Alvonian-Japanese Relations

Mogar

To: Alvonia Department of Foreign Affairs

Greetings,

As I am currently in Europe visiting the Imperiums friends in France and Snow Haven, I feel I should take the opportunity to reach out to those surrounding my allies in order to discuss a future that ensures a stable and peaceful Western Europe, as Alvonia currently borders both France and Snow Haven, you make an obvious choice to reach out to. If Alvonia shares my vision of a peaceful and prosperous Europe and and wishes to meet with me, send and I shall be there within the hour.

Signed,

-Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of Japan and Joseon, Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure.

Edited by Mogar

The following would be sent in response:

To: Office of the Empress, Imperium of Japan

Greetings,

You and anyone who you may need with you are invited to the Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna. I would be more than glad to receive you as an ally of France and a friend of Alvonia.

Signed,

Director Markus Wilding

The Empress and her two handmaidens as well as two bodyguards would be the party sent upon the SonicStar, arriving a few hours later in Vienna.

OOC: you can skip to the meeting or we can do an arrival and travel scene, up to you.

OOC: Skipping to the meeting

IC:

Upon being led into Director Wilding's office by an aide, Wilding stood and offered refreshments for both the Empress and her entourage. "Empress Hoshiko, welcome to Vienna. I will admit, your letter came as a surprise to us in Alvonia. What can we do for the Imperium today?"

"While most in my position would provide for flowery language and grandiose overtures, I am not one to use such language when in private. The Imperium has been on the road to recovery for over two years now, and while our reconstruction efforts have been successful, our nation requires our exports to begin picking up in order to maintain economic growth and return to a more consumer based economy, rather than the military mode we have been in since the escalations by the former twin Chinas. I am also interested in ensuring the security of Snow Haven while our ally in France is busy internally(OOC: or whatever excuse you'd like to come up with for France being frozen for the next month), As the Imperium is half a world away we cannot defend them solely by ourselves."

"Understandable. I respect people who speak their mind, and not sugercoat words."

"I see. I assume this means some sort of defensive treaty between our states, then, or at the minimum something to ensure no aggressive actions are taken by us against France. I can tell you right now France is a well-respected ally of Alvonia, even if there's nothing on paper I can point to that says as much. With that in mind, what is the Imperium seeking to gain here?"

"While a military treaty may seem a bit overzealous, let me preface with an answer to your question. I am seeking a solid foothold for the Imperium, both economically and strategically, in Europe, that ensures the security of France, as well as makes certain that Snow Haven is left to their own devices, and sovereignty protected. It is unrealistic of the Imperium to be able to respond to a threat to Snow Haven within a reasonable time frame that we'd be of any use to them, making sure we have others to call upon to defend our allies in the region is of great importance to me.

On a more national scale, quite simply we have the capability to produce highly advanced consumer electronics, and simply require markets to sell such products. Of course, in exchange, I'm certain Mitsubishi and our other military involved corporations would absolutely love to collaborate with your own corporations, as your expertise in weapons manufacturing is well known, and together with our slightly more advanced technology capability we can create some incredibly weapons." she said with a smile, hand moving to the Sword of Axum upon her waist, running down the sheathed blade idly.

Edited by Mogar

"Very reasonable, and of course makes perfect sense in perspective. Both of us are too far away to be of any use as a quick-response force. That being said, our markets are more than open to foreign consumer electronics, and with our recent acquirement of both Krupp and Porsche, we own some of the largest companies in Germany. I'm sure there are some companies more than willing to collaborate with Mitsubishi and others to design new weapons."

• 4 weeks later...

"We shall have to let the techies settle out the details, if you'd like I have a prewritten treaty, it is not anything deep, but I feel it makes a good springboard to future relations."

Preamble

The Imperium of Japan, and Alvonia, acknowledge their friendship through this treaty of peace, intelligence, and aid. Both The Imperium of Japan and Alvonia are to remain sovereign, and commit to peaceful relations and mutual respect.

Article I: Peace

Both signatories agree not to commit in hostile actions against the other party. Hostile actions include: aid and support of one's enemies, open warfare, espionage, threats, and negative/provocative comments and/or actions during public discourse.

Article II: Intelligence

Both parties agree to share any and all relevant information concerning the welfare of either signatory. Giving false information shall be considered a delinquency of this treaty, making it void.

Article III: Aid

Both signatories may request aid, rather it be financial or military, through formal private channels. While such requests are optional, they are highly encouraged. Mutual assistance is encouraged.

Article IV: Economic Cooperation

Both signatories agree to work towards technological and economic cooperation to work towards mutually beneficial economic growth and shared prosperity.

Article V: Cancellation

Both signatories agree to give a 72 hour notice in the event of the cancellation of this official and precious document. Both signatories must give each other a pie as a parting gift.

Signed for The Imperium of Japan,

Signed for Alvonia,

"Please feel free to make any changes you would like to, it's merely a basis for us to start with."

She'd think as she signed her own name upon the document. "We'd also accept a traditional German pastry as the parting gift, it need not be a pie. What would the easiest way to trade with your nation be now that you have no coastline? The majority of our trade is sent by ship after all, and I'm thinking Prussia would not be so willing to allow goods to flow into Alvonia without charging a heavy toll at the very least."

Edited by Mogar

"I believe I know just the thing," Wilding said. After a short call, an aide would arrive with a small plate of Prügelkrapfen, presenting it to the Japanese Empress. "I know it's not exactly a pastry, but I'm told this is very popular in Japan as well. As to the coastline issue, we have negotiated with Yugoslavia the use of the port in Koper. I cannot see why there would be an issue with trade coming through."