Baffin Island[CNRP2]

Knights111

"As of today, the state of conflict with the stubborn nation of Tikal is considered passed, but not resolved. Baffin Border Patrol is on high alert, but besides that, our nation is considered in the clear. We will move up to a 24-hour safety protocol on DEFCON 4 before moving back to peacetime readiness DEFCON 5. We trust that the nation will not act in a way that they will regret, and attack this glorious nation. For the best of this country that Tikal stays back and lets us deal with our own situations and let our nation sit in a peacetime. In any case that an attack is launched, the cities with emergency protocol systems(EPS) will be alerted via EPS and pushed into underground systems such as Geothermal Plants, Subway Systems, Sewage, etc. until any Tikal military, including bombs and missiles, pass to a safe distance. We once again thank all the Canadians out there for trusting the Baffin Republic citizen government."

-President Amelia Yates, on the safety of Baffin. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Classified Transmission*

An encrypted key is sent to the republic of Baffin Island from the Association of Druk Yul Harbormasters. It is to be broadcast by all ships as friendly sqwak from their transponders when making or leaving port in Druk Yul ports. It'll also be used to help track of accounting of logistical needs for their ships and accounting for billing of any support fees associated with their maritime presence.

sleddog_zps419f23a0.jpg

National Transportation Administration

As of today, The Baffin's NTA has announced the use of Sled Dogs as the major use of transportation on Baffin Island. This both saves resources, and in some cases even time. The use of cars in this climate freezes some engines, and the ones that last usually will get stuck in the harsh Canadian terrain. These dogs may also save valuable resources, and means that people will not need to barter such big goods for a vehicle. With this proposal, several animal cruelty laws have been put in place, as well as it being illegal to sell these dogs off the charts, and a trail must be left.

After this proposal being debated for weeks, it went to vote in the national jury. Amelia Yates made an announcement while the voting was in progress.

"I am upset that i was unable to vote in this proposal. I always wanted to see people riding sled dogs, and to see these dogs being a great use and purpose, while staying in shape and enjoying this at the same time. I just hope the jury thinks the same way i do, as i hope that this great proposal is won through the voting."

At the end, the court counted the five votes for each side. It was unanimous, and dogs were finally being able to be called man's best friend. However, when asked if the Sled Dogs were to be used outside of the Island for border patrol, Yates was unable to answer, and calmly walked out of the room, and to the airport where she would fly back to her small house in west Baffin Island.

Thank you for paying attention to this NTA case and announcement, and we hope to keep you up-to-date with all transportation happenings.

Edited by Knights111

[top secret, encrypted to Baffin]

Our satellites have indicated Baffin Island may be moving to a higher alert level and a flurry of border activity. We were wondering if this was in response to anything specific? Anything we can help you with?

Regards,
Dread Space
Secretary of Defence

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Classified, encrypted to Druk Yul

Dear Dread Space,

We thank you for your concern, but with recent international events such as the fall of the US and the events in the new African nation have lead us to go on a temporary alert situation. Thank you for your concern, but currently we are just being careful. This will not affect our relationship with your nation.

Thanks,

A. Yates, President

Classified, Encrypted to Tikal

Dear Tikal,

Despite our arguments in the past, Baffin is assisting in protecting old USA. And despite you constant refusal to grant us land faraway from our own, we have decided to protect North American land anyway. We are protecting the Hudson Bay and its islands only. Hopefully you allow this to slip as we are a Canadian nation attempting to protect Canadian land, just as you are trying to do with the US, i could say. If you do not support this, please keep in mind that we are protecting a bay right next to our own nation, and far from yours.  Unlike before, we have thought about this and decided to go for it. We hope that you understand and allow us to protect Canadian land, as we are also helping in America. If you want, you may deploy no more than 6,000 soldiers to Hudson and keep them there as an international base, as a token of our appreciation if you let this slide. We thank you for your service to North America.

Sincerely,

Amelia Yates

President of Baffin Island

Recent Deployment to Hudson Bay "Stupidest Move of the Century"?

The Baffin Islands deployment to Hudson Bay was meant to stay private, but after the thing happened, Representative Jerry Bailey talked about it.

"This recent event was a dumb move by the Jury. Now, I must go and represent these hooligans to Tikal, who most likely is ready to deploy soldiers to our lands, and beg for them to spare us. It might just be the stupidest move of the century."

Bailey, as a representative, had nothing to do with the vote, but had to explain to Tikal what was going on. Bailey refused to speak of the voting results, and a about 15 minutes into his talk was interrupted by Amelia Yates, who said a lot, but here are some highlighted parts.

"Jerry here refused to listen to the jury when they said that this must remain quiet."

"Bailey will suffer extreme consequences."

"The Jury voted for it, and won. Therefore it is done, and Mr. Bailey does not get to complain."

"I am not saying i agreed with the plan, but the Jury did, so therefore it happens."

"Mr. Bailey should be ashamed of his actions, eh?

So was the move actually the "Stupidest of the century"? Well, that will have to remain unknown.

Edited by Knights111

[Encrypted to Baffin Island]

To: Amelia Yates, Baffin Island

Esteemed President Yates,

There is a notable difference between 'faraway lands' and 'right in one's neighbourhood'. This difference is why we intervened in matters pertaining to Rio, etcetera. Hudson Bay and indeed all of Nunavut is in Baffin Island's neighbourhood (Quebec would be included were it not already administered by the Atlantic Federation and Tikal to protect it from French Expansionism). This in turn is completely acceptable to the Principality, as it is in easy range of all your assets, unlike Rio - which expansionist Africans could have threatened, to give an example. You would have been unable to reinforce the region in time, which is the reason why we intervened and disallowed such a distant protectorate to happen.

As you know, Tikal has set up a Monroe Doctrine not unlike that of the United States of the 19th and 20th century. Protecting the Americas doesn't only mean that we prevent Imperialists from setting up shop, but also that we prevent situations that would endanger the Americas unnecessarily. We do not and never have seen Baffin Island in anything resembling a negative light, only unknowing of the dangers that the Old World may pose.

Hopefully this clears some of the misgivings you may have in regards to Tikal up. We only want the best for all the Americas, and that simply means that sometimes someone doesn't get what they want.

With great regards,

By the authority vested in me by Their Sublime Highnesses

Director of Diplomacy,

Clemente Marroquín Rojas

Principality of Tikal

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, Baffin Government of the Second.

With the government of the second about to move out, and the third to move in, we would like to thank our great government for their service in keeping Baffin Island a neutral, irrelevant power. To Baffin, the true superpower.

We are also proud to announce that the second government has successfully met all goals set for it when admitted into power.

For their final proposal, Amelia Yates has closed off the Western Baffin Forest, and is currently becoming the West National Forest, with the West National Park inside it.

The third rally will soon be held, and the Jury will then decide upon their proposals and goals.

With the government of the third selected, their are some questions. The main circulating the draw of Daniel and Lindsey Mitchell, husband and wife. Whatever the case, there first passed proposals are:

A Zoo

Founding of the Baffin Motor Corporation(B.M.C.)

Annexation of a nearby island

Withdrawal of troops in New York

Baffin Broadcasting Station

New Miitary Uniforms

Congratulations to the new government, and we hope that they perform as well as the previous ones. Along with the passed proposals, there are multiple classified actions that are being handled.

http://wpmedia.blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/01/2014-corvette-stingray.jpg?w=630

2014-corvette-stingray.jpg?w=630

Baffin Motor Corporation

by the National Transportation Administration

The new, third government passed legislation on the Baffin Motor Corporation just the other day, and reports have revealed there first vehicle, and wow is it great. The National Trannsportation Administration is running the program, and Baffin Motors is run directly by the government.

The car will be sold in multiple nations, of which include:

Baffin Island

Federation of the Atlantic

Plains Federation

Cascadia

Tikal

U.G.R

Druk Yul

Japan

Shanghi

New Zealand

G.L.R

Carthage

Ukraine

Unless stated by these nations directly, they will be the first to get the Baffinian motor industry, the best in the world. The car will be shipped to this nation by the thousands, and we hope that these nations welcome us.

Our motor industry spreads across 6 continents and 13 nations, all of which will sell the car for 19,000 Canadian Dollar, and be sure to use the exchange rate. Any other nations wanting the vehicle wil have to either wait until it is available in there nation, or pay the NTA directly in 150,000 Canadian Dollar.

We aim to produce an affordable, and fast, vehicle.

Any nations with any questions may ask the NTA at the Ministry of Transportation.(OOC: Just post below formally)

Public

"In response to the campaign to remove our 10,000 troops from New York, the jury has held a vote and the legislation is currently being processed. We feel that New York has recovered and we are currently removing troops from the area. Instead of focusing on land that is claimed, we are instead focusing on bringing Bylot island into our lands."

-Lindsey Mitchell

Private

5,000 troops have been deployed to nearby Bylot island and secured it safely.

Undisclosed information from Bylot

Blue Collar workers from Baffin Island have been sent to Bylot Island, and are currently building a residential zone.

The 5,000 Soldiers are building a base on the northern coast of Bylot.

The Baffin Sled dog racing group has identified its hq to be on Bylot and has created a snow race track.

Keep up on Undisclosed Info from Bylot Island as the government attempts to annex it as their own at gov.ba/projectbylot

www.news.ba

"Recently, it is to the government's belief that Baffin Island is being excluded from relations with other nations and actions to protect the Americas. We are upset with our fellow North and South American nations for excluding us in the foreign relations that we enjoy being active in the most. We are active in relations that have to do with the better safety of the Americas, yet other nations seem to not realize this. We understand that we have no control over there actions and who they invite to discuss certain actions with, but we just want to set the record straight that we enjoy working with other nations."

-Phelps, Vice President of Baffin Island

Hello, and thanks for reading the top stories from Baffin Island and beyond here the official government news program. This is your writer Xander Michaels here to bring you the top stories of today's world.

BAFFIN NATIONAL FOREST- Lately, it seems like the building of the Baffin National Forest Lodge is booming. I recently talked with government husband and wife Daniel and Lindsey Mitchell, who told me some very interesting things about what is going on here at the lodge. It seems that former president Amelia Yates's home is actually situated inside the forest plans and even worse, at the spot where the lodge is supposed to be. Because of this, the blue collar workers have been building everything EXCEPT the lodge. Word from the mouth of Daniel Mitchell says that Yates is being urged to move out of the home and allow it to be demolished. Lindsey Mitchell then added that Yates should listen to them, or suffer the extreme consequences. This is Xander Michaels, prepared to give you updates on this story.

CAPITAL CITY- The interesting thing about this story is that it just goes to show how easy people can be hurt in modern society. Apparently, Ron Phelps is all offended that other nations are not including Baffin Island in there meetings. It is completely stupid because last time i checked, this nation is not supposed to participate in many foreign meetings. But of course, what do i know? I am just a dumb guy that has a bachelors degree in political science and that was hired BY THE GOVERNMENT to report all of these happenings. But what do i know?

Thanks for reading today, and remember, i'll keep writing as long as you keep typing us up in your address bar, and as long as you subscribe, for those reading our magazine.

Bylot island is currently being constructed as a new military asset. The Bylot Island Criminal Compound is being constructed, soon to be the largest prison in North America.

Recorded by Bylot Security Functions(With names changed for security)

Jonson: Why exactly does a peaceful nation like our own need such a large prison as B.I.C.?

Paul: I don't know, but as a law-abiding blue collar citizen, i feel really uncomfortable having to build this beast

Jonson: We should just keep working, then we'll get our money, right?

Paul: I sure hope so.

While construction has been going on for days, about 3 citizens working on the project have quit their jobs, and each have reportedly protested against the building of Bylot Island as a military asset.

The possibility of Bylot having its own government floats around the capital, and Daniel Mitchell has issued a press conference to be held on the coasts of Baffin Island, just a few miles away from Bylot Island, with the topic being Bylot Island and its future.

We will bring you more leaked information straight from Capital City as it comes, in regards to Bylot Island, while it is in the process of being annexed to the Citizens Repubic of Baffin Island.

Edited by Knights111

www.news.ba

By Xander Michaels

"As many believe that we do not know what we are doing, our response is simpy that you are wrong. We are the pros here, and you are not. We have worked for a while now to make this a better place and people do what? Treat us like idiots."

-Ron Phelps

CAPITAL CITY- Ron, oh sweet Ron. This is another quote from his speech of complaints, and i just want to say that we don't treat all of you like idiots. We just treat you like so because you have no clue what you are doing. And we do not know what weare doing? Really? The truth is, I have a degree in political science. Yea, me, Xander Michaels, so why do you think that the government hired me? Maybe because i know what i am talking about.

ANTARCTICA- So, recently the Antarctica sent over an ambasador, and we sent a dude over there. This guy is named Mikal, and he is a French Baffinian. no clue who he is, but i hope he knows what he is doing. We also said we would assist in developing geothermal technology down there. Now, the thing about this is that, how much developing have we done in geothermal technology? Why are we supposed to know this crap? We are just to stupid to know what to do in this situation, with the dumb Ron Phelps complaining about all the other nations in this world, oh yeah, and ours.

BYLOT ISLAND- So, recent news reveals that Bylot Island will have its own government, to be a dictatorship/monarchy, with the man-in-charge to be Mr. Joel Snyder. The Kingdom of Bylot Island is the title, and it is a private nation, which wil be controlled by Baffin Island, sort of like Puerto Rico to the United States of America years ago. Of course, only certain people may be let in to this place. It is a place with the largest prison in North America, and the largest military base in Baffin Island territory. So, it is controlled and administered by by Baffin. Fairly simple really, the question is just WHEN this island will be annexed.

Keep reading, or else. www.news.ba

Edited by Knights111

JS:"Hello, my name is Joel Snyder, dictator of the Kingdom of Bylot Island. As your one grand leader, i do recognize the government superior to ours, which is the Citizen's Republic of Baffin Island. I will not act in any major way without permissoin from our superiors. I have some ideas on what to build to save money for us. The first is one that we are working on. Every house should be identical, at exactly 3000 square feet, placed in our capital of Bylot."

"How was a dictatorship approved for Bylot?"

JS:"Well the the citizens government wanted the people to have a choice on what kind of people they wanted to rule, so they figured that a dictatorship was farthest away from demarchy."

"What are your plans?"

JS:"Well, to make Bylot Island independent, which is the long term goal."

"Well, I don't think Baffin will be very happy to hear that."

JS:"Well, that's not my problem. Thanks for letting me talk, bye."

Baffin Motor Corporation

The BMC is currently in the works of producing multiple new consumer vehicles, and there 5-year-goal is to be making over 100 different citizen automobiles for over 20 countries.
Currently producing 1 vehicle, BMC is about to unveil 5 more vehicles for there current vehicles.
Making the government millions of dollars, BMC has become the front-runner in affordable, common cars all over 6 continents. However, BMC is now only going to allow their cars to be sold in nations that pays the National Transportation Administration. Smart for business, and money.

Edited by Knights111

Undisclosed Information from Bylot

Baffin Island is currently constructing the Bylot Island palace under what would be a budget of 20.7 million Canadian Dollar.

JS:"I am excited to live as royalty for the rest of my life, it is really exciting and i can't wait to be the greatest dictator to ever live. So let's do this!"

As of now, the Baffin Island Criminal Compound, or BIC, is completed, As well as the large residential zone with identical houses. Bylot Capital is also completed.