The GM's Hall

Rudolph

vrAalCN.png

Note: The GMs want this to be an active, involved Hall. Without community involvement we will not have community resolution. Anyone can post here at will as long as it has to do with rules or disputes.

Definition of a GM

The Game Masters (GM's) are CNRP2 players elected by the Cyber Nations Role Playing 2 community to apply the CNRP2 community rules. They represent the moderation staff within CNRP2. GM's do not create rules, as they are not a triumvirate. However, the rules can be ambiguous, as in reality they are not a centralized set of policies, but a loose network of customs, procedures, written and unwritten guidelines. Many disputes within CNRP2, as it is a competitive atmosphere, arise from this ambiguity. Therefore to apply the rules, the duty of interpretations is also left to the GM. This is a functional and a reasonable definition, so I continue to maintain it. It is from this definition, that scope and the role of the GM can be derived.

Reigning GM's:

Rudolph

Voodoo

Yerushalayim

Dispute Resolution

If a dispute occurs, be it a disagreement in the rules, disagreement in interpretation, claims of abuse, or any other incident whereby one party feels wronged by another the first step which should be attempted is a private negotiation between the two sides.

If negotiation fails, then please post in this thread (the GM Hall) linking specifically to the relevant posts which the dispute concerns. Provide a short description of the dispute. At that point the GM's will review the situation, and depending on the participants involved in the case will make a ruling. If the verdict is apparent, any GM will make it prior to any 'case' being built by either side. If the verdict is not apparent, the GM's will create a Forum PM with all participants and GM's so they can examine the situation from both sides before a ruling is made.

Should the initiator or second party refuse to participate in the dispute resolution process, a decision will still be made on the basis of the participating party's posts, as well as any third party input. In such a case the non-participating party has foregone their opportunity to present their case to us. If they do not like the decision that comes back, we cannot be blamed or faulted for whatever impact the lack of their input has. Our decision will not necessarily be a default judgement favoring the participating side, but we will in all likelihood lack the full details of the non-participants side, (as only they fully know the details of what they posted).

If the GM`s see a violation of the rules that nobody comes forward about, then it is still up to the GM`s to fix said violation.

Record Keeping of GM/Moderator Rulings

None applicable at the moment.

Conclusion

As a general summation:

-No Ruling will be given on an unclear issue without all sides being heard from, be it publicly or privately.

-It is the responsibility of interested parties to provide the evidence and arguments necessary to understanding a case. We cannot be expected to do the investigative leg work over an issue that those who are actually involved in understand the best. The most efficient way to obtain the facts is for those who know them to come forward.

-The GM`s will not take any abuse. There will be disagreements, and if you find that you disagree with us then politely point out what you believe to be flaws. Any unwarranted abuse will not be looked kindly upon.

-Many GM discussions are done on IRC, upon request full logs on a specific subject will be provided. Edited by Rudolph

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9XbFfuL.png

Note: This board is where players have given the GM's notice of their absence. Any player's nation who is not in the board can be safely wiped from the map should they be found to be inactive after three weeks.

Notice of Absence:
Player - Nation Name - Date of notice - Date of Expected Return

Maelstrom Vortex - Principality of Tikal - September 7th, 2014 - September 9th, 2014

Lynneth - Tikal - September 7th, 2014 - September 14th, 2014

Approved Extensions/Locked Nations/Vacation Mode:
Player - Nation Name - Date of Approval - Time Extension
FHIC - France - July 7th - Vacation Mode (IE: Until FHIC returns)

To report a notice within this thread, do so in the following matter:

Player Name:
Nation Name:
Expected Time Away Until:

Edited by Rudolph

Compilation of GM/Moderator Rulings

None applicable at the moment.

This goes directly against the spirit of the idea that community role play will not become governed by a mess of past precesdents.

Please treat each and every situation as an individual one and make decisions, not binding rulings to be used as examples for other situations.

This goes directly against the spirit of the idea that community role play will not become governed by a mess of past precesdents.

Please treat each and every situation as an individual one and make decisions, not binding rulings to be used as examples for other situations.

The last thing I and the other GM's want to do is create precedents to use for future rulings. Taking the concern into mind, I've changed the wording from 'Compilation' to 'Record Keeping' to highlight the difference that it's to be used entirely for archiving/record keeping.

The last thing I and the other GM's want to do is create precedents to use for future rulings. Taking the concern into mind, I've changed the wording from 'Compilation' to 'Record Keeping' to highlight the difference that it's to be used entirely for archiving/record keeping.

three cheers to his nibs and all that. 

I'm contesting FHiC's pause for 10 weeks. The current inactivity rule is far shorter. 

The GM's are approving a leave of absence for a fellow GM and I feel this is a breach of the spirit of the rule. This leave is far too long imo and FHIC should give up her position on the map.

No one is forcing her to join the Army, that's on her.

Its not about having faith, its about not utterly messing somebodies RP up whilst they are away for over three months. Whats worse, having the nation taken off the map, all in tact, alive characters and no blemishes on its record, or being left in the hands of a guy who may quite possibly get it all shot to hell, obliterated and recycled for toilet paper. Ontop of that, losing his own RP which is equally as valued in terms of quality and depth.

I agree with TBM that its too long of a time to keep a nation on the map and inactive, and unfair to anybody else who may want France in the next three months, new players and re-rollers alike, full with the knowledge that the land is quiet and inactive and to simply put it, wasting good space doing nothing.

Neither do I think its fair that FHIC's RP history should be wiped, but when comparing that to having a large map space in the most wanted continent just going to waste, I think we all know what is the better option. Who knows, an empty france might simply end up back with FHIC when shes finished basic anyhow, that is of course, if she can find time to RP around the whole... being a soldier thing.

I once again raise the point of Tanis who tried to maintain his nation when he joined the USAF and simply couldn't do it, even after basic, and even now, rarely even gets onto IRC. Not to mention he put close to 18 months to 2 years into his nation or something like that, not just 2 months or so. Not to say that your RP is worthless, its not, but lets look at the bigger picture here and be realistic. Your basic training is 10 weeks, what about the second phase training? which can last anywhere between 6 weeks and 52 weeks, perhaps even longer for a paralegal.

No, the rule was not ever in my mind intended to put any part of the map on hold for a period of up to 10 weeks. It is excessive. 

Reroll when you get back.

The rules specifically state that with GM approval I can go longer than 2 months, I'm going to be gone approximately two weeks longer than that. In my eyes that is not against the spirit of the rule, but exactly what it was made for.

I'm going with TBM on this, 3 months is excessive, regardless of the reason. Looking at the other 3 months after that, and then the actual job to do between learning? There isnt going to be much time for internet nation roleplay.