Of Persia and Egypt

Biohazard

A message was delivered to the Persian government, informing them of the creation of an embassy in Alexandria specifically for them. Should they choose to visit, the Bishop of Alexandria, Ioannes Palaiologos, would be willing to meet with them to discuss the future of the two nations and whether or not any mutually beneficial interactions between the two could take place. 

After word was sent to the Persian government, a private jet would make its way to their capitol to deliver their leadership to Alexandria. 

Upon receiving the message, the Imperial Minister of Foreign Affairs, Asab Zehreh, would depart the Imperial Capital of Persepolis for Alexandria. Upon arriving, he would meet with the Bishop of Alexandria to discuss future relations.

"Evening. It's an honor and a privilege to be here in your fine country.", Zehreh said, with a smile on his face. 

Ioannes stood, shaking the hand of Asab. "It is an honor to have you here in our capitol,"  he replied.

He gestured for the man to sit opposite him. "I'm glad that you've agreed to meet with me, too," he added. "Persia, while close with our allies, is not close with Alexandria, and this is something that I seek to rectify. Tell me, what can Alexandria agree to to bring our two nations closer together?"

Minister Zahreh nodded and smiled, "Indeed, we do share some of the same allies. Therefore, we believe it would be beneficial for the both of our states to establish closer relations as well. In my opinion, a defense and economic document would benefit us greatly."

"Defense you say?" asked Ioannes curiously. "I do not think that Alexandria would be able to offer up much in the way of defense. Currently, the only way we can get to you is either through Babylon, which may not always be the case, or through the sea, where our lack of a navy makes it improbable for us to properly project our military power." He scratched his chin inquisitively, "While we can agree to economic benefits, we may have to rethink the defense portion of this agreement."

"Perhaps optional defense, if anything," said Ioannes. 

Zahreh rubbed his chin, "We understand your situation; therefore, an Optional Defense clause would be sufficient and beneficial." Zahreh reached into his dossier and pulled out a rough draft of the treaty.

Article I: Non-aggression and Friendship
Both nations shall remain civil to each other at all times and to agree not to endorse or engage military action against the other signatory.

Article II: Intelligence
The signatories agree to provide any information that could be perceived as a threat to the other signatory.

Article III: Aid
The following signatories agree to provide aid to each other when it is deemed absolutely necessary for the survival of their nation. In other situations it is allowed but not required.

Article IV: Optional Defense
Both signatories agree to contact the other signatory in times of military strife, for them to consider the possibility of them entering the conflict on their respective side.

Article V: Cancellation

Violations of any article of this treaty will result in cancellation. If either signatory decides they wish to cancel this treaty, they will give 24 hours notice plus inform the other signatory as to why.

Ioannes read through the treaty, grunting his approval with it. He turned his attention back towards the Persian. "Would it be possible for the Empire to provide military advisors, and a cheaper weaponry selection for Alexandria? If you can agree to this, then my signature will be signed very swiftly," he said, pulling out a pen for emphasis. 

Ioannes clapped his hands together. "That would be splendid! I am quite pleased with our current agreement, so if you don't mind.." He john hancock's his name at the bottom of the document before sliding it across the table to the Persian diplomat. Ioannes extended his hand across the table, looking the man in his eyes. "It is an honor to have you as an ally. I hope that our nations will continue to grow closer, in the coming future."