Alliances that don't require forum usage?

SirWilliam

So unlike the majority of alliances that feel recruiting can only be done in the most impersonal manner possible, I actually do quite a bit conversing with newer nations. I'm frequently asked which alliances don't require forum usage but don't generally have an answer.

Any idea which alliances I can send these nations to? I don't mean micros that barely functionally exist either, perhaps there are some that are fairly active and competent that just keep things in-game...

The Sandstorm Confederacy does not require forum usage.

:D   We use the in-game systems .. we do have a forum (and try to get everyone on it)  but it is not required to be involved in the alliance  :ehm:

We do use Facebook but 90% of our CN related info is done ingame, especially with the new (ish) alliance announcements feature. (Like aid/trade rings/tech dealing/war prep/who to dec on/etc).

That said we don't accept members without vouches but at the same time I don't want to lose more rulers..

Let's get together on IRC or your forums and discuss the competency level/needs of these members, maybe we can get them somewhere that works for them.

EDIT: working with the assumption that some, if not all, of these members aren't interested in any offsite so Id want to put them somewhere they dot have to do that.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Yeah, Death Remnants does not use a forum, because personallyI think that having to sign up to a billion different to play cybernations is just annoying.

We just use the alliance annuncement feature when we need to do stuff, and whenever we approve somebody, I give them alliance announcement.

I have never required forum presence in CA, although at one time it was encouraged.

I did a security audit, determined that the forum itself was our only real vulnerability, and eliminated it.

IRC is highly encouraged, and between it, in-game mails, regular emails, skype... there are so many other ways to communicate I dont particularly miss it.

CA may be somewhat unusual both because it's never been a large alliance and because there have never been any 'regime change' events, whereas most alliances do go through a regime change on a regularly or irregularly scheduled basis and need to have that central forum as a 'thing' to hand over each time.  But even so, ownership of the irc channel (and nowadays, the in-game AA) are more important than maintaining a forum IMOP.  So any serious players that just dont like forums, send em my way, thanks :awesome:

We at The Annunaki Bloodline Society do not require forum usage. We would like for players to sign up, however, We have all members designated for Announcements incase of any needs or questions anyway. We understand that some people play differently so we try to accomodate to that.

Riot Society uses Skype quite a bit for building relations with nations within the alliance.

Actually. RIOT had maybe 4-10 posts on our forums until you merged into RIOT. We used irc, and that was it, our forum usage, which probably fails in comparison to other AA's has been used 10000x fold more, skype (now), and IRC has always been the communication for RIOT. 

All we asked was that you sign up on the forums, just incase we had to issue something bigger than a small alliance announcement, or on irc. But using our forums was not needed to be a member. 

So unlike the majority of alliances that feel recruiting can only be done in the most impersonal manner possible, I actually do quite a bit conversing with newer nations. I'm frequently asked which alliances don't require forum usage but don't generally have an answer.

When I did recruiting (which was often prior to joining DBDC) I would invite a number of long term non-aligned nations to join the alliance I was in at the time and the most common comment I would get from them is "as long as I don't have to sign up on a forum." I got that comment constantly. It's part of the reason I helped support Radix Omnium Malorum Avaritia. So that there was at least some place I could send those nations.

Now that we have the ability to intereact internally in game through in-game alliance announcements I'm actually somewhat surprised that there are not more alliances that do not require signing up on an out of game forum. Edited by White Chocolate