FAN Announcement

I can appreciate the Irony Meth! I'll clear up a misconception though, Polaris isn't criticizing anybody. One of our respected members is stating his opinion and I 100% support his right to do so but at no time did he imply he was speaking for us as an alliance. We did our talking on the battlefield when DBDC visited and when those wars ended we went both went about our business as normal.

I realize Starfox101 can't speak for all of you, so more accurately I should of said its ironic to see a member of NpO critizing an alliance for a policy deeply ingrained in the history of NpO and NPO. NPO still grants duel membership to former Emperors who leave, who are allowed to retain their title of Imperator Emeritus within the alliance. Even if NpO doesn't have something similar for former Emperors, your alliance did benefit from it back when NPO and NpO were allied.

As far back as when Ivan was around, i still thought to some extent it was possible the orders could all be part of larger alliance, who might of been just trying to appear like they weren't allied closely, so each could build up treaties individually. However the more i see the Orders at each other's throats and showing no real cooperation, the more I see Moldavi's vision failing and what he was created wasted. If NPO, NpO, and NSO all allowed duel membership and had leaders working together, then I think the Orders would be capable of becoming a Super Power again, rather than each being an alliance without much clout and fighting each other..

With NPO having done much to restore their image, I think NpO should remember their purpose and see what you guys can accomplish together with NPO (NSO as well). Create a more powerful Order capable of throwing their weight around, by taking advantage of what Ivan Moldavi has left you guys and no longer acting like NpO has been completely stripped of its identity. I think NpO's mistake preventing them from becoming a big player is you've decided no longer to allow duel memberships, which facilitate better cooperation between the Orders. Alone each of you is like chicken with its head cut off.

Rather than have members criticize other alliances for allowing policies which served NpO very well in your prime, you guys would do well to be allowing duel memberships again; if you want to become a real Super Power with anywhere near the power One Vision once had.

Edited by Methrage

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

OoOs dual membership failed because of bickering and a difference in ideals between the two alliances. If they were only trying to be a superpower, then they would have just become 1 alliance rather than two separate entities. As they grew, they grew apart and now we have what we see today, reconciling "enemies." 

There would be no point in forcing the orders together

P.S. NSO doesn't count as an order (in this instance at least -- as they never had anything close to OoO with either Order. The closest was frostbite and that was never the same level). 

EDIT: After some factchecking I see that 1V and OoO did overlap for some period of time. My point remains though. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

OoOs dual membership failed because of bickering and a difference in ideals between the two alliances. If they were only trying to be a superpower, then they would have just become 1 alliance rather than two separate entities. As they grew, they grew apart and now we have what we see today, reconciling "enemies." 

There would be no point in forcing the orders together

P.S. NSO doesn't count as an order (in this instance at least -- as they never had anything close to OoO with either Order. The closest was frostbite and that was never the same level). 

EDIT: After some factchecking I see that 1V and OoO did overlap for some period of time. My point remains though. 

I think out of mutual benefit for both alliances, they should want to join forces at some point and if they don't its the result of failures in leadership on both sides. The main strength of OoO was they were two separate alliances, so any alliance could ally each of them individually depending on preferences; so combined they had almost the whole treaty web behind them eventually. That NPO and NpO have each been seeking out allies separately makes it very possible for them to gain a similar strength once more if they reinstate something similar to OoO, by putting their past bickering behind them.

FAN did do something about it, they had a nation declare on tJL and nuke them. Although both parties have agreed on not escalating this and talking to each other about the senate in the future instead. So your comments don't make much sense compared to the reality of the situation. Personally I like both tJL and FAN, so I think its good they worked things out; even if tJL had the right to defend themselves and escalate it further on their end if they wanted.

We dealt with the rogue attack. There was no need to escalate so we didn't. We're boring, etc.

If yall were somehow implying that Javahouse used the DBDC AA to launch consequence free attacks on Polar, I think there'd be a point then. If yall're saying WhiteChocolate is using DBDC to get a free pass when WhiteChocolate has never left the DBDC AA, that doesn't make a ton of sense.

What's the line from earlier in this thread again? tJL: Worse than Continuum?

So cool how this FAN announcement is actually an argument about White Chocolate.

Cheers!

So much <3.

WC's recent coining of the phrase "duel membership" is fitting because she has lots of membership and DBDC likes to duel.

If NPO, NpO, and NSO all allowed duel membership and had leaders working together, then I think the Orders would be capable of becoming a Super Power again, rather than each being an alliance without much clout and fighting each other..

NSO is not an "Order". It is its own thing from the very beginning with its own distinct philosophy and mentality. For which it should be recognized and respected. Branding it an "Order" is superficial and incorrect mark. Besides that, Orders superpower thing has been, as you well know, done already.

More on point, good to see nuke diplomacy ultimately reaching its goals :).