The Union for Sphere Stability on Red

Letum

NPO controls 33% of the nations on red, but demands 60% control of the senate. You could give up 1 seat to SRA and still control more of the senate than your nations represent of the red team if you were truly being magnanimous.

While I truly appreciate your support US we really don't care to be a part of the Senate process. 

As we've stated already we have full confidence that NPO and the rest will vote on the issues in a way that will  benefit the red sphere (why would they not). We have full confidence NPO will continue to do a good job as the majority of the Senate.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I truly appreciate your support US we really don't care to be a part of the Senate process. 

As we've stated already we have full confidence that NPO and the rest will vote on the issues in a way that will  benefit the red sphere (why would they not). We have full confidence NPO will continue to do a good job as the majority of the Senate.

I understand why you have no issue here and I also have no doubt that NPO will choose what is best for their nations which in most cases will be the majority of nations on red. I am just surprised to see alliances like UCR go along with this as they regularly find themselves at war when the majority of the world is not. What happens when certain senate proposals have do decide between military might and economic benefit while UCR is at war and the rest of red is not (or vice versa)?

At the end of the day I don't see any benefit to any alliance except for NPO. If NPO is going to control 3 senate seats regardless, why even sign this proposal? It seems as though NPO is using the facade of cooperation to ensure they keep their 3 seats and incase they do lose one, they have two other safety votes to make sure they get their way regardless. 

NPO controls 33% of the nations on red, but demands 60% control of the senate. You could give up 1 seat to SRA and still control more of the senate than your nations represent of the red team if you were truly being magnanimous.

We are not being magnanimous. Our goal is a treaty of mutual benefit for whichever alliance wants to partake in it. Nothing more, nothing less.

We are not being magnanimous. Our goal is a treaty of mutual benefit for whichever alliance wants to partake in it. Nothing more, nothing less.

The sooner you, Unknown Smurf, realize no one is being magnanimous here, the sooner we can wrap up this discussion and go eat dinner. You're so thick sometimes jeesh.

An empty good will gesture, under the pretense of beneficial cooperation between all red sphere alliances, that ultimately preserves the status quo. The only interesting pieces of the treaty are that the five seats are being divided between 3 alliances, with NPO getting the majority, and that only the signatories of this treaty's senators are considered legitimate. Unless any independent senator gets the blessing of the signatories of this treaty, they can be targeted along with their alliance due to the very broad scope of the treaty's text since an "unauthorized" independent senator can be branded an external threat and dealt with as such. I'm sure this won't be abused at all. :rolleyes:

I'm a sad panda when this is what passes as drama. :p Looks like NPO would've had 3 seats in any case, so this just seems about normal. Giving NPO anything less than 3 seats for an alliance NPO's size on red would be kind of silly anyway. Senate seats don't mean anything anyway. Even with *gasp* the super duper hard decision of +1 PH or not! How ever will we recover from the loss of thousands of dongs. Congrats guys and see you in the coalition chan in 2015.

I'm a sad panda when this is what passes as drama. :P Looks like NPO would've had 3 seats in any case, so this just seems about normal. Giving NPO anything less than 3 seats for an alliance NPO's size on red would be kind of silly anyway. Senate seats don't mean anything anyway. Even with *gasp* the super duper hard decision of +1 PH or not! How ever will we recover from the loss of thousands of dongs. Congrats guys and see you in the coalition chan in 2015.

y-you too.

baka~

I don't know, it seems quite a few of your members are all up in arms about it.

Edited by IYIyTh

You truly are grasping myth. In case you haven't actually read this thread no one in SRA is mad/upset about this treaty. Questions were asked/statements made and one member voiced an opinion.

An opinion that seems to have been misconstrued by everyone except the members of this treaty it appears.

Trust me, I'm glad we are apparently relevant enough with our 29 members to illicit such a dramatic response from the community but I can assure you we have no real issues with this agreement.

We just don't see a point in joing into such a pact for a few reasons.

1. We do not have the voting force to gain a seat.

2. We really don't care for the paperwork involved in senatorial decision making.

3. And this is the important one. We have full confidence the senate members will vote in a way that will benefit us as members of the red team. It makes no sense to vote in a way that  would harm the sphere and NPO has ALWAYS had the best intentions for red.

You truly are grasping myth. In case you haven't actually read this thread no one in SRA is mad/upset about this treaty. Questions were asked/statements made and one member voiced an opinion.

An opinion that seems to have been misconstrued by everyone except the members of this treaty it appears.

Trust me, I'm glad we are apparently relevant enough with our 29 members to illicit such a dramatic response from the community but I can assure you we have no real issues with this agreement.

2. We really don't care for the paperwork involved in senatorial decision making.

3. And this is the important one. We have full confidence the senate members will vote in a way that will benefit us as members of the red team. It makes no sense to vote in a way that  would harm the sphere and NPO has ALWAYS had the best intentions for red.

As a fellow Member of SRA, i agree with Xanth.

I don't know, it seems quite a few of your members are all up in arms about it.

Oh, another one of these posts.

Unless the phrases "quite a few"  and "all up in arms" have been completely redefined, I think you probably should have ended your sentence right after "I don't know."

Holy backtrack batman.

I'd say going from "what gives you the right," and clearly leading into "evil NPO,"  histrionics with your fellow ally to trying to squelch the sentiment is a rapid development, though a welcome remedy to what's becoming a trend.

That you decided  you'd like to distance yourself from it isn't something you need to get all snarky about.

Edited by IYIyTh

^ this

Completely agree with xanth.

Holy backtrack batman.

I'd say going from "what gives you the right," and clearly leading into "evil NPO,"  histrionics with your fellow ally to trying to squelch the sentiment is a rapid development, though a welcome remedy to what's becoming a trend.

That you decided  you'd like to distance yourself from it isn't something you need to get all snarky about.

You really haven't gotten any better at this have you.

Besides whining and complaining, taking things out of context isn't new to your lot literally or figuratively.

While I concede that you saying "I don't want to be right" was taken out of context, it is nonetheless accurate with regard to your comments in this thread, none of which have been correct:

"Quite a few SRA members" had not posted.

None of them were "up in arms".

There were zero "histrionics" from SRA or allies.

At no point was "What gives NPO the right" nor "NPO is evil" suggested by us.

There was no "backtracking".

There was no "complaining" or "whining".

Not sure if you're just skimming the thread or just trolling it, but in either case you are derailing it by opining upon things that the quote function could easily disprove.

TL; DR for the thread:

NPO, Invicta and UCR signed a senate treaty

SRA declines to participate due to rationally stated concerns

Letum of NPO rationally addresses concerns

Happily, basic facts of treaty are not contradicted by NPO or SRA viewpoints

SRA still uninterested, but largely unconcerned as treaty unlikely to hurt them

Life on Red Team carries on

|Y|yth injects drama where none previously existed

Walsh the Beloved hails red one last time before hopefully abandoning thread

o/ RED