Belarus-Hungary-Romania

Mr Director

Classified message

To: The Hungarian and Romanian governments

"The Belarusian government has received word of the possibilities of a three-way military pact between our three nations, and would like to suggest a trilateral meeting, our three governments. We believe that such a pact would be useful in preventing future crisis, and could help in making Eastern Europe a better place for all."

Ooc: Figured that I'd star a separate thread for this :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Romanian envoy would be greeted by President Lukachenko himself. The meeting itself would be held in a specially prepared building in Minsk. The President would enquire as to how the newly formed state of Romania was doing, while he waited for the arrival of the Hungarian diplomat.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs (will come up with a name for him soon) arrives in Minsk and shakes the Belarussian Prime Minister and Nicolae Georgescu hand warmly and excitedly.

"My friends...." he beams proudly "It is my greatest honor and greatest pleasure to announce to Hungary-Slovakia's two allies, that today we have test fired three short-range, 40 mile, tactical missiles inside Hungary's borders, just half an hour from the Hungary-Alvonia border.  

We are very proud and very excited to announce that ALL THREE test fires were complete successes!"

MGM-140_Atacms_01.jpg

pak.jpg

(Edit: Tamas Sandor sounds like a decent name for my Minister of Foreign Affairs)

Edited by Euphaia

After exchanging handshakes with both Lukashenko and the Magyar Minister of Foreign Affairs, Georgescu would state that Romania was doing quite well, consolidating its civil order and that the recent liberation of Bucharest from criminal elements has greatly helped the country become established in its own capital once more. Apart from a few issues regarding Romanian minorities abroad, some leftist and liberal agitation at home and the issue with Alvonia at hand, the Kingdom was in quite a good shape.

He then also congratulated the Hungarian minister to the successful test and awaited the start of the meeting to discuss the agreement.

Once they arrived at the location for the conference, the President began to speak.

"I believe we all know what we are here to discuss: A three way agreement of Mutual Defense. From what I have heard, the Hungarian and Romanian governments have already spoken on this matter, so I will just go ahead and state the Belarusian position on the matter. It is in our belief that such a pact would go a long way towards improving the security of our nations and of Eastern Europe as a whole. This region has suffered through numerous crisis, and the only thing that can create a lasting peace is cooperation amongst nations within the region that share common goals. What would be your opinions on such an agreement?"

*The Hungarian Foreign Minister receives a phone call. After a few minutes, he hangs up and addresses the diplomats in the room.*

I have yet some more great news.  We have just spoken to Ukraine, and they are most willing to form a Four-Way Mutual Defense Pact with all of us.

If there are not any objections to it, my government has invited Ukraine to join us here at this meeting.

*The Minister of Foreign Affairs gets an urgent phone call.*

Comrades, it looks like the shit is about to hit the fan.  

It is our sincerest hope that you all are with Hungary Slovakia, and are willing to put an end to Alvonia's madness once and for all.

Ah yes, I forget none of your government is present at Carthage, my apologies.

In our  opinion, Alvonia is interfering and hindering alliance operations by being unreasonable at every turn.  They insist on having 100% of Subcarpathia and 100% of Poland.  Even despite our offers to jointly share Subcarpathia with Alvonia, or to let us buy 10 or 15 percent of Subcarpathia at least.   They refused at any price.

Hungary-Slovakia feels that such adamant hindering of Hungary-Belarus operations, to the extent that would make our alliance much harder to sustain, is an Act of Aggression by Alvonia against both Hungary-Slovakia and Belarus.

Georgescu nodded. "Well, we do have a defensive alliance. We appreciate the efforts Hungary made to work on a peaceful solution and would hope it will also be as reasonable to seek such resolutions in any coming crisis, but it is clear, Alvonia is not reasonable. Romania leaves the decisions on how to proceed to Hungary-Slovakia and Belarus, however, we are determined to assist you, should your nation come under attack. It is her majesty's opinion, that as talks seemingly go nowhere, it would be still legitimate should Hungary abort them. In such a case, we would advise however that no action is taken against Alvonia, unless they fire first.

Additionally, I would like to inquire on whether my fellow partners here see their armies as capable of fighting, not only Alvonia, but possibly any allies of theirs? It would be good to know, if any deficiencies exist in this regard, before there is a full war at our hands."

Georgescu nodded. "Well, we do have a defensive alliance. We appreciate the efforts Hungary made to work on a peaceful solution and would hope it will also be as reasonable to seek such resolutions in any coming crisis, but it is clear, Alvonia is not reasonable. Romania leaves the decisions on how to proceed to Hungary-Slovakia and Belarus, however, we are determined to assist you, should your nation come under attack. It is her majesty's opinion, that as talks seemingly go nowhere, it would be still legitimate should Hungary abort them. In such a case, we would advise however that no action is taken against Alvonia, unless they fire first.

Additionally, I would like to inquire on whether my fellow partners here see their armies as capable of fighting, not only Alvonia, but possibly any allies of theirs? It would be good to know, if any deficiencies exist in this regard, before there is a full war at our hands."

"While we understand that this statement was directed towards Hungary, we would merely like to state that Belarus has no interests in launching aggressive actions against Alvonia, and we have offered some considerable concessions, on which we are currently awaiting Alvonia's reply. We believe that our military is currently able to handle any conflict in Poland, short of a full-scale Babylonian or American intervention or nuclear strike.