In the market for a Protector

The amount of people playing the role of vulture on the naive is simply pathetic. It would almost be funny if it didn't occur at every possible instance.

join mi6

The amount of people playing the role of vulture on the naive is simply pathetic. It would almost be funny if it didn't occur at every possible instance.

To be fair, how else will the naive learn about the way the game operates? I congratulate Legend7 for requesting protection from alliances that can protect. People like Legend7 brings us hope of this game.

To be fair, how else will the naive learn about the way the game operates? I congratulate Legend7 for requesting protection from alliances that can protect. People like Legend7 brings us hope of this game.

Good point, I completely agree. However, I'm relatively sure this fella is/was a veteran player from ages past. Tell me Legend, is it really you?! I'm dying here!

If Legend7 merges into Limitless Nexus, he could remain a commanding general of a squad composed of members from the Future, which could be the name of his military division if he wishes. Other leaders of small alliances can also potentially merge into Limitless Nexus, while keeping some of their of former identity as a military division within Limitless Nexus, as they receive aid and assist in the creation of a larger empire. As well as their government motivated members getting positions which put to use their desire to help with alliance functions.

I'm willing to dedicate a few slots to aiding more members up to being capable of doing the same without slowing their growth, so anyone who signs up to join and gets accepted is very likely to be among the first to receive continuous aid until they reach 4,999 infra, since once more members join there will be a line of those ahead to get built up to 4,999 infra before slots are available to dedicate towards the buildup of other aid applicants.

Edited by Methrage

I'm actually impressed by Methrage's ability to describe an run of the mill aid program in a way that makes it seem like a scam.

How is providing smaller nations with the aid necessary to build them up a scam? If anything I would be setting myself up to be scammed in my willingness to dedicate aid slots towards building up new members, in the hopes of them becoming good members and wanting to also contribute towards benefiting the alliance once built up.

Many nations go a long time without ever growing past a certain point, but I'm willing to send out aid without receiving anything in return to benefit nations who join and assisting nations pass the threshold where outside aid makes a large difference in their growth speed.

I'm actually impressed by Methrage's ability to describe an run of the mill aid program in a way that makes it seem like a scam.

How is providing smaller nations with the aid necessary to build them up a scam?

<run of the mill aid program.description>

I hope my help is appreciated. No need to thank me. Unless you'd maybe like to set of a program where I could send nations an up front amount of cash, in exchange for the promise of timely deliveries of technology units. Of course for my work I'd like a favorable rate, but I know a way to purchase technology as a discount, maximizing potential profit. I'm always willing to help.

You're right, new active people willing to contribute definitely are what's needed for sustainability. People putting on a fake show of having valiant intentions in order to get a new tech seller for themselves are taking advantage of the situation. I hope that he can select a protector that is genuinely interested in a reciprocal relationship and not a glorified tech colony.

You're right, new active people willing to contribute definitely are what's needed for sustainability. People putting on a fake show of having valiant intentions in order to get a new tech seller for themselves are taking advantage of the situation. I hope that he can select a protector that is genuinely interested in a reciprocal relationship and not a glorified tech colony.

How is selling tech to a protector in exchange for protection not reciprocal?

How is selling tech to a protector in exchange for protection not reciprocal?

It can be reciprocal, but sadly it often isn't as the sellers are charged nonoptimal rates and feel pressured into doing so in order to remain protected. Their politics and what groups they can affiliate with are also impacted by a protectorate treaty, again limiting what they're able to do and how independent they're able to be as the alliance progresses. In the end I find protectorate treaties to be more harmful than helpful for an alliance long term but raiding seems to make it a sad necessity. 

And of course a protector is going to say it's reciprocal, they hardly have to do anything and they get tech sellers in the process with minimal risk on their part so it's a win/win for them. 

In my experience, protectorates are an unjustified pain in the ass for the protector rather than the protector gets to mercilessly exploit the protectorate.