Arbitrary player exclusion

The Zigur

So apparently despite the fact that there was a vote for rule change which formalized the process for removing players and removed power from the hands of abusive "game moderators," the current elite has arbitrarily decided that I am banned. When I tried to access #CNRP2 yesterday, I found I was banned and unable to communicate with other players.

There are however logs available from yesterday that I was able to access:

[14:38:01] <Lynneth> So, other than anatolian stuff and Curry, anything else that changed on the map?
[14:38:21] <Mogar> no thats it
[14:38:24] <Mogar> and my islands
[14:38:25] <Lynneth> Kay
[14:38:32] <Lynneth> islands, blah?
[14:38:32] <Mogar> im giving up most of the whatever those islands are
[14:38:40] <Lynneth> the pacific islands?
[14:38:52] *** Mergerberger has quit (Ping timeout)
[14:38:57] <Mogar> yeah
[14:39:08] <Lynneth> Huh
[14:39:09] <Lynneth> Why?
[14:39:09] <Mogar> i dont need them with tywin gone and no real problems in the pacific
[14:39:20] <Lynneth> lol
[14:39:21] <Mogar> and I wont have any story use for them
[14:39:21] <Lynneth> kay
[14:39:26] <Mogar> so let them be whitespace
[14:40:59] <Lynneth> kay
[14:41:22] <Lynneth> Well, other than the baltic and britain, europe's full as it's never been
[14:42:06] <Lynneth> I'll upload the new map tomorrow
[14:43:06] <Mogar> i have no issues with tywin being britain
[14:43:10] <Mogar> since it isnt anywhere near me
[14:43:12] <Mogar> :3
[14:45:54] <Lynneth> he's still B&, so $%&@ that. :V
[14:49:28] <Zoot> bah tywin is going to ruin britain
[14:49:29] <Zoot> >.<
[14:50:30] <Lynneth> just ignore him
[14:50:32] <Lynneth> like I do
[14:52:37] <Rudolph> He's banned anyway, Zoot, so just ignore him :v

So can we get some information why some of the CNRP2 OOC bullies are clique and deliberately ignoring the rules?
Edited by Tywin Lannister

To be honest, you would be hard pressed to find any major rules that Tywin broke, aside from that spawning ships in the Black Sea thingy. Most of the rules he did break are the same ones just about every noob breaks.(although Tywins been around long enough to not be a noob) :P

All it is is using ooc means to eliminate an IC threat. It was done with both Hawaii and USSE Ubersteinia, they simply dont like how disruptive I am to their easy-button style of imperialist gameplay.

All it is is using ooc means to eliminate an IC threat. It was done with both Hawaii and USSE Ubersteinia, they simply dont like how disruptive I am to their easy-button style of imperialist gameplay.

Disruptive and thickheaded aren't synonyms.  The fact is when literally everyone but you and 1 or 2 others who are your buds say the rule says one thing, including those who wrote them, and you argue no it really doesn't, you're simply wrong.  If you don't like a rule put up a poll to change it, that's not an excuse to god mode or grand stand which is what you did in those nations and what you are doing in this topic.

I never once god-modded or broke any rules in either CNRP1, I made arguments for my position. In the case of CNRP1 I simply withdrew my nation, in the case of CNRP2 the GMs initiated retcons when I exploited poorly written rules.

Aaaaaaaaand he admits it!

Edited by JEDCJT

There was no legitimate vote to get me out anyway, no established rules for "probation," the complete retcon was arbitrary, one of the GMs isnt even elected. So if the mods persist in being a-holes, so will I.

The important question is not whether or not the way Tywin acted in the past was wrong. He was voted out regardless. What is important here is if Tywin is willing to agree to make a good faith effort to follow the rules and to additionally respect GM/community decisions in regards to rule interpretations, votes, and such. There is nothing wrong with RPing an antagonistic nation in the RP, so long as you're not using it as a foil to pursue OOC interests. But there is something wrong with being an antagonistic community member.

The important question is not whether or not the way Tywin acted in the past was wrong. He was voted out regardless. What is important here is if Tywin is willing to agree to make a good faith effort to follow the rules and to additionally respect GM/community decisions in regards to rule interpretations, votes, and such. There is nothing wrong with RPing an antagonistic nation in the RP, so long as you're not using it as a foil to pursue OOC interests. But there is something wrong with being an antagonistic community member.

^^^

Hereno shot up a bunch of people at a conference, but you don't see a vote to remove him from the RP. Why? Because he isn't an antagonistic community member.