Prussian Spartan Drinking Contest

Triyun

Ambassador Telecus would enter the Prussian palace with three casks of Spartan Mead and twelve goats to slaughter for dinner.  Such was the custom of Sparta.  The Prussians had earned Spartan respect, as much of the basic military thought that governed Sparta has been originated in the Kingdom of Prussia, which had managed to transform a small state into a military great power even surrounded by Europe's largest states.  As such, the Spartans would judge for themselves the character of these new Prussians.

As the doors opened into the palace, Ambassador Telecus roared loudly, "I AM TELECUS OF SPARTA!!! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CONTEST OF FOOD AND DRINK!!!!" he said pounding his spear on the ground.

Friedrich von Hohenzollern was more of a barrel-chested fighting man than a strategist, so when a Spartan turned up on his doorstep threatening to furnish the palace with goat's blood, he couldn't help but give a grin. Pulling the man into a side room, he slammed down two jugs onto a thin wooden table and gestured to them.

"HAHAHAHA!!!!" Telecus roared as he filled his hosts jug with Spartan mead made from the finest grecian honey.  "To a glorious youth!  And a glorious death in battle!" he said before throwing it back and downing the whole mug and topping off both of them.

"With your permission let us discuss business over a great feast, READY THE GOAT!!!" he yelled, as a loud scream was heard outside, then spartans brought in wood to begin roasting the meat of the many animals for the Palace and its staff on the lawns.

Amidst the confusion of the palace workers, Friedrich happily downed the drink and rubbed his hands for the goat to come.

"Aye, be my guest, friend! We pay these servants enough and it's high time they got some of the bloody action for themselves. I trust you're in the business of war, else I'm going to have to send you packing"

"Aye, war, battle, these are the exports of Sparta.  We search out the thrill of the fight, and embrace it, it makes us strong!  Prussia has had a similar history of glorious warriors, we hope that you have not forgotten it?!"