Mother Russia

Kevin Kingswell

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Before you attacked our allies and their successor states we barely had 10% of our military mobilized.. we were at peace.. and more interested in the moon than the Earth. If your citizens percieve us as a threat it is you who have shaped that perspective. You can reshape it again if you wish. We would much rather return to that prior state of rest and exploration." Wangchuck replied.

"Impossible. If we had not been restricted from expanding through the rest of Siberia then we would most likely if not certainly worked at lowering the tensions among our nations and perhaps in the future became allies. Now we recognise you all as threats and will not forget the constraints you placed upon us. You will have to suffer through the results like the rest of us."

Classified

Construction of a SOSUS in the waters off the northern coast of the Russian Empire would begin, in addition development and construction of early warning AESA radar systems across the whole nation would also be started. Finally construction materials and personnel would be sent to the border with the DMZ for future planned works on fortifying the DMZ border.  

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

"You know as well as I those constraints could be as easily dropped as they were raised.. but you have a trust problem in the region. I continue dialogue with you because I am willing to take the first moves to show you that trust is possible, but I have to see a willingness to reciprocate. Remember, Maelstrom sat aside at the meeting and did not oppose your proposals. Others did due to their justifiable concerns. He was willing to let you have what you had desired to bring the peace, but the others also needed their security. As usual, we're trying to act as mediators." Wangchuck observed.

"Have your cohorts drop the Siberian restrictions and I will guarantee you a stand down of Imperial forces and a massive push for improving and maintaining positive diplomatic relations with all involved Asian nations. Failure to have the restrictions dropped will result in increased negative relations and further work on improving and expanding of Imperial military might."

"I may be able to convince the others, but I have little influence with Japan. Keep your forces at the very least away from Druk Yul borders, we'll pull back.. and if you want to sit at the DMZ while we work, you can. However, the best way you can help me be convincing is also to pull back from the DMZ as of your own good will to show my peers you are sincere. As for Japan.... I'm not sure I can convince them, but I'll try." - King Wangchuck

OOC: Optional recognition only

Classified

At the secret Bulan research and development center a brand new project has been put into motion. Summoning the brightest engineers and scientists from across the nation work has been started on a brand new project. This project is known as Project: Mobile Suit. So far massive amounts of metal and cable have been shipped and transported to the Bulan center along with huge amounts of computer equipment.

The Imperium, unlike Druk Yul would not make diplomatic overtures and instead the forces in Liaoning would begin pouring into the Sakha Republic, 1400 Type 90 Kyū-maru tanks, as well as 400 Type 10 Hitomaru, complimented by 200 Type 60 Self-propelled 106 mm Recoilless Guns, 400 Type 99 155 mm self-propelled howitzers, 60 MCLs, 60 Type 75 130 mm MRLs. 80 Type 87 self-propelled anti-aircraft gun would be attached throughout the massive movement of forces. several thousand Type 89 IFVs and Type 96 APCS carrying a total of 80,000 soldiers would set up across the following basic force movements. No word would be sent, but any attempts to cross the line of observation posts would be met with a harsh reprisal, it was up to the Russian Empire what the next move would be.

forcemovements.png

So far Imperial Russian counter movements would be limited in form consisting of moving observation satellites to the DMZ border to observe hostile force movements and to reconnoiter enemy defensive positions. Other than this the only other move would be for the Imperial Russian navy to sail our of port and proceed to a position not far from the coastline off the DMZ. The Imperial Russian navy was very small in strength for a nation of such size consisting of  two destroyer class vessels and four frigate class vessels for support. These six vessels would set themselves in position and hold said position close to the northern most edge of the DMZ.  

実験武器フォース, The Imperium's Experimental Weapon Force would take the chance to begin testing its mobile suits in Eastern Siberia, far enough away they would not be seen by any potential SATINT of the DMZ, but close enough they could be brought to bear if the need required. Through the graciousness of Tikal, the Imperium created a modified An-225 Mriya for this purpose, within it's expanded cargo hold a RX-78-1 Prototype and a Type 14 Hover Tank, the technologies were created in tandem, the Hover Tank carrying spare parts to allow combat engineers to perform active maintenance should the need arise, the intent was to allow for teams of mobile suits to be set up, contained 3 to 4 suits per combat engineer squad. Landing at a sparse airbase 100km to the east of Yakutsk, testing operations would begin, the suits performed slowly, but it was hoped with practice and refinement the technology would surpass even the Tikal Mobile Suit design.

The Imperium had chosen a different design path than their Central American counterparts, although both were designed with the concept of close quarters combat, the Imperium made the decision to prefer a lighter design to allow for faster movement during combat, when the prototype stage was completed it was hoped that war games would be held to further refine both designs and allow their alliance to achieve near total dominance of any combat arena with these massive weapons of destructive power.

Druk Yul's sats took note of the moble suit operation. Space Com began to take notes on their performance parameters and began sending feedback to DYSA.

Updated: 1 hour later: Interesting activity over both sides of the DMZ prompted a Druk Yul intel over-flight. An Archangel aircraft outfitted with intelligence gathering equipment including hi resolution cameras, infra red motion sensors, and multi-spectrum imaging systems overflew the regions at 90,000 feet traveling at mach 6. It would turn around over the north pole, and then burn back home.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The greatest force in Imperial Russian history was assembled close to the DMZ as the two hundred thousand strong force of infantry and vehicles made their way to the DMZ front line, they traveled in a huge parade formation as they were unable to hide themselves from sight. Along with with advancing armoured and armed transports holding the infantry, one thousand and five hundred main battle tanks drove with them while small groups of self propelled artillery and multiple rocket launcher vehicles supported from the rear of the battle force. Mobile surface to air missile vehicles accompanied the group and were constantly watching the air space above for any threats. This force was so large that the snow and mud kicked up would be visible by the naked eye long before the battle group itself came into sight.

Supporting the ground forces below came three hundred air to air interceptor planes of the Imperial air force for engaging enemy air threats while one hundred four engine bombers flew in tight formation so that their turret gunners could provide security and to help enhance the small electronic counter measures each plane carried. Their short distance and large numbers amplifying the effect. 

Out at sea the six war ships of the Imperial Russian navy took up a line formation and turned their guns to face the shore line, their computers linking with Imperial Russian satellites for coordinates. Close air defense and missile defense system were brought online and placed at maximum readiness.   

Construction of forward operating base Bravo Two Zulu would begin with basic construction supplies and materials being delivered to a point a short distance behind the Russian side of the DMZ. With the Imperial army to the front and spreading out across the DMZ roughly identical to the way the Japanese were the base's construction should be free from danger and interference. For now only the most basic parts of the base would be built such as the barbed wire perimeter fences, the wooden watch towers and the raising of the tent facilities such as the makeshift med bay, command center and armory and so on. Further construction and upgrading of the base will be carried out over time.    

A surprise protest occurred in the capital's central square when between roughly three to four thousand citizens gathered to protest against what they were calling "heavy handed and aggressive moves by the Emperor towards the other Asian nations". The response from the Emperor was swift and brutal. Internal security bureau troops descended on the protest with batons, shields and riot gas stunning and subduing the protesters, most were forced to return to their homes but any agitators and visible ring leaders were sought out and arrested. These people would be taken away and interrogated by the ISB before being dealt with after everything useful was learnt from them. 

Eventually the four prime ring leaders of the protesters were gathered and taken back to the original scene of the protest where they would be made to kneel before live reporter crews and cameras and then swiftly executed by beheading. Their gore soaked bodies would be left right in front of the cameras as a clear warning to any other subversive elements that dared to stand against the Emperor.

A private note would be sent to the Russian Emperor.

"We are appalled at your utter lack of taste in handling rebels. Beheading them in public was really not necessary. Every second-rate executioner could tell you that beheading is for honourable folk. A true tyrant would have properly used a gallow (short-drop naturally) or a sharpened pole. We would hope that you learn to discipline your population in the proper ways and not be an embarrassment to other rulers of god's grace, who have to share this Eurasian landmass with dilletantes like you.

Signed,

Maria, Queen of the Romanians"

Deep down Mei and Lee hated what they saw. They were still in Shangri-La at the time and were getting ready to meet with Maelstrom at the temple again for a more personal visit this time. They knew deep down this was probably directed at them and they hated it when they saw the executions but knew there was nothing they could do about it at that time. "If things dont calm down soon Mei than the MHC (OOC: The ones that have been trying to kill Mei and Lee) will be the least of our worries."

"I know Lee but right now there is nothing we can do about it. The casualties if we were to send SEATO forces in would be extremely high on both sides even though we probably would win and the Emperor is too well guarded to even think about sending in an assasin. Those people knew the risks when they started that protest and we are not going to risk our troops to supposedly "avenge" them."

"So we are just going to do nothing about it?"

"We will make sure all of our borders remain secure but for now there is nothing else we can do."

Edited by jesbro

A private reply would be sent back to maria, Queen of the Romanians

"This protest caught us by surprise dear madam and after a swift but bloody interrogation I decided on making a point to the other rebel elements as quickly as I could. There was little time to think up some elaborate way of executing the filthy rebels however, your words have struck a chord within my heart and I shall ensure that I have my engineers  design some form of execution for any further peasant rebel scum that does not offend your sensibilities. If you have any suggestions please send them to me. I can ensure you they will be well received.

With much love

Emperor Maximilian Varos of the Russian Empire 

A private, handwritten note would be sent to the Russian Emperor:

"What show of force this was! Swift and to the point, and done tastefully in a way as to instill love and fear of your Imperial Highness! But we are afraid that the public spectacle, as titillating as the sight of the blood-soaked bodies to serve as a just example to your People, create too much mess that would plainly be embarrassing for your Government to clean up afterwards. May I suggest the disposal of the bodies by feeding them to bears in distant locations, or even more better, feeding them while they're still alive! This would enable your Government to dispose of its enemies more effectively, sate the hunger of the bears and other animals in the wild, and instill greater love and respect in your people by making them mull over the implications behind the disappearance of conspirators.

Signed,
Vladimir Putin,
Prime Minister of Muscovy"
Edited by JEDCJT

A private reply would be sent to Mr Putin

"Dear sir your recommendation to feed the rebels to bears has greatly entertained me with the delicious fun it could bring. Not only can we feed our supply of Russian bears but I feel that it could be made a wholesome family event. Parents could bring their children out every Thursday to see rebels and criminals fed to our great wild bear friends and at the same time learn about the joy that is the Russian wildlife. Thank you deeply for such an idea and please enjoy a gift of our finest vodka, free of charge of course"

A bottle of the finest Imperial Russian vodka would be sent along with the note as a gift for Mr Putin. 

Encrypted Reply:

"No luck thus far. It's been a quiet week diplomatically. We've pulled back to show our good intent but the Japanese seem insistent on defending their sphere of influence. They're not comfortable with you. We're keeping tabs on the DMZ to make sure no one trespasses from either side. You both look like you're about to go at each other and I'd strongly recommend neither of you do... but if there is such a war, SEATO will remain neutral unless you cross the DMZ you agreed upon.. and we'd have to reconsider the DMZ if a war of aggression was perpetrated by Japan against you in order to allow you to defend yourself."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex