Mogar

To: Zapadnaya Department of Foreign Affairs

Greetings,

As I am currently in Europe visiting the Imperiums friends in France and Snow Haven, I feel I should take the opportunity to reach out to those surrounding my allies in order to discuss a future that ensures a stable and peaceful Europe, as it appears the EuroComm treaty appears to have been a spectacular failure, I have elected to reach out to those who displayed a desire for a successful Europe. If Zapadnayan shares my vision of a peaceful and prosperous Europe and wish to meet with me, send and I shall be there within the hour.

Signed,

-Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of Japan and Joseon, Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure.

The following message would be sent to the Japanese government by Zapadnayan Ambassador to Japan Sofia Makarova:

To: The Office of the Empress, Imperium of Japan

Fr: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Zapadnaya

Your Majesty,

On behalf of H.E. President Elena Dobreva, we acknowledge receipt of your message and extend an invitation to meet with the President in Sofia at your earliest convenience.

==

In order to facilitate the meeting, the Zapadnayan Ministry of Foreign Affairs would transmit to the Japanese embassy all necessary information including directions to land at the Sofia International Airport.
Edited by Imperator Azenquor

The Mitsubishi SonicStar would land at Sofia International Airport a few hours later, having messaged ahead to give warning. Kazuko had read up about Zapadnaya, the only real concern was their lack of social freedoms, but besides that, their nations were fairly similar, their economy as well was not ideal for trade agreements but it was hoped the Imperium had something the Zapadnayans would need, and the Imperium was insatiable for everything.

After a short welcoming ceremony, the Empress would be transported to the Presidential Office in Sofia. Upon her arrival, the Empress would be greeted by the Zapadnayan President Dobreva and a translator.

[i]“Your Imperial Majesty, on behalf of the government and people of Zapadnaya may I welcome you to Zapadnaya. I understand that there are matters that you wish to discuss with us?”[/i]-President Elena Dobreva

The Empress would speak plainly in English, a much easier language to translate than Japanese, especially as normal speed. "I thank you for your hospitality, I am not one for flowery language so I will be candid,  the Imperium has spent Trillions on recovery, and while we have completed our recovery, we need to expand our economic reach as far and as wide as possible to get a return on that investment we put rebuilding our economy. on top of this we have a strategic interest in maintaining discourse with European nations, as our closest ally in European it is only natural to wish to keep stability of the region in order to prevent any hostilities from occurring, while military cooperation is not something we take lightly and I would expect Zapadnaya is the same in that regard, I am interested in working with the nations of Europe to protect the sovereignty of our friend in Snow Haven."

[i]“That is understandable. On the economic front, I believe that it would be possible to agree on tariff reductions in certain non-vital economic sectors in order to increase bilateral trade. Regarding Japan’s strategic interest in maintaining stability in Europe, while it is a noble idea it will prove to be quite a difficult endeavor. In fact, the rise and collapse of the European Community coupled with it’s numerous failures stand as a testament to the faultlines and tensions in continental Europe. Regarding the Japanese desire to work with European nations to protect the sovereignty of Snow Haven, how does Japan envision this being achieved?”[/i]-President Dobreva

• 3 weeks later...

Kazuko laughed his statement absolutely correct that Europe was filled with more tensions than ever before, "Well... that has gotten far more complex now that EuroComm has failed, but my general belief is that through communication and cooperation upon the economic and potentially militarily and political depending on the situations that arise, The Imperium can work with Europe to build a more prosperous future. Of course I realize some of this is youthful idealism, but unlike most I am actually in a position where I can influence the world." she would look upon one of her hand maidens and be handed an outline for a basic PIAT treaty. "How about this to start things off between us?" She'd ask, handing the document over.

Preamble

The Imperium of Japan, and Republic of Zapadnaya, acknowledge their friendship through this treaty of peace, intelligence, and aid. Both The Imperium of Japan and Republic of Zapadnayan are to remain sovereign, and commit to peaceful relations and mutual respect.

Article I: Peace

Both signatories agree not to commit in hostile actions against the other party. Hostile actions include: aid and support of one's enemies, open warfare, espionage, threats, and negative/provocative comments and/or actions during public discourse.

Article II: Intelligence

Both parties agree to share any and all relevant information concerning the welfare of either signatory. Giving false information shall be considered a delinquency of this treaty, making it void.

Article III: Aid

Both signatories may request aid, rather it be financial or military, through formal private channels. While such requests are optional, they are highly encouraged. Mutual assistance is encouraged.

Article IV: Economic Cooperation

Both signatories agree to work towards technological and economic cooperation to work towards mutually beneficial economic growth and shared prosperity.

Article V: Cancellation

Both signatories agree to give a 72 hour notice in the event of the cancellation of this official and precious document. Both signatories must give each other a pie as a parting gift.

Signed for The Imperium of Japan,

Signed for Republic of Zapadnaya,

"Of course this is a rough draft, feel free to make any changes you think required."

Edited by Mogar

After looking over the draft text, President Dobreva would make a handful of changes before handing it back to the Japanese Empress for her perusal.

"Here is a revised text for your consideration"-Dobreva

Preamble

The Imperium of Japan, and the Zapadnayan Republic, acknowledge their friendship through this treaty of peace, intelligence, and aid. Both The Imperium of Japan and the Zapadnayan Republic are to remain sovereign, and commit to peaceful relations and mutual respect.

Article I: Peace

Both signatories agree not to commit in hostile actions against the other party. Hostile actions include: aid and support of one's enemies, open warfare, espionage, threats, and negative/provocative comments and/or actions during public discourse.

Article II: Intelligence

Both parties agree to share any and all relevant information concerning the welfare of either signatory. Giving false information shall be considered a delinquency of this treaty, making it void.

Article III: Aid

Both signatories may request aid, rather it be financial or military, through formal private channels. While such requests are optional, they are highly encouraged. Mutual assistance is encouraged.

Article IV: Economic Cooperation

Both signatories agree to work towards technological and economic cooperation to work towards mutually beneficial economic growth and shared prosperity.

Article V: Cancellation

Both signatories agree to give a 72 24 hour notice in the event of the cancellation of this official and precious document. Both signatories must give each other a pie as a parting gift.

Signed for The Imperium of Japan,

Signed for the Zapadnayan Republic,

Elena Dobreva, President of Zapadnaya

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

"I can certainly accept that, I evidently had given you an old draft from a far older time, we would also accept a traditional pastry of your selection, it does not need to be a pie, but I am partial to them."

OOC: writing treaties is hard :P

Edited by Mogar

[i]“Of course, your Majesty. Any kind of pie would be acceptable from our standpoint.

As we have agreed the treaty text, all that remains is to sign it. Though I must caution that on our side, the treaty cannot enter into force simply with my signature. Once the pact has been signed, our Constitutional process requires it’s ratification by the Senate. This process usually occurs within 48 hours of the signing of the treaty.

Once ratification occurs, we will send a diplomatic communication to the government of the Imperium of Japan.”[/i]-President Dobreva

Without much fanfare, President Dobreva signed the treaty.

Likewise, the Empress would sign the document. "I understand completely, thankfully I am given enough power to not require such things, though that may change in the coming months depending on how the next election cycle goes, the additional 300 million people will have their own voice and own opinions on how our system would work after all."

The following message would be sent to the Japanese Embassy in Zapadnaya and simultaneously to the Japanese government via Zapadnaya's Embassy in Japan:

"The Government of Zapadnaya extends greetings and well-wishes to Her Imperial Majesty and the Government of Japan and would like to inform the government of Japan that the Zapadnayan Senate has ratified our treaty."