All she wrote for SP dominance

Well, I doubt Sociopath Paradise is going to be number one this round. Maybe if WD had held off to 7/2-7/3 update I would have been totally secure. But I have learned a LOT this round, and realize I could be 20mil plus further ahead without even doing the things that veteran players chastise me for not doing. But I am #4 for casualties and intend to have a blast this war. Am already having a blast!

Truly I am learning a lot, and really enjoying this game! ty for being such a friendly and fun community!

Well, if you really want to throw in the towel on "Sociopath Paradise Dominance" when we're just over a quarter of the way through the round then yes, you are correct, you will not have it.  Early-round #1 NS slot is like winning the fifth grade gym class fastest half-mile jogging competition, it doesn't mean much.  Also, not to be "that guy" but you haven't even eaten a nuke this round yet - how the hell does this constitute "that's all she wrote"?

Or, you could abandon the fatalism.  If you want dominance to be yours, take it.  You're in a decent alliance, you can build (and thus, re-build).  Last round I got an early-round nuclear smackdown from Warriors and I still finished #5 in NS.  Was it a flag?  No.  But if I'd given up, it probably would've been something like 300th place.

What I meant is, I can see that I am unlikely to retain the #1 spot. "Early-round #1 NS slot is like winning the fifth grade gym class fastest half-mile jogging competition, it doesn't mean much." Why do you feel the need to be insulting? It means a great deal  TO ME to have a nine day run as #1 in a game with 491 people. In fact, my goal this round was to hit #1 at ALL, and I am proud to have succeeded. If you end up with #1, great, if not, dude don't trash talk my nation for BEING number one. The fact that I held it for nine days as a relative n00b in a game that veterans have all but murdered by creating a climate where they expect and are expected to monopolize it, punishing people for being n00bs, treating established power with deference and honor and new power with jealousy and alarm, and therefore driving off any new players/AAs who have attempted to establish themselves, and railing against people who attempt to do anything different from them, is all but a miracle tbh imo.

So, unless YOU'RE number one, there is no need to deprecate the current #1, transient though his status may be. Trivializing being #1 at something says one of two things, at least that I can see. A.) You're envious of that status and cannot express that honestly or healthily or B.) You have contempt for the activity the person is #1 at. Now, I understand CN is a trivial game, but you play it also. So denegrate my achievement, do so all you want privately, but to do so in response to me, I have to wonder at your psychological motivations, and none of the potential options are encouraging. Perhaps you could help me by explaining how you felt it would benefit you emotionally to take time out of your undoubtedly busy day to insult me and trivialize my success. Because I'd like to think you had some positive motivation I am missing, and that this was simply a "communication issue".

Your post was a strange combination of insults and encouragement, so I wasn't sure how to respond. Thanks for the encouragement? Also, no one has eaten a nuke so far.

I do not intend to quit. I intend to fight this war and then rebuild, watch the postwar top ten and learn from them, and TRULY, safely, firmly dominate next round. Maybe I'll fail then too. Maybe my approach is as flawed as many have told me. But it is FUN, and I enjoy doing it. Isn't that the goal?

Edited by John More Dread

If you want to learn how to be a better nation builder, then don't watch the top 10 post war. This is a marathon, where the goal is being #1 when the game goes down. Your nation may be #1 now, however, there are plenty of other nations out there that look like they pose no threat to you, but are vastly more well funded. You're paying more in bills than they are, and they will rebuild much better than you if my guys do their job right. Your eagerness to rise to the top so early is what has damned you from a top finish at the end. I agree with you. You will lose the top spot eventually and likely never gain it back. NGW disagrees with me and says it is possible for you to turn it around for at the very least a top 10 finish. If that matters to you, then hopefully you prove me wrong, and not him. 

During the early building days I am routinely in the upper echelons of the top 10 including decent stretches at #1, and have been for the last five consecutive rounds.  I can't recall off the top my head which round, but during a war with Roman Empire it took three days and two nukes to knock me out of the top three and in round 27 I took the top NS spot for several days despite having two missing trade slots and getting anarchied while techraiding.  When I say it doesn't mean much I'm speaking from quite a bit of experience here because my overall placement varied from near the top to near the bottom in terms of NS.

Your pixels rise, then a war comes along, and they go away - this cycle will repeat several times each round.  I was certainly not trivializing success, and I'm not entirely sure how you interpreted it that way because it's entirely too damn early to call anything a success or a failure.  And slow down with the alliance rhetoric there hoss, I'm quite sure I referred to your alliance in a positive light.  What I was criticizing was the tone of your post - that an early non-nuclear war means the end of your aspiration for #1 NS.  What made me somewhat peeved was that you felt it necessary to use the TE OWF to announce it.

Maybe your definition of fun is significantly different than mine, but I don't find anything fun about abandoning my aspirations or publicly questioning whether I'm capable of rising to a challenge.  Now, the part where I rise to the challenge and then exceed my own expectations - that is the most fun for me.  The goal of "have fun" is certainly a legitimate one, after all this is a game, but it's very nebulous.  Make your mark on this place.  If you'd read my post carefully you should have been able to infer that I don't doubt your ability to do it - only your will to do it.

I used the owf to announce things about my nation. Is this not where they should go?

I made way too many mistakes this round to likely end it at #1.

I am not giving up on my aspirations, and will have a better chance at #1 next round. Right now I aspire to have fun in war destroying pixels!

John, growth in TE means little if you don't have the cash to rebuy war losses. I mean you were at #1 but only had 8 mil and barely fought. For example, I fought 3 warrior rogues and have almost 3 times your WC with less money. I am not trying to bash you but I feel there is a lesson to be learned. As to your round being over, by no means is it. Will you be #1 post war? Definately not but you can recover and still may hit the top spot at the end. What you need is somebody to mentor you and give advice. What many desribe as vet bias is in fact what works.

Sociopath is number one with 4mil wc. Not pro-building material. Not sounding like an asshole or anything.

A lot of people on here always focus on being "number 1" with out building up a good war chest and being prepared for war.

Sociopath is number one with 4mil wc. Not pro-building material. Not sounding like an !@#$%^& or anything.

A lot of people on here always focus on being "number 1" with out building up a good war chest and being prepared for war.

I'm standing... right here. >_>

Warchest, warchest, warchest.

It's not just about surviving and rebuilding...having a large pile of money means that you can adjust quickly to the opponents you're facing. I had a grand total of not too much militarily an hour before declaration, but I did have enough money to max out spies and buy a couple hundred tech to match your airforce when you ended up a as a target. It's something that you'll often see with TPC and other high-cash groupings; the alliance you declare on and the alliance you're facing a day later rarely feature much similarity, and it all comes down to having enough cash to make changes in prep for a war or once one breaks out. 

It's sort of a way to game the psychology of fairness too I guess. You can launch a 10kns updeclare, build 40kns, and look like the underdogs. Despair seems pretty well set up for #1. I have moved to #2 in casuaties, however! Still somehow surviving out of anarchy despite only the vaguest idea how to fight a war.

Scotland Yard, I really admire the WD style. I have been in two rounds where my AA was at war with them and they fight well. Perhaps after our war is over, you could tell me what I did wrong/right? Keep in mind I am basically flying solo.

Before he hit you he didnt collect taxes for 8 days, just paid bills at around 1700? infra. Then he spent all his money buying up infra and collected 8 days worth at 2300 infra. That gave him plenty of cash to buy tech planes etc and still have about 20 million cash.

Are you catching on yet?

Edited by StevieG

Before he hit you he didnt collect taxes for 8 days, just paid bills at around 1700? infra. Then he spent all his money buying up infra and collected 8 days worth at 2300 infra. That gave him plenty of cash to buy tech planes etc and still have about 20 million cash.

Are you catching o

Stevie in order to post, as per the rules, you should update your nation info.