Plea to all CN players

stockhunter

I really think that micros are the only thing making the game interesting right now.

Most of the major alliances' activities seem scripted -- who hasn't predicted the last 5 major wars, down to whose side who's alliance will be on?  Sure, there is some political intrigue, but always based on short-term political gain.

Micro-driven wars are better.  A week before we fought Kashmir, I had NO IDEA I'd ever fight Kashmir.  MONTHS before Disorder, we all saw the sides drawing up.  Hell, the RIOT-NSF war could have been great -- the global war NO ONE saw coming.  But that thing was shut down by established alliances for precisely that reason:  it wasn't expected by TPTB. 

I think FAN-UCR, Kaskus-SL, and RIOT-NSF keep this world interesting.  I didn't join/start a micro because I couldn't get a government job elsewhere -- I did it so my CN life wouldn't be pre-scripted and I'd end up fighting people 3 treaty chains away who I had nothing against.

I pretty much agree with Walshie here, with the stagnation of the alliances which comprise of the the treaty web, micros are pretty much the only ones keeping things fresh mostly because it's harder to predict what happens. Unfortunately such wars get restricted by the same alliances which complain about nothing happening but when sometime does happen, they move to save their pixels.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Resetting has pros and cons, but in the end everything will just end up like it was before with-in something like, 6 months. What we need is more players that want to step-up, and want to play a bigger role in the game. We had more wars back in the beginning for a lot of reasons, but a big one was that people didn't care. People just went out gins blazin', but now people actually care about the game(myself included). It is a barrier that keeps us from realizing that we can do what ever we want, because it is just a game.

Issue with this is that most of the established AAs have established governments that rarely see much change in their composition. This is what is directly leading to all the micros and protectorates with ambitious members being unable to progress in a larger alliance and therefore attempting to establish their own alliances. Even though I am in a democratic alliance it is my opinion that the model used by NPO where there can be (or used to be anyway) multiple IOs and department heads per department to be the superior government system as it rewards members with talent by promoting them to a position they deserve. This differs from most other alliances where promotions are a result of a higher position becoming vacant or the wining of an election. I think that pre karma NPO had something like 5 or more FAIOs at one time although someone will probably correct me on that.

The issue is that a substantial amount of larger AAs have a relatively unchanging leadership leading to a stagnant FA situation leading to ambitious members attempting to form their own AAs which just become conflicts by proxy (cold war style) for the larger AAs and therefore only leading to further stagnation of the entire web. Heck, for the last few years we have had nearly the same war over and over again with the same people fighting the same people with discussions led by the same people. Over and over.

No wonder the game is dying.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Correlation does not imply causation. Without any evidence you are merely pointing out one out of a thousand changes that have happened over the years and are asking alliance leaders to gamble others time and hard work on what is nothing more than a random guess :/

You need to come up with data that can prove a causal relation between the two before this can be anything more than a guess.

Correlation does not imply causation. Without any evidence you are merely pointing out one out of a thousand changes that have happened over the years and are asking alliance leaders to gamble others time and hard work on what is nothing more than a random guess :/

You need to come up with data that can prove a causal relation between the two before this can be anything more than a guess.

Are you attempting to somehow use a scientific method to somehow prove something is correct in a political simulator where diplomacy is usually solely based around a few members in gov liking a few members of gov from another alliance?

Please, by all means, carry on.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hey guys, go do something stupid so we can all roll you and have some fun! Come on, you're killing the game!"

Doing something doesn't mean doing something stupid. Do something smart make people listen, and if they don't find someone they will listen to and get them to help doing whatever it is you want done.

As to the OP these posts have literally not changed in like 8 years. Yes CN is smaller and less active than it was but there is still a large community and if you try you can make it fun. 

So what is this, a bi-annual thing? A tri-monthly? I'm not saying I've gotten tired of the genre, but maybe we could get a new edition of Chicken Little Magazine rather than the same one I've been receiving since the end of GW3.

Newsflash, kiddo; the game has been "dying" since before the 2000's hit double digits. It's not going to change any time soon, barring another mass invasion from a huge forum or something of the like. So just sit back, relax, and stop trying to hold up a sky that isn't falling. We're doing fine.

So what is this, a bi-annual thing? A tri-monthly? I'm not saying I've gotten tired of the genre, but maybe we could get a new edition of Chicken Little Magazine rather than the same one I've been receiving since the end of GW3.

Newsflash, kiddo; the game has been "dying" since before the 2000's hit double digits. It's not going to change any time soon, barring another mass invasion from a huge forum or something of the like. So just sit back, relax, and stop trying to hold up a sky that isn't falling. We're doing fine.

These kids just don't understand man. 

Yawn, everyone cancel all treaties and make it were wars do not end up in a complete beat down of some alliance or complete global war. Then there needs to be some alliances that actually hate each other and want to kill each other and try every once in awhile. 

What's OWF?

I've only been here for a few days and look forward to exploring CN and waring with fascists and right-wingers XD

However, the amount of forums one has to sign up to, just to play the game is kind of dizzying.

What's OWF?

I've only been here for a few days and look forward to exploring CN and waring with fascists and right-wingers XD

However, the amount of forums one has to sign up to, just to play the game is kind of dizzying.

Open World Forum, these boards you're on now ...

Typically you only need to sign up on these boards and your own alliances board (unless you become a diplomat within your alliance) ..

Open World Forum, these boards you're on now ...

Typically you only need to sign up on these boards and your own alliances board (unless you become a diplomat within your alliance) ..

The odd thing about calling it the OWF, is that they changed the name to Open World RP..

The odd thing about calling it the OWF, is that they changed the name to Open World RP..

No no, don't confuse it with this specific forum within the boards - OWF is the entirety of this board .. We just do all our game posting within the OWRP specifically because the other areas are Suggestions, TE, Off-Topic, etc .. All still part of the OWF ..

Open World RP, a portion of the OWF: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/forum/69-open-world-rp/

OWF: http://forums.cybernations.net Edited by Rayvon

I had to sign up to "the community" which gave me access to here, sign up for LSF and if I want to check out any other alliances it looks like I have to sign up their forums, as well. I'm new here, so maybe I'm making it more complicating than it actually is?

Thanks for clarifying OWF XD

I'm on an old tablet, which makes it hard for me to keep up with IRC chat. XD

Edited by casita