Getting about time for a "Name That War" thread

Walshington

"Guns of Brixton" props to anyone who can get the references to this war.

Lyrics and meaning[edit]

"The Guns of Brixton" pre-dates the riots that took place in the 1980s in Brixton but the lyrics depict the feelings of discontent that were building due to heavy-handedness of the police that led to the riots, the recession and other problems at that time. The lyrics refer to a Brixton-born son of Jamaican immigrants who "feel[s] like Ivan...at the end of The Harder they Come", referring to Ivanhoe Martin's death as depicted in the 1972 film The Harder They Come. Paul Simonon was originally doubtful about the song's lyrics, which discuss an individual's paranoid outlook on life, but was encouraged to continue working on it by Strummer.[1]

"Guns of Brixton" props to anyone who can get the references to this war.

Because when RIOT kicked their door, AZTEC came with their hands on the trigger of their gun instead of their heads?

"Police On My Back" would have appropriate as well.  Love those guys.

Because when RIOT kicked their door, AZTEC came with their hands on the trigger of their gun instead of their heads?

"Police On My Back" would have appropriate as well.  Love those guys.

Never thought of Police on my back, and agreed. Well played.

The Riotous Raid (Part I)

Let's be honest, this was little more than the raid.

I didn't know raids knocked off around 300k NS. Or around half (Or at the very least 35%, I'm too lazy to do the math) of RS's Nation Strength 

The Riotous Raid is actually a good name. It captures the scale of the war (relatively small (near-raid), the (main) cause of the war (RS's raiding), and one main combatant. I like it better than most of those suggested.  

The Riotous Raid is actually a good name. It captures the scale of the war (relatively small (near-raid), the (main) cause of the war (RS's raiding), and one main combatant. I like it better than most of those suggested.

I agree on Riotous Raid being a good name. Now that its been suggested, that will probably be it.