn't a pyramid scheme, nor is it seniority based. If it was, I'd actually be still ranking somewhere around the bottom, for most people are older than me. Yet, I would dare claim that compared to people like Lynneth, I was actually in a better position, up to the point where he left. Why? Because Lynneth mostly sat around, concentrated on space and decided to entrust his security to a strategy of low profile and deterrence through quantity (I think Lynneth will readily admit that he is not going to behave very competently at war). And while this may safe you trouble, it's not going to give you much power. Deliberate choice of his though to prioritise space over international influence and I'm not going to say he made the wrong decision. As long as he's not going to complain about it later.

As Justinian said, you people have not even tried. The last time we actually saw actual resistence that was somewhat determined, it was the AUP (before it disintegrated faster than a snowman in the Sahara) and Kankou. That was how long ago? 1.5 years? Ever since, noone bothered, but at least half a dozen complain openly or in silence about an issue they see, that they do nothing about. And no, founding a new RP doesn't count. You have not tried to overthrow anyone, so don't complain that noone tries.

who else is left that isnt a direct ally of TSI?

I've yet to be allowed to RP what I want without being destroyed for it, and any attempts at making friends gets ignored by Tricent, since they dislike me OOCly, Hereno put it pretty well honestly, you seem to think that because you are a puppet everyone should be happy with that, when most people simply want to be left alone, and based off recent history, that isnt an option, simply by playing you are making yourself a target.

I'm not an ally, for all that it is worth. Sure, I'm not going to join some weird quest to overthrow Demon Lord Triyun, just because someone comes along and asks me to, but I think you shouldn't expect that. Noone sells themselves cheap for something like this.

Simply by playing you aren't a target. By deliberately being silly an annoying you make yourself a target. I'd think the three reasons the Cape died for is that a. You complained about the actions of Triyun and Cent before, so they thought they'd show you what happens when they don't act. b. You did stand out quite a bit for a person that only wants to be left alone. You know, Faraway came about, because after getting occupied by Cent in France, I wanted to be left alone. And it worked, because I kept a low profile. Negotiated with those like PD or MGL, who then shared the low-profile approach and I did not try to partake in international politics and bickering. In the end, I never got attacked by Triyun and Cent once. Same goes for Lynneth in Tikal, who kept a low profile. c. Your diplomacy completely neglected your national security, by neither having ties, nor army, but relying on some fancy statement that you'd cause ingame trouble. If you stand out, make something of it.

In the end, it needs not much to see that for all the claims about just wanting to be left alone, people will just use "I want to be left alone", to cover up a severe lack of spine, but will then proceed to whine behind the scenes about how marginalised they are and how they lose out. Yeah, well, if you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There are risks to trying to matter. There are not so many risks to trying to merely blend in. But by blending in, you will not matter. There is no influence without risk. To state such could be possible is just wrong and it isn't even true for CNRP2, where all the isolationists turn into grandstanding imperialists and hegemons, because for once, they think they can afford the risk. But if you lose, you might still get your fair share of issues.

First, I did wonder where to go once I reroll. I had some ideas, but mostly I'm tending towards either going to Europe or to Asia. I'm still taking suggestions.

Second, true on the ragequit part. Honestly, people accuse Triyun of rolling people out of existence and complain for too often about losing everything. and then they just quit or go inactive when they get into a conflict. The most annoying experience in this regard to me was surely South america, where this happened thrice. And instead of a short nuclear disarmament of Bolivia, I suddenly had two colonies.

MGL is directly allied to TSI, Horo is, Markus is a troll nation, and Yawoo is inactive, the problem is TSI wants to be taken down, instead of just leaving people alone and allowing people to RP as they wish so long as they are not committing atrocities, and if someone bigger is bullying said people, ignore it, instead of taking the fight that triyun seems to desperately want, just not a hard fight.

so basically eva i should suck triyun and cent's dicks for being overlords, instead of being honest with them and saying i take great issue with their style of bullying weaker opponents and avoiding the hard conflicts.

Edited by Mogar

There are different types of people.  People who enjoy the challenge of a competitive environment and people who just want to make it about themselves.  Its not even worth trying to reason between the two anymore half the time because it just turns into me me me.  But Mogar, you'll note I didn't role you in Thailand, so your argument is pretty flawed imo, as much as I do know you WANT to be the center of the Triyun Opposition.

I want to be able to RP a cyberpunk city, or Japan, but considering you refused to even give me Singapore, I was forced into the cape, and got rolled for it due to Cent refusing to do diplomacy with me, I have made attempts at reconcilation with you, but you enjoy trolling and harassing me, so any attempt is doomed to failure from the start, you are absolutely a great player at competition, but that's the thing, you've won, is it that difficult to admit it and actually allow a challenger to arise, or are you going to continue a stranglehold on power that has killed CNRP1?

so basically eva i should suck triyun and cent's dicks for being overlords, instead of being honest with them and saying i take great issue with their style of bullying weaker opponents and avoiding the hard conflicts.

No, you should stop being stupid and live in the now. If Triyun destroyed you a year ago, too bad. If you roll in now and instantly act antagonistic towards him, then yes, he's going to stomp you down after a while. If you roll in now and address the Triyun of today, unless you do something monumentally dumb, he'll likely leave you alone. If you have an issue about how he is playing, you can address it OOC rather than making snarky comments through government channels that add you no friends anywhere.

There are different types of people.  People who enjoy the challenge of a competitive environment and people who just want to make it about themselves.  Its not even worth trying to reason between the two anymore half the time because it just turns into me me me.

I would say that there are three types of people in CNRP. There are those two, and there are the ones who are in it, not competitively, but in it for writing fun storylines and RPing with other people. They may not find military posts to be the easiest or most interesting thing, and realized that there is more to politics and international relations then war. CNRP used to be much more heavily based on character RP, and most people fell under this third group, seeking not to dominate other, but to interact with them. Sarah was one of the last outposts of this group.