Obligatory clarification regarding recent ToS/Game Change

IYIyTh

So someone in our alliance's brother wants to play.

What exactly are the new rules for accessing Cybernation's from the same network?

Can they access it from the same device, the same time, etc?

The way I understand is they can get on at the same time on the same device or different. They are safe as long as there is no trading of any kind between them or using a third party.

This is how I understand it.

What happens if Nation A (say Myth) resource trades with nation B who then tech deals with Nation C (myths relation)

OR what happens in a war scenario if previously Myth had tech dealed with a nation weeks before who then aided nation C because they were at war?

Is that against the ToS?

The way I understand is they can get on at the same time on the same device or different. They are safe as long as there is no trading of any kind between them or using a third party.

This is how I understand it.

Sure. I just want to hear from the modthaurities before I give his brother the go ahead.

Better safe than banned, as they say.

What happens if Nation A (say Myth) resource trades with nation B who then tech deals with Nation C (myths relation)

OR what happens in a war scenario if previously Myth had tech dealed with a nation weeks before who then aided nation C because they were at war?

Is that against the ToS?

This is also going to be very important knowledge for my fellow alliance mates brother.

Is that against the ToS?

In situation 1, you're alright.  The third party is sending money from A to B, then tech from B to C.  

Situation 2, that's a bit trickier.

In situation 1, you're alright.  The third party is sending money from A to B, then tech from B to C.  

Situation 2, that's a bit trickier.

No, situation 1 was more if I was trading my resources (AKA Wine/Furs) to b who was tech dealing with C

Was this discussed prior to implementation? I feel like is has some serious potential for abuse and that would've been brought up in a discussion thread.

You know, I did, but -- at this point I just want to find out if my alliance mate's brother can play safely.

Edited by IYIyTh

You know, I did, but -- at this point I just want to find out if my alliance mate's brother can play safely.

That was hardly the place to have a discussion on something of this magnitude.. At the very least that should've started an official discussion on it prior to implementation. Again, this has serious potential for abuse in my opinion and does little more than exacerbate the current problems we're facing.

My question is related to this topic. I do TECH deals. Would doing TECH DEALS with two players on the same network fall into this area and get the player that is unaware that the two players are in the same network? Would the player doing the TECH deal need to screen these players so they don't get in trouble, or should those players that are on the same network have to disclose that they are in a network or will there be some way to tell if someone is in the same network as another player that you already have a deal with. It would be nice to get some sort of warning when making the second aid deal saying that you already have a deal with someone from that network.

I'd like clarification on the aid and trade restrictions.

I've been playing for about 7 years now. If my brother were to start playing would he be expected to somehow know which nations I've aided/traded with in the past? Even I couldn't list half of the nations that I've sent aid to or traded with with any degree of certainty.

It would be nice if he could start playing, though I'm not sure if he's still interested. I'm just worried that if he started sending aid/trading it would be a bit of a minefield, as we've very limited idea which nations might get us banned.

Edited by Blue Lightning

Sorry to hijack this thread for my question.  Nation A makes a donation for Nation B (both on the same network).  Nation B sends payments not to Nation A, but to other nations designated by Nation A. Is that allowed?  What happens if Nation A is really kind and altruistic and makes a donation to nation B for free?  In neither case are the nations trading or warring with one another.  Is donating to another nation a form of aiding? 

Remember that say in my situation, I made a nation years ago, wifey sees me doing stuff and ass about it. She thinks she can build or manage a nation better, so she creates one. We share a desktop at home, tablet at home or on the road, and we both work for a 6800 employee healthcare system. So just because a nation is on the same network and the same device does not necessarily make it a multi.

Now my son says he wants to play. He is young and likes minecraft,etc. So he cannot play, unless I get permission? Or cannot play at all.

wtf is everyone here just being obtuse? Admin said in the update that you basically just can't aid each other in any way. So the only thing you can't do is literally send aid to nation A -> Nation B (off network) -> Nation C beyond the obvious direct aiding. But if Nation A and C are both doing tech deals with B it's fine. I don't think donating even matters don't see why he would limit that of all things, come on lets get serious here...

Didn't clarify.

Frankly I don't want anyone to get banned because of some loose interpretation of a newly implemented rule.

Is that against the ToS?

A) Will probably be ok. B) Will probably look like cheating.

Try not to appear like you're cheating and all will be fine.

Remember that say in my situation, I made a nation years ago, wifey sees me doing stuff and ass about it. She thinks she can build or manage a nation better, so she creates one. We share a desktop at home, tablet at home or on the road, and we both work for a 6800 employee healthcare system. So just because a nation is on the same network and the same device does not necessarily make it a multi.

Now my son says he wants to play. He is young and likes minecraft,etc. So he cannot play, unless I get permission? Or cannot play at all.

Admin might correct me, but now wifey can challenge you to a nation building duel (your son as well), just remember the admonishment about interaction.

My brother will be allowed to play CyberNations while I play on the same network and same device?

That is my read of it.

Edited by ChairmanHal

A) Will probably be ok. B) Will probably look like cheating.

Try not to appear like you're cheating and all will be fine.

B was more referring to the use of Methrage's Limitless Nexus bank system.